What's new

Jazz - Nuggets: Round 1

That game I just watched was amazing!
Blazers have to beat them again tomorrow though right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Blazers Grizzlies was fun. But I am glad Portland has it done and can rest one day more before facing Lakers. Rooting for them to make a surprise!
Ive seen a few Blazers games in the bubble, and while I know the Lakers have been bad, I’d be surprised if the Blazers could really push them.

I really ****ing hope that Brantley sees minutes instead of Ning.

In this particular series I'd play Niang off the bench in the first half of games and then go with Brantley if we go to the bench in the second half.

One of the Jazz strengths in this series is we shoot more threes than Denver and we shoot them at a higher percentage. So Niang can be useful in exploiting that advantage.

I don't want Niang on the floor in the second half though. The Nuggets tend to crash the offensive glass harder as a game goes on and Niang doesn't box out or rebound for s***.

I think I'm leaning toward the Jazz winning this series tbh.

Our best lineups are stronger than theirs.

The Jazz are +8 in Jazz-Nuggets games this year in the minutes when Gobert and Jokic are both on the floor. Jokic kills our bench but our starters have won out.

We shoot the three at higher volume and at higher percentage. And we've had no problem at all getting those looks against them this year.

Bench minutes are going to be heavily cut. So bench shouldn't kill us as much as usual.

Conley has been great against the Nuggets this year.

Gobert and Jokic are both going to be great. I trust Mitchell/Conley/Clarkson/Ingles far more than Murray/Harris/Millsap/MPJ in PLAYOFF basketball.

My only real concern is that if it becomes a war of attrition the Nuggets have the advantage. We can't afford injuries, consistent foul trouble. And hopefully Conley doesn't have to leave until the series is over.

No matter who wins I expect this series to go 6 or 7 games tho. It's gonna be exciting.

I like the Jazz to win this series because if Denver is starting Murray, Jokic and MPJ, that's three non-defenders on the floor that the Jazz can attack relentlessly. Plus Paul Millsap isn't the defender he used to be. The Jazz will get open looks all series. They have to rebound and defend.

This reminds me of the OKC series two years ago that the Jazz won in 6 games.

Miye Oni and Jarrell Brantley may have a role to play defending and rebounding against guys like Jerami Grant and Paul Millsap.

I feel pretty good about this matchup. Its a great acid test... its a winnable series.

If Rudy outplays Jokic and DM outplays Murray I think we win. Those are both things that can happen and if those guys are championship material then it should happen. I think you could fairly judge us as a second round and out ceiling if those things don't happen.

Everyone talks about MP Jr like he's ****ing KD already. He's god awful on defense and Quin gonna put a magnifying glass on his ***.

Quin should be able to coach circles around Malone if what the league says about both guys is true. Malone is said to be an okay tactician and more of a great motivator. Quin is supposedly a super genius coach... I think he's good but want to really see how he creates advantages for us here.

I'm a homer and think this is a coin toss... so we probably should be an underdog, but I think we are really close even without Bojan.

every chance MP Jr will be targeted so bad he'll be played off the court

I think I'm leaning toward the Jazz winning this series tbh.

Our best lineups are stronger than theirs.

The Jazz are +8 in Jazz-Nuggets games this year in the minutes when Gobert and Jokic are both on the floor. Jokic kills our bench but our starters have won out.

We shoot the three at higher volume and at higher percentage. And we've had no problem at all getting those looks against them this year.

Bench minutes are going to be heavily cut. So bench shouldn't kill us as much as usual.

Conley has been great against the Nuggets this year.

Gobert and Jokic are both going to be great. I trust Mitchell/Conley/Clarkson/Ingles far more than Murray/Harris/Millsap/MPJ in PLAYOFF basketball.

My only real concern is that if it becomes a war of attrition the Nuggets have the advantage. We can't afford injuries, consistent foul trouble. And hopefully Conley doesn't have to leave until the series is over.

No matter who wins I expect this series to go 6 or 7 games tho. It's gonna be exciting.
I fully expect the Nuggs to make this the kind of physical brawl you’re worried about. They’d be crazy not to. They are a lot bigger and more athletic pretty much across the board.

Jazz need to hit their shots.

Jazz need to handle a lot of foul pressure

Jazz need to dig deeper and put up a much better effort on the glass and preventing penetration and cuts.

I have a reasonable amount of faith in the jazz on the first two points. I have almost no faith on the last point, so the question I’m obviously asking myself is if that leaves me with any hope. If there were a gun to my head, I’d say Nuggs in 6..... But I expect them to split the first two games so I guess a lot rides on what wrinkles and counters Q adds in order to put the Nuggs on their heels. If they get a little desperate, then I like our chances a lot more.

I think the Jazz are going to get smoked. They have not played consistently well since, actually since Conley returned from his injury, and without Bogey our already thin bench is almost non-existent. We have too many weaknesses, especially guarding the perimeter and rebounding even when Rudy is in the game because we don't have legit 4 to help him.

every chance MP Jr will be targeted so bad he'll be played off the court
Could very well happen. If Snyder doesn’t give him the Carmelo treatment I’d be shocked. ****** thing is they are deep as hell so it means Grant, Milsap or Barton can step in.

I was more responding to the people that think Porter is a huge advantage in the series. There is a chance he gets like 10-15 minutes a game because of being targeted.

Could very well happen. If Snyder doesn’t give him the Carmelo treatment I’d be shocked. ****** thing is they are deep as hell so it means Grant, Milsap or Barton can step in.

I was more responding to the people that think Porter is a huge advantage in the series. There is a chance he gets like 10-15 minutes a game because of being targeted.

Why is he so bad at defense? He seems like he would be a good defender looking at his size and athleticism.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Denver is down TWO starters in Gary Harris and Will Barton - yeah I feel confident about Jazz in 7 if we hit our 3s

And Denver simply has no answer for JORDAN CLARKSON