What's new

Jazz @ Nets Nov. 5th 5:30 MT: Brandon Rush Might Play

Just got back from the game in Brooklyn. A few obvious observations to add:

* The Jazz have no spacing on offense. None. Favors has nowhere to go in the paint or on the baseline. The only credible shooter is Hayward, and he's the one handling the ball trying to entry-pass it to the post.

* Kanter has confidence beyond his years. He's a PF/C, not a C. He'll thrive with his mid-range game once he gains a bit more confidence.

* The Jazz are absolutely tanking the season. No doubt about it. Right now, we only have 4 players of any consequence, and I'm being a bit kind to Favors due to the situation he's in. Gobert is a work in progress.

* Hayward isn't a max player, but he's actually just a step or two below that. His handling and decision making are getting cleaner. His ability to score in multiple situations is improving. He's becoming a Joe Johnson-caliber shooter. He's a really nice secondary player to have.

* Rudy Gobert could be flat out awesome with some strength training and tempering. It's not just size and length with him. He has quite good feel and fast-twitch athleticism.

* Alec Burks has some talent and does some interesting things, but it doesn't often translate to helping the team win.

* The future of the Jazz looks to be the person we draft next summer + Kanter + Hayward + Gobert. I could see Favors getting traded depending on circumstances. His contract is a great asset, but both he and Kanter are really PFs, as Brook Lopez pointed out this evening.

Rudy Gobert with a game-high 11 rebounds in just 18 minutes. He wasn't backing down. He was even taunting the crowd a bit.

Just got back from the game in Brooklyn. A few obvious observations to add:

* The Jazz have no spacing on offense. None. Favors has nowhere to go in the paint or on the baseline. The only credible shooter is Hayward, and he's the one handling the ball trying to entry-pass it to the post.

* Kanter has confidence beyond his years. He's a PF/C, not a C. He'll thrive with his mid-range game once he gains a bit more confidence.

* The Jazz are absolutely tanking the season. No doubt about it. Right now, we only have 4 players of any consequence, and I'm being a bit kind to Favors due to the situation he's in. Gobert is a work in progress.

* Hayward isn't a max player, but he's actually just a step or two below that. His handling and decision making are getting cleaner. His ability to score in multiple situations is improving. He's becoming a Joe Johnson-caliber shooter. He's a really nice secondary player to have.

* Rudy Gobert could be flat out awesome with some strength training and tempering. It's not just size and length with him. He has quite good feel and fast-twitch athleticism.

* Alec Burks has some talent and does some interesting things, but it doesn't often translate to helping the team win.

* The future of the Jazz looks to be the person we draft next summer + Kanter + Hayward + Gobert. I could see Favors getting traded depending on circumstances. His contract is a great asset, but both he and Kanter are really PFs, as Brook Lopez pointed out this evening.

There aren't many centers in the league as big as Lopez. I think kanter and favors will be alright. They are both going to have bad games this year, and favoe bad night was tonight. He has been pretty good in the other games this year.

"Jazz Losing Streak Continues"

"Can It Get Any Worse?"

"The Answer Is: Yes"

No it can't get any worse. You cannot lose more than all of your games. They don't give you double losses for bigger blowouts or anything.

great game, even without dragic we still look great and the ball movement is awesome.. oh wait

ok on the topic, why favors played just 24mins?

Rush is a LONG ways away, if at all. I wonder if he has the internal motivation to get back near where he was. At this point, I don't see him helping this team this year. He'll probably very slowly work his way back while helping our tank.

Rush is a LONG ways away, if at all. I wonder if he has the internal motivation to get back near where he was. At this point, I don't see him helping this team this year. He'll probably very slowly work his way back while helping our tank.

He's coming off of major knee surgery and tonight was his first game back. Give the dude a bit of a break.

He is in a contract year, so he does have a lot of reasons to be motivated to get back into shape sooner.

i see

well, this is what happens after 3 years of dog house

I agree; we all knew that Favors would have nights that he would completely disappear. If he can just consistently put up 15 and 10 with great defense, he's a steal for his contract.

In case anyone was curious, Brook Lopez looks bigger than everyone because he is bigger than everyone. One of the largest specimens in the NBA, maybe THE biggest.

In case anyone was curious, Brook Lopez looks bigger than everyone because he is bigger than everyone. One of the largest specimens in the NBA, maybe THE biggest.

That dude is HUGE. Only Marc gasol comes close to his size. Our big guys will have a tough time with him, but most other guys will be more manageable.

Wow that game was ugly. Only Hayward and Kanter played worth a damn, and Rush looked beyond horrid. Like they just grabbed some random Y league guy and threw him on the court.

At least the first three games the Jazz were competitive. This game was just sad. Oh well, at least there is one tomorrow.

Strange how the league makes teams sacrifice many things to get a hold of some success.

Nets remain the worst start in the NBA history with 0-18 in '09-'10 season. Now look at'em. They stashed the players up. And can win even if they play below average.

Now, are the Jazz at risk of breaking that record? I highly doubt it. This game was the worst score-wise so far, and if the players can be able to stay hungry, keep the morale high, they'll start to steal a few games.

I enjoy watching Gobert play. No wonder he caught people's attention in Jazz workouts. The kid looks like he's trying very hard. He fouls too much, but also gets no respect from the refs yet.

Kanter was playing hard I thought, but really is going to need a lot more experience guarding team's best centers. He's going to look really bad at times on defense, and did tonight.
Still he is making progress on offense in bits.