What's new

Jazz @ Indiana Pace Cars

how much more money is Conley making than Rubio? Just curious. And compare that to how much we’ve actually improved at the PG position through actual production. Was it worth it?

only players I miss,

crowder - toughness off the bench
favors - came in to save the day when rudy sputtered. gave us a great punch

was it possible to unload exum and keep crowder?

mitchell and conley need to get to the line more.

mitchell 6 FTA isn't good enough. You need to reach down into the harden dark arts.

how much more money is Conley making than Rubio? Just curious. And compare that to how much we’ve actually improved at the PG position through actual production. Was it worth it?

Worth it? Yes. We were going nowhere with Rubio. If Conley plays better (and our bench), we can win a championship. I'll be patient with Conley and this team. Heck, we almost beat the best team in the NBA without Rudy.

Worth it? Yes. We were going nowhere with Rubio. If Conley plays better (and our bench), we can win a championship. I'll be patient with Conley and this team. Heck, we almost beat the best team in the NBA without Rudy.

Wow! We’re really good then! We almost beat the best team in the NBA without Rudy?! So how did we lose to the Kings and more recently, the Pacers? Are they better than the Bucks?

I think it's not.

Everytime someone uses the word "elite", there are so many people arguing about what's the threshold. Are superb or outstanding more adequate words? In my opinion last season Conley was superb/outstanding/elite. We can disagree.
I think elite at a minimum means all Star.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

only players I miss,

crowder - toughness off the bench
favors - came in to save the day when rudy sputtered. gave us a great punch

was it possible to unload exum and keep crowder?

unsure.

I’m fine with people missing some of the other players we gave up in the trade. I also understand that Rubio wasn’t the answer. All I’m questioning is if we could redo the trade now, would we keep it as is? Or would we have any second thoughts about selling the farm for Conley? It’s okay to be honest and wonder if that trade was actually a bad deal for us.

I’m also curious to see to what lengths some fans will go to defend that trade and try and convince us that they aren’t having ANY second thoughts. Should be entertaining.

I think elite at a minimum means all Star.

We can have an argument whether or not he has been an all star level player. In my opinion, he has been and last season was one of his best.

For many years he's been one of the top point guards in the league. Him not being named an all star during his career is a travesty but it is what it is. Look at Rudy.

Yes

I also was out with family During the game. We went and Saw JoJo Rabbit.

why didn’t dante play more? I understand wanting to ease him into play. But 3 minutes? And it wasn’t like Conley and Mudiay we’re burning the nets.

I feel that as long as Exum is healthy, might as well give him some burn. We all know he’s a jammed finger away from another torn ACL. Might as well take advantage of the time we have now before he goes down with his typical season ender in the next month or two.

Wow! We’re really good then! We almost beat the best team in the NBA without Rudy?! So how did we lose to the Kings and more recently, the Pacers? Are they better than the Bucks?

Because the Kings played a superb game. And the Pacers are really really good. That doesn't mean we suck and we should go into panic go. But feel free to do so.

Because the Kings played a superb game. And the Pacers are really really good. That doesn't mean we suck and we should go into panic go. But feel free to do so.

aw. I see. So there’s nuance here. So maybe we shouldn’t base opinions of head to head matchups?

who says we suck? I literally haven’t seen anyone say that for a few years now.

unsure.

I’m fine with people missing some of the other players we gave up in the trade. I also understand that Rubio wasn’t the answer. All I’m questioning is if we could redo the trade now, would we keep it as is? Or would we have any second thoughts about selling the farm for Conley? It’s okay to be honest and wonder if that trade was actually a bad deal for us.

I’m also curious to see to what lengths some fans will go to defend that trade and try and convince us that they aren’t having ANY second thoughts. Should be entertaining.

trade sucks right now for sure, but it had to be made. You take a chance, so far it's not worked the way I wanted, but conley was trending way up before the last 2 games. Verdictis still out.

jazz were not going anywhere, it was 2 exits vs the rockets, getting smashed each time. Had to do something.

trade sucks right now for sure, but it had to be made.

jazz were not going anywhere, it was 2 exits vs the rockets, getting smashed each time. Had to do something.

I don’t equate “doing something” = sell the farm for Conley

I agree, we needed to do something. But trading for Conley and his albatross contract maybe wasn’t the best idea. And it’s hardly like this was unforeseeable. I wasn’t in this camp, but I know plenty of critics of the deal on this board. They cited his contract, age, and size as concerns. The critics have been vindicated so far Unfortunately.

Were there other deals to be had? Wasn’t Rubio in his last year? That expiring contract might’ve been helpful right now, right? Or am I missing something?

I don’t equate “doing something” = sell the farm for Conley

I agree, we needed to do something. But trading for Conley and his albatross contract maybe wasn’t the best idea. And it’s hardly like this was unforeseeable. I wasn’t in this camp, but I know plenty of critics of the deal on this board. They cited his contract, age, and size as concerns. The critics have been vindicated so far Unfortunately.

Were there other deals to be had? Wasn’t Rubio in his last year? That expiring contract might’ve been helpful right now, right? Or am I missing something?

rubio is/was not the answer. it doesn't work.....it just doesnt.

rubio is/was not the answer. it doesn't work.....it just doesnt.

Yes, as stated before, I agree. Rubio wasn’t the answer. Is Conley? Was Conley really the best we could do? What other options would’ve been available over the summer and to the trade deadline?

aw. I see. So there’s nuance here. So maybe we shouldn’t base opinions of head to head matchups?

who says we suck? I literally haven’t seen anyone say that for a few years now.

So. what's your point? can you construct your argument? because you are just raising questions with no clear point to them. Like:

What are you trying to say really?. My point is that we are a good team but we are not playing to our potential: pieces are meshing, players are struggling. It's fine to question whether or not the trade was worth it: if Conley (and his salary) was worth trading for instead of keeping Rubio. To which I said yes because we reached a plateau with Rubio as PG and Conley, playing at his normal or close to normal level, raise us to another level (championship contenders even). This has nothing to do the fact that Conley is right now struggling and that the team has some fixes to make. And yeah, we are going to lose some games in the process. We have lost some close ones against some really good teams and our schedule sucks.

And some of the posts lately has been plain dumb. Like someone comparing Conley to Shelvin Mack.