What's new

Jazz @ Nets Nov. 5th 5:30 MT: Brandon Rush Might Play

I guess they discovered that Kanter can't gaurd Lopez. Just like last week they discovered Hayward couldn't stop Bledsoe, and they discovered that Tinsley was available for a reason, and they Discovered why Lucas had been out of the NBA for 3 years, and they discovered that 3pt shooting is important in the league, and they discovered that one time out was not enough to stop Houstons momentum in a 18-2 run.....

Boy! Sure does sound like we're discovering a lot of things! This is good!!

I remember during the game lopez would sag into the paint when kanter got the ball at the 3 point line.
Kanter was wide open quite few times for an easy 3 pointer but never attempted the shot. I hope at some point this year corbin tells him to shoot that.

Would have been better than anything else we were doing on offense last night

Ty gets an F- for last night, for one major reason, not the loss or poor showing. The TV guys said that they Jazz made the decision to put Kanter on Lopez early on the keep Favors out of foul trouble. :confused:

Dumb. Really dumb:

1. The Jazz just signed Favors to a long term contract on the basis that he is their stud in defense. So then you protect him on defense? WT*?

2. Its the year of discovery, lets see what he can do rather than determine ahead of time that he will get in foul trouble.

3. It is also the year and time of discovery for Favors, for him to learn how to defend guys like Lopez.

4. And then he only plays 24 minutes. And Lopez dominated.

Great work Ty.

This post comes across as snively.

#facebook

I guess they discovered that Kanter can't gaurd Lopez. Just like last week they discovered Hayward couldn't stop Bledsoe, and they discovered that Tinsley was available for a reason, and they Discovered why Lucas had been out of the NBA for 3 years, and they discovered that 3pt shooting is important in the league, and they discovered that one time out was not enough to stop Houstons momentum in a 18-2 run.....

Well, lets hope they discovered those things. Looking on the Machiavellian side, mebbe Lucas and Tinsley are here for precisely those reasons? Tank on.

As bad as it was to not have Favors on Lopez, it was good to get Kanter experience there. You said that Kanter "can't guard Lopez". I would put it that Kanter "could not guard Lopez last night", but maybe he can improve from this experience. His quotes in the paper show that he knows he sucked at it.

I remember during the game lopez would sag into the paint when kanter got the ball at the 3 point line.
Kanter was wide open quite few times for an easy 3 pointer but never attempted the shot. I hope at some point this year corbin tells him to shoot that.

I suspect it is just the opposite, he has been yelled at to NOT shoot the 3.

Where are all the people that said the Jazz would surprise everyone and be fighting for a playoff spot.

Tianasquare.jpg

At least step in a couple dribbles and nail the jumper. That ESPN Not Top 10 wasn't the first or last example of Kanter failing to extend his range 5 feet.

No doubt he'll eventually extend further. I think right now he's concentrating too hard on making the pass within the offense when they're covering everything and daring him to shoot. Corbin needs to tell him to shoot those shots.

At least step in a couple dribbles and nail the jumper. That ESPN Not Top 10 wasn't the first or last example of Kanter failing to extend his range 5 feet.

No doubt he'll eventually extend further. I think right now he's concentrating too hard on making the pass within the offense when they're covering everything and daring him to shoot. Corbin needs to tell him to shoot those shots.

Agreed

Winner. Shut down the thread!

Agree mostly. Did not really seem like Favors came out to play last night though. I guess Kanter must be expendable then with Ty. Favors should be guarding most centers in the league. I just hope Favors does not start to get a little lazy with his new contract.

Not having seen any games, I find this confusing. Did Favors become the better post defender over the summer, and/or Kanter the better weak-side defender? Because normally I'd want Kanter on the guy in the post, and Favors coming in from the weak side.

I'll upload a few photos from the game, as a bit of forensic evidence that I was there. I need to flip the images.

Alec Burks going 1 for 3 after being fouled on a 3-pt attempt.
Slide2.jpg

The Jazz tripping around on offense...
Slide1.jpg

Attachments

• photo(68).jpg
    photo(68).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6
  • photo(69).jpg
    photo(69).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
  • photo(70).jpg
    photo(70).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
As bad as it was to not have Favors on Lopez, it was good to get Kanter experience there.
On a couple switches AND after Kanter went to the bench, Favors id guard Lopez. He offered even less resistance than Kanter IMO.

On one play, Lopez rolled to the rim over Gobert. Lopez played really big and, as Numberica pointed out, he is a big dude.

On a couple switches AND after Kanter went to the bench, Favors id guard Lopez. He offered even less resistance than Kanter IMO.

True, but that is not really the point. Coach Ty decided to protect his team-acknowledged leader-of-the-defense by having him not play defense against Lopez to keep him out of foul trouble.

True, but that is not really the point. Coach Ty decided to protect his team-acknowledged leader-of-the-defense by having him not play defense against Lopez to keep him out of foul trouble.
It also pulled him away from the rim, neutralizing him completely. Did anyone even notice him on the court last night?