What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

The first two sentences of that article is complete trash.

This is flat out not true and there has not been one single report of this. Terrible reporting and terrible writing. His source is probably @oneye.
There’s been several people mention it at this point, going back to last summer y’all just don’t want to hear it. Some of it is speculation. Some of it is the CAA Knicks connection thing. If the Jazz want him to reconsider they’re gonna need to do a few things:

-Keep Wade heavily involved
-diversify the front office
-have him qualify for a super max by 23/24 season
-win
-hire people Donovan trusts(as well as a couple CAA connection folks which has been rumored at this point anyway for FO jobs)
-the fanbase is going to have to be vocally supportive of him as a man, and what he stands for, and no more garbage fan incidents.

So this year we could have had Rivers, Portis, and Craig, and maybe Batum, all on the cheap. Imagine them instead of Oni, Favors, and Niang. We move forward easily.

Realistically we are a minor retool from fixing our problems. We need 2 guys like listed above, and we are a very different team, just replacing the the end of bench guys for some real depth.

DL really screwed the pooch.

I think our best bet will likely be moving bojan for a long 3&D wing. His seems the most movable contact and the best talent we could give up to get what we need

To me it goes Don-Rudy-JC-Bogie-Royce or Joe. Again, just who is under contract.

I think Bogie is way too hot or cold to be the spark off the bench. Plus he can't create. But I think it's just personal preference. JC would have higher trade value tho.
I agree with your rankings. I do suspect Bogey could be a spark off the bench, but Clarkson is just better.

My dad always blamed Monson for us losing one of the finals series. He wrote a piece saying it was over (that we’d win), which pissed off Jordan.

I blamed my wife (and still do) for the 98 Finals loss. I had asked her to let me watch alone and in peace and towards the last few minutes of the 4th, we were ahead and she came out and stayed in the room with me.

We never scored again from that point on in the game and then Jordan had his push off shot to win.

Blasphemy on so many levels.

There’s been several people mention it at this point, going back to last summer y’all just don’t want to hear it. Some of it is speculation. Some of it is the CAA Knicks connection thing. If the Jazz want him to reconsider they’re gonna need to do a few things:

-Keep Wade heavily involved
-diversify the front office
-have him qualify for a super max by 23/24 season
-win
-hire people Donovan trusts(as well as a couple CAA connection folks which has been rumored at this point anyway for FO jobs)
-the fanbase is going to have to be vocally supportive of him as a man, and what he stands for, and no more garbage fan incidents.
If you think he's the face of the franchise and can lead the Jazz to a championship, then he is worth all that, and more.

I'm not sure why people want to move bogey or JC more than Ingles. Ingles was pretty much a shell of himself this entire season. We should be passing him up for an actual point guard

I agree with your rankings. I do suspect Bogey could be a spark off the bench, but Clarkson is just better.
Our view of Bogey is overly dented because of his post-surgery struggles this year.

And we also seem to be forgetting that JC had a big slump this year, too.

I think one of them has probably got to go..... My mind is open as to which one.

JC definitely movable.
Yeah but I think he's more valuable than bojan. He was the only one we had who could in some way generate his own offense other than Mitchell. And there are many teams who would benefit from a stretch 4 with bojans offense even with his defensive limitations.

Our view of Bogey is overly dented because of his post-surgery struggles this year.

And we also seem to be forgetting that JC had a big slump this year, too.

I think one of them has probably got to go..... My mind is open as to which one.
For my it is 60/40 for bojan if one of them is to be moved.

For my it is 60/40 for bojan if one of them is to be moved.

I would rather keep clarkson. He fits dons timeline better and we really rely on his ability to create off the bench. Also bogey commands a larger contract and both will be about equivalent as far as interest from other teams goes.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I think our best bet will likely be moving bojan for a long 3&D wing. His seems the most movable contact and the best talent we could give up to get what we need
Joe is move-able, he’s an expiring contract next season, he’s also still a decent player. Teams looking for expiring contracts, or another role player would be interested in Joe and his contract.

If you think he's the face of the franchise and can lead the Jazz to a championship, then he is worth all that, and more.
Smith is going to give Donovan basically anything he wants, and do his best to baby him. In that same podcast Windhorst basically said that. He said the Jazz are trying to find that balance of not over-babying him to an extent they alienate him from his teammates, and giving him what he wants. The shakeups and changes will all obviously have him in mind. We’ll see if you can change his mind in the next couple years because these rumors aren’t around for nothing. Donovan can be the best player on a championship team, I do believe that 100%.