What's new

Jazz@hawks, 3.25.12, 4:00 p.m.

Jody Genessy: Why Corbin didn't sub in OTs: "It's tough to come in those situations after being out, be ready to go. I thought they were fresh enough."

Guess he did not see Big Al on the bench huffing and puffing like a man who just ran 20 wind sprints. And I guess he did not see Sap stumbling around trying to shoot.

In fairness, I see coaches do this all the time, over-relying on their starters even though there starters are totally out of gas. It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened had Ty subbed all the starter at the beginning of any one of the OTs for 2 or 3 minutes.

And the bigger worry here is the lingering effects: does this lead to a worn out team losing more games? Injuries?

Has anyone read the Hollinger Insider article about why 4 OTs were due to bad strategy by the coaches?

Hey imagine that 1 loss (in 4OT) after a 6 game in winning streak and it's back to the same ol' same ol'. The same people that have an agenda or biases or whatever are blaming this loss on that favorite scapegoat, IE Big Al, Corbin, CJ or whoever. Really every player had a chance in the closing stretch of the 4th qtr and each of the OT's to win the game but the players failed to make those plays.

To me during the game I was thinking similar like at least put in Burks for CJ but after looking at the stats CJ had good stats. I also wanted more Favors but Al was playing better then Millsap and I don't expect Millsap to be subbed out given his history (despite me yelling at the TV for him to get out). Going off stats Harris and Hayward had the worst but watching the game they seemed to be creating and helping make the big plays so maybe AFTER the game is over and I'm not all emotional I can admit things aren't as obvious as they seem live.

Even without this 4OT game tomorrows game would be tough 4th game in 5 nights or 6th game in 8 nights if you want to back it up a bit further.

Oh just to point out further I also do the same thing during the game I was blaming Millsap the most he seemed to rely on iso jumpers and in one of the OT's he gave up that and one layup (also CJ did the same) so he compounded his horrid offensive decisions with bad defensive decisions.

root I don't agree with any of that.
They should have played some fresh players more.
They lost the game 5 times with the same mistake.

root I don't agree with any of that.
They should have played some fresh players more.
They lost the game 5 times with the same mistake.

OK. But why all the sudden are you so post happy. Maybe because ONE GAME finally legitimized all your preconceived notions concerning this team? Very bold, sir. See you after the next loss. Can't wait.

preoccupied1.jpg

Has anyone read the Hollinger Insider article about why 4 OTs were due to bad strategy by the coaches?

I googled it and clicked on 15 links before finding the right one, but I can't read it because I am not an insider at ESPN.
Can you fill us in ?

I did not see this game. So can somebody explain how Favors only got 19 minutes of a 4 OT game? Because unless he was complete garbage in his time (doesn't seem so with 14 and 7) then there is no reasonable reason for that.

Corbin truly has me puzzled as to what the **** he is doing with our best big guy on the bench.

So The Norm looks like we lost the next game big because of this 4 OT game.

(21 point win for the Jazz) LOL

So The Norm looks like we lost the next game big because of this 4 OT game.

(21 point win for the Jazz) LOL

The fact that Utah came back after that slobberknocker of a game to win the next day on the road speaks volumes about how far the Jazz have come.

The fact that Utah came back after that slobberknocker of a game to win the next day on the road speaks volumes about how far the Jazz have come.
I completely agree. But last night going over 6 posts from 1 poster saying there was no way the Jazz win tonight got me a little fired up. The Jazz have played great ball lately and losing one game in 4 OT's were they played as hard as they could only to have fans say they well lose the next one for sure made me mad.

Thisthisthisthis.

Jazz have come such a long way. PS: I enjoy how no one is giving Ty props for "FOOLISHLY PUTTING THE STARTERS BACK IN", when this exact substitution essentially doused the Nets hot-streak, and helped us respectably blow this lottery team out. Props to Corbz.

Thisthisthisthis.

Jazz have come such a long way. PS: I enjoy how no one is giving Ty props for "FOOLISHLY PUTTING THE STARTERS BACK IN", when this exact substitution essentially doused the Nets hot-streak, and helped us respectably blow this lottery team out. Props to Corbz.

I agree.

Hadn't ready the Nets thread since before the game started but I know during the Nets game I was like bring the starters back but when he did I was "no not all of them". Although I try not to criticize him to much as he's still learning how to be a HC and at the same time since I try not to praise him to much either. Could be because I want to see if it was a one time thing or how he is going to coach, well that and I might be afraid for my life posting anything positive about him on this board.