What's new

Jazz @ Pelicans 1/16/20 6 PM MT Going For 11 Straight Wins Game Thread

Royce got cooked by Ingram the entire night, at some point we should have tried someone else on him.

Royce got cooked by Kyrie too. He's put in a lot of tough situations though. He has to guard the shifty 6'2 guys and now Ingram who is like 6 inches taller and way longer than him.

Ingram deserved to shoot free throws 10 days ago, which I believe he would have missed one. Rudy got fouled on the tip attempt and then the 6th foul call on the other end was just horrible. That it survived replay is a travesty. That was an incredible challenge by Rudy. Donovan did way too much one on one stuff in this game. In order for everyone to be engaged they need to touch the ball occasionally. Also, he would have been less tired. He made numerous garbage plays including the stupid defensive foul on the and one. Also, Utah probably deserved to get beat by Favors. Can't wanna think what the Jazz would do for a significant stretch without Rudy.

I feel like we win this if this was the Zion return game. A lot less shots for Slim Reaper.
True.

We also win the game if the refs sent Donovan to the line for whatever Ingram got to the line for. With a couple minutes left in regulation, Donovan was 7-7 and Ingram 9-9. Donovan, although he ran the offense and shot almost all possessions in reg and OT, never shot another one. Ingram shot 11.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

They were definitely more motivated to win this one since the Jazz escaped with an uncalled foul last time. They're pretty good, gotta give credit where credit is due.

He did but too late. Made Rudy close on Ingram on the pick n roll. That resulted in 3 baskets for Favors under the rim (with Ingles rotating over). Ingram just dissected our defense all game.
I admit I was pretty frustrated but I've cooled. I just think you give Ingles a shot at some point. Would he have still gotten burnt? Most likely but Ingles does have a knack of getting people a little off their game. O'neal has been solid so I'm not calling for the guy to lose minutes or anything but he got flat out abused tonight.

At the end of the day though we had our chances and even got a second chance on a pretty ticky tac foul and just didn't get it done.

I admit I was pretty frustrated but I've cooled. I just think you give Ingles a shot at some point. Would he have still gotten burnt? Most likely but Ingles does have a knack of getting people a little off their game. O'neal has been solid so I'm not calling for the guy to lose minutes or anything but he got flat out abused tonight.

At the end of the day though we had our chances and even got a second chance on a pretty ticky tac foul and just didn't get it done.

Yeah, probably change defenders to give him different looks. But Ingram was unstoppable tonight. