What's new

Jazz @ Indiana Pace Cars

So. what's your point? can you construct your argument? because you are just raising questions with no clear point to them. Like:

What are you trying to say really?. My point is that we are a good team but we are not playing to our potential: pieces are meshing, players are struggling. It's fine to question whether or not the trade was worth it: if Conley (and his salary) was worth trading for instead of keeping Rubio. To which I said yes because we reached a plateau with Rubio as PG and Conley, playing at his normal or close to normal level, raise us to another level (championship contenders even). This has nothing to do the fact that Conley is right now struggling and that the team has some fixes to make. And yeah, we are going to lose some games in the process. We have lost some close ones against some really good teams and our schedule sucks.

And some of the posts lately has been plain dumb. Like someone comparing Conley to Shelvin Mack.

1. Who compared Conley to Mack? It wasn’t me. So direct your ire elsewhere.
2. Yes, asking questions is one of my major points. We absolutely should be reflecting on the Conley trade. We should also be looking to move on from exum. The second point being:
3. My point in bringing up the Kings and Pacers games is that head to head matchups don’t tell you much of anything. All teams, good or bad, can lose to anyone in the league. So bringing up one game against the Bucks, just isn’t useful imo. The best indicator of where we’re at is in the standings. Right now we are a mid level playoff team. Which, honestly, feels about right.

Unless things drastically change with Conley, we’ll finish in that 4-6 range... again.

I'm on the **** all over Conley bandwagon atm myself but let's give the guy a season before completely dismissing the guy, shall we?

I don’t equate “doing something” = sell the farm for Conley

I agree, we needed to do something. But trading for Conley and his albatross contract maybe wasn’t the best idea. And it’s hardly like this was unforeseeable. I wasn’t in this camp, but I know plenty of critics of the deal on this board. They cited his contract, age, and size as concerns. The critics have been vindicated so far Unfortunately.

Were there other deals to be had? Wasn’t Rubio in his last year? That expiring contract might’ve been helpful right now, right? Or am I missing something?

Rubio was going to become a free agent. We tried to trade him for Conley but Memphis refused.

We might disagree on what 'selling the farm' means. Because Allen, Crowder and a late pick are not much. I don't like giving up a pick in the 2022 draft though. But yeah, that wasn't a trade like the AD or Kawhi (or the Nets for KG) where you mortgage your future for the next decade for one o two players. We made a deal to win a chip in the next two years. If we fail, we reset. Also, people forget that we were not guaranteed to land a top free agent so trading for Conley was kind of insurance policy (plus it allowed to sign Bojan for a reasonable amount).

Jizzyfresh yet again, farting all over another thread. Sigh I can always tell by the pages and pages of ignored posts and the nonstop arguing who it is.

I also was out with family During the game. We went and Saw JoJo Rabbit.

why didn’t dante play more? I understand wanting to ease him into play. But 3 minutes? And it wasn’t like Conley and Mudiay we’re burning the nets.

I feel that as long as Exum is healthy, might as well give him some burn. We all know he’s a jammed finger away from another torn ACL. Might as well take advantage of the time we have now before he goes down with his typical season ender in the next month or two.
I think they don't play him because he's still not good at basketball and would make them more likely to lose games they would rather win.

bogie is the star of the team and Mitchell is having a hard time understanding that so he is trying to out do him. That explains bogie having 30 points with 2 minutes in the 3rd and not getting another attempt after that or not getting the ball last game

Rubio was going to become a free agent. We tried to trade him for Conley but Memphis refused.

We might disagree on what 'selling the farm' means. Because Allen, Crowder and a late pick are not much. I don't like giving up a pick in the 2022 draft though.
The Jazz basically can't trade a 1st until the pick is conveyed. The thing that makes being critical of the trade not clear-cut is that I doubt Bogdanovic comes without that trade happening. Otherwise, that trade is looking like straight-up dog-**** at the moment because the Jazz are basically stuck and if Conley just hit a wall with his age then we're stuck AND ****ed.

That being said, I think the jury is still out.

I think they don't play him because he's still not good at basketball and would make them more likely to lose games they would rather win.

I don’t disagree. He does suck at this game.

But at least his speed might’ve done something. Especially since it didn’t look like Mudiay or Conley were doing anything.

bogie is the star of the team and Mitchell is having a hard time understanding that so he is trying to out do him. That explains bogie having 30 points with 2 minutes in the 3rd and not getting another attempt after that or not getting the ball last game
Pump the brakes.

