What's new

Jazz - Nuggets: Round 1

Wow that schedule is crazy. I'm on Central Time

Monday 12:30
Wednesday 3:00
Friday 2:00
Sunday 8:00

Wow, that's crazy. Honestly though, I'd rather have that than the usual "stick Utah playoff games as late as possible"
I will probably only get to watch one of those games. ****

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I feel pretty good about this matchup. Its a great acid test... its a winnable series.

If Rudy outplays Jokic and DM outplays Murray I think we win. Those are both things that can happen and if those guys are championship material then it should happen. I think you could fairly judge us as a second round and out ceiling if those things don't happen.

Everyone talks about MP Jr like he's ****ing KD already. He's god awful on defense and Quin gonna put a magnifying glass on his ***.

Quin should be able to coach circles around Malone if what the league says about both guys is true. Malone is said to be an okay tactician and more of a great motivator. Quin is supposedly a super genius coach... I think he's good but want to really see how he creates advantages for us here.

I'm a homer and think this is a coin toss... so we probably should be an underdog, but I think we are really close even without Bojan.

Wow that schedule is crazy. I'm on Central Time

Monday 12:30
Wednesday 3:00
Friday 2:00
Sunday 8:00

Wow, that's crazy. Honestly though, I'd rather have that than the usual "stick Utah playoff games as late as possible"
Lol
Central European summer time:
7:30 p.m
22:00 p.m
22:00 p.m
03:00 a.m (damn, the only one too late)
@Hekate , @Jazzmix
We are pretty satisfied with this schedule, aren't we?

Jazz should have an advantage with the starters. This is how this matchup has played out and how it should have based on how the teams generally perform. We're just really thin and depth is a major issue. The starters have to win their minutes in a big way, and Quin will probably have to play them major minutes.

Jazz should have an advantage with the starters. This is how this matchup has played out and how it should have based on how the teams generally perform. We're just really thin and depth is a major issue. The starters have to win their minutes in a big way, and Quin will probably have to play them major minutes.
If Rudy outplays Jokic and DM outplays Murray we should win as long as the role players aren’t god awful. It’s a pretty big ask for Rudy to outplay Jokic but he’s capable of it.

Their bench is so much better than ours, it is frightening. DM and Rudy are going to have to be ironmen, and if we somehow win, I think they will be worn out by the second round.

I'm okay on Gobert and Mitchell individual performances outmatching Jokic and Murray. I'm not so confident on how we prevent they find themselves open in our midrange, how we prevent cutters, what we can do outside of Gobert to prevent Jokic to force his body all the way down to a money post, but i don't see it as something imposible for Quin and the guys to adjust.

At least our guys should be confident that they can beat them. Denver is very good but not unstoppable. I think the Jazz shot so bad last year against Houston because they were scared of Harden and company.

Jazz just need to not have any big dry spells. In two of the loses the Jazz were winning big and then Denver turned up the pressure and we wilted. Jazz have to prove they can beat them and not just hang close. Our bench is the key, they have to minimize the damage when they play. Besides Clarkson someone else needs to step up, if the bench plays badly the Jazz will be going home. I like this match up. It is the best route for the Jazz to make it to the second round. The game times suck and prove that when the NBA schedules games really late in normal circumstances it is all about the money. I am excited about the playoffs starting.