What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

I thought of something that would make me mildly okay with that rat bastard Ainge in the front office. Under the conditions that he's simply an advisor, and not even close to a top advisor.

One of the real failures of the DL era was to settle for deals that were either overpays or didn't get enough value in return. Overpaying Favors, Exum, and *insert player here*, the boatload of assets given for Conley when it's pretty clear only the Jazz were the only ones negotiating for him, handing out picks like candy, etc. Danny Ainge would *never* do that. He never makes a trade unless he's the clear winner, whereas DL was happy to be "good enough." There is no way Ainge would've settled for any of that.

I'm worried Zanik won't be aggressive, just like DL. I'm not saying I want the Ainge approach of only ever making moves where he's the clear winner. It's the main reason I don't want him - everyone in the league hates him. But this front office needs a spine. The only time I can think of that DL hardballed someone was the first Hayward contract - since it blew up in his face, maybe that's why he was gunshy for the rest of his tenure. If Ainge can be the voice of the room that says "man up and ask for more or walk away," even a couple times, that would be incredibly valuable.

Otherwise, **** him.

I thought of something that would make me mildly okay with that rat bastard Ainge in the front office. Under the conditions that he's simply an advisor, and not even close to a top advisor.

One of the real failures of the DL era was to settle for deals that were either overpays or didn't get enough value in return. Overpaying Favors, Exum, and *insert player here*, the boatload of assets given for Conley when it's pretty clear only the Jazz were the only ones negotiating for him, handing out picks like candy, etc. Danny Ainge would *never* do that. He never makes a trade unless he's the clear winner, whereas DL was happy to be "good enough." There is no way Ainge would've settled for any of that.

I'm worried Zanik won't be aggressive, just like DL. I'm not saying I want the Ainge approach of only ever making moves where he's the clear winner. It's the main reason I don't want him - everyone in the league hates him. But this front office needs a spine. The only time I can think of that DL hardballed someone was the first Hayward contract - since it blew up in his face, maybe that's why he was gunshy for the rest of his tenure. If Ainge can be the voice of the room that says "man up and ask for more or walk away," even a couple times, that would be incredibly valuable.

Otherwise, **** him.
If Ainge comes, I expect him to be making most of the decisions.

John Collins - if for some reason Atlanta won't give him max, I would trade Bojan, Clarkson and whatever else to get him signed and traded here.

He fits well next to Capella so I would imagine he would fit well next to Rudy. He helps now and a foundational piece with Don long term.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

John Collins - if for some reason Atlanta won't give him max, I would trade Bojan, Clarkson and whatever else to get him signed and traded here.

He fits well next to Capella so I would imagine he would fit well next to Rudy. He helps now and a foundational piece with Don long term.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

This!!!! I want Collins on the jazz man! If there is a solitary move for the off-season this would be my pipe dream. He is looking for a max contract though so I think we would be close with favors and bogeys salary. Would need to toss in a lot of assets for the hawks to deal unless they’ve no intentions on bringing him back for that cost.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

This!!!! I want Collins on the jazz man! If there is a solitary move for the off-season this would be my pipe dream. He is looking for a max contract though so I think we would be close with favors and bogeys salary. Would need to toss in a lot of assets for the hawks to deal unless they’ve no intentions on bringing him back for that cost.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
If they refuse to give him the max, we have a shot. He would just have to want to play with his buddy Don in Utah. And Atlanta would have to want some combination of Bojan, Conley, Clarkson, Favors and picks. It's highly unlikely, but not impossible.

Bogdanovic's Croatia got embarassed by Brazil in the Olympics qualifiers.

Brazil was led by former NBA Forward Bruno Caboclo (the Brazilian Kevin Durant, lol).
Maybe we should bring Caboclo on a minimun deal for next year. He's 6,9', 25 years old and is averaging 11/5/1 in 22min while shoting 47/44/65 in French league where he is playing since he's been waived by the Rockets. Funny enough the Rockets cut him to free up a roster spot for the players they got from Harden deal (DedEx).

If they refuse to give him the max, we have a shot. He would just have to want to play with his buddy Don in Utah. And Atlanta would have to want some combination of Bojan, Conley, Clarkson, Favors and picks. It's highly unlikely, but not impossible.
We have picks?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If Forrest can actually learn to shoot (extremely unlikely) then I think he can actually be a starter level player. Small sample size, but he was elite in the PNR this year despite a high turnover percentage. Quin seemed to like him despite not usually liking rookies. He would have played a lot more than he did, but his shooting was simply too much to overcome when teams realized he wasnt a threat to make them even when left wide open.

When he used a possession in the PNR he averaged 1.12 points per possession and was in the 93rd percentile of PNR ball-handlers. That was pretty far and away the best on the team.

Teach Forrest to shoot and you have a player.

If Forrest can actually learn to shoot (extremely unlikely) then I think he can actually be a starter level player. Small sample size, but he was elite in the PNR this year despite a high turnover percentage. Quin seemed to like him despite not usually liking rookies. He would have played a lot more than he did, but his shooting was simply too much to overcome when teams realized he wasnt a threat to make them even when left wide open.

When he used a possession in the PNR he averaged 1.12 points per possession and was in the 93rd percentile of PNR ball-handlers. That was pretty far and away the best on the team.

Agreed. Other than his horrible shooting he seems to be elite in just about every other way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree. I hope he can put it together because we need players Quin can trust deep off the bench.

If the jazz can trade JC for a defensive stalwart, then they should move the majority of Bogie’s minutes to be versus bench units. Let him take the dominant scoring role in those situations.

I agree. I hope he can put it together because we need players Quin can trust deep off the bench.
Karl Malone made himself into a really good free throw shooter from an awful one over the summer so it can happen that Forrest gets a shot.