I don’t disagree. He does suck at this game.

But at least his speed might’ve done something. Especially since it didn’t look like Mudiay or Conley were doing anything.
Maybe. I tend to think Quin knows more about basketball than some of the people in our front office that fall in love with potential and can't ****ing let go.

1. Who compared Conley to Mack? It wasn’t me. So direct your ire elsewhere.
2. Yes, asking questions is one of my major points. We absolutely should be reflecting on the Conley trade. We should also be looking to move on from exum. The second point being:
3. My point in bringing up the Kings and Pacers games is that head to head matchups don’t tell you much of anything. All teams, good or bad, can lose to anyone in the league. So bringing up one game against the Bucks, just isn’t useful imo. The best indicator of where we’re at is in the standings. Right now we are a mid level playoff team. Which, honestly, feels about right.

Unless things drastically change with Conley, we’ll finish in that 4-6 range... again.
1. I wasn't pointing at you. I said "someone". I think it was Soujazzfan. Tonight I've read so many dumb comments.
2. That's fine. It's that your main point got lost with so many questions.
3. That's fair and more clear. However, I disagree that the standings are the best indicator. I think taking into account strength of schedule is important. We might finish between 3-6, just like last season, but I feel we are more dangerous come playoff time, which is what matters after all. The Lakers might feel good about themselves, but they haven't been tested yet.

I feel we have a higher ceiling, even with all the struggles.

Last edited:
Maybe. I tend to think Quin knows more about basketball than some of the people in our front office that fall in love with potential and can't ****ing let go.
Dante is not playing for a reason . He still offers little on the offensive side of the ball and can't do a whole lot without the ball in his hands. He gets too far ahead of himself often and is prone to mistakes.

The Jazz basically can't trade a 1st until the pick is conveyed. The thing that makes being critical of the trade not clear-cut is that I doubt Bogdanovic comes without that trade happening. Otherwise, that trade is looking like straight-up dog-**** at the moment because the Jazz are basically stuck and if Conley just hit a wall with his age then we're stuck AND ****ed.

That being said, I think the jury is still out.

For what it's been reported, Bojan doesn't happen without Conley.

I don't think we are stuck and ****ed. It's a two year window after all. If we don't win a championship this season, we add players via trade or exceptions next season, in particular upgrades at the back up 4 and 1 spots. We have all the major pieces in place. We might even pull a trade this season that put us over the top. But yeah, the jury should still be out, yet some posters have the 'audacity' of calling Conley washed so early in the season (and even compared him to Shelvin freakin Mack).

Dante is not playing for a reason . He still offers little on the offensive side of the ball and can't do a whole lot without the ball in his hands. He gets too far ahead of himself often and is prone to mistakes.

Tonight he had a terrible turnover while leading the fast-break. One of the worst I've seen in a while. He was looking backwards, scanning the floor for trailing teammates while going at full speed toward the basket. He crashed into a defender and lost the ball. He had no clue. It was painful to see.

Tonight he had a terrible turnover while leading the fast-break. One of the worst I've seen in a while. He was looking backwards, scanning the floor for trailing teammates while going at full speed toward the basket. He crashed into a defender and lost the ball. He had no clue. It was painful to see.
Yeah im not sure his coordination is all that impressive and that may be his downfall between his head scratching mistakes and his injuries.

I'm going to say the jury is still out on Conley. Brogdon is a tough matchup for him.
I’m sure I’m not the only one that foolishly has been trying to rearrange history so that the Jazz could somehow have gotten him. But ****. That would’ve been perfect.

Dante going full speed on a fast break and turning it over? You don’t say. When has he ever done that before? /s

Dante going full speed on a fast break and turning it over? You don’t say. When has he ever done that before? /s

I guess, you want to argue for the sake of arguing at this point, pages after pages :confused:. And you just said this:
Jizzyfresh yet again, farting all over another thread. Sigh I can always tell by the pages and pages of ignored posts and the nonstop arguing who it is.

Committing a turnover on a fb for Dante isn't anything new. But I can't recall someone running at full speed towards the basket with his head completely turned around scanning for teammates. Like at least you look at where you are going.

Yeah, it was a bad turnover by Dante. Should've been a score or a trip to the line minimum.

Still though, he did more positive things than bad in his 3 minutes. It was garbage time though.