What's new

Jazz @ Heat | November 9th @ 5:30pm

And finally, Price is our backup PG. Watson is the world's best emergency PG on Earth. But the job has been won.
Price and Fes hopefully earned some minutes tonight. If AJ, CJ and Raja aren't getting it done, hopefully Sloan takes advantage of some of his other options.

Price's game winning drive and dish to Elson was amazing tonight. He didn't panic, took control and managed the time very, very well. Amazing job, Ronnie!

Also, a key stat of the game. Coming into the game, the Heat had the best defense in the league. Lowest points per game against them.

I'm totally figuring out how to archive this game from LP Broadband and to save it somehow. Truly one for the ages.

I didn't read the whole thread, but did anyone point out the sweet revenge this game was for the Debacle In Miami? Which, ahem, Millsap (and AK) played key roles in? Even if the team is wildly different, I like the karma.

Dang it, it's not available for viewing due to it being on NBATV. That's just flat out weak.

Props to Sloan too for kicking butt as always

And this:

The Heat missed five shots in the final two minutes of overtime that either would have tied the game or given them the lead, including Eddie House's desperation jumper at the buzzer. Spoelstra said the play was designed for James to get a lob at the rim, an option Utah took away.

"Jerry Sloan is one of the best coaches we have in our league," James said. "He kind of figured out what we wanted to do."

Some funny quotes from a Heat message board...

https://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5700037552/m/4491052695

Arroyo is out there because the Heat don't want Lebron or Wade guarding the other team's PGs. It's for defensive match-up purposes.

However, with the way they use Lebron on offense, makes Arroyo irrelevant. Thus, the Heat are basically playing 4-on-5 on offense.

What some of you guys don't realize about Millsap is that he was already Utah's leading scorer coming into this game. We were always gonna let D-will have a good game because we can't defend a pg. We should have been worrying about their next best player in Millsap

Millsap was beasting all game and when your in a zone you can hit at any range, d-will stated he hits those all the time during practice he just hasn't needed to do it during game times since he has a different role. It's not like the guy was a no show all game and then he hit 3 straight 3's in a row.

The thing is, Tmac can actually made 3s, Paul Milsap making 3s is like Glen big baby davis making 3 straight 3s, I swear he sold his soul to the devil,****ing Utah Im glad MJ owned you in the 90s

umm it had to be the mormon devil tho...they are in Utah

To put it in perspective, I havent felt this way since my yankees blew that 04 series to boston, I have never seen something like this happen in a basketball game, Paul Millsap hitting 3 straigth 3s are you kidding me, whats next? Shaq making 15 straight free trows against us on thursday? after the game I felt sick becuase I had just wasted 3 hours of my life and considering not going to college tomorrow

Firstly i notices for a game like this i saw a lot of empty seats!!! I cannot comprehend especially for fan night and playing against one of the elite teams in the league do i not see a sold out arena!!!!! Somebody here also mentioned people were leaving with 4 mins left in the 4th - what in the world is going on.

I just found my Christmas present... for... Myself...

get_image.aspx

I'm curious how many of Sap's previous 20 3ipoint attempts were missed buzzer beaters. I'm guessing at least half of them. When you keep that in mind, it's not THAT amazing that he hit 3. Maybe he's had it in him all along.

And to think, he could be playing for Portland right now....

I remember a lot of people were ripping KOC for matching...

I didn't read the whole thread, but did anyone point out the sweet revenge this game was for the Debacle In Miami? Which, ahem, Millsap (and AK) played key roles in? Even if the team is wildly different, I like the karma.

jazz have had several other disastrous defeats in miami, right?

this (nice bounce): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK8NtYVK4D8

and then the phantom kirilenko foul on wade at the buzzer when wade connected on 3 Fts.

Do you realize the Heat are the best defensive team in the NBA? Do you realize it's not only Jefferson that looks like crap? Of course not. It all boils down to Fesenko for you.

In Game Strategy. Player struggles in first five minutes, bench them for the game. Bench scrub comes in and gets 5 points and 2 rebounds, play them 40 mpg.
Get back to washing my BMW, McFly.

that inbound violation foul (or whatever it was) in the final seconds of regulation... i didn't get a good look at it, but it did appear to be the worst call in the history of all four major American professional sports. or am i wrong?

it was a perfect example of the refs stepping in to decide the game. not only did they consequently allow the home team the perfect number of FTs to ice the game, it also eliminated the visiting team's most important player from the game. it was a textbook NBA call. despite the outcome of the game, i'm sure the crew got major kudos from the league office for a job well done.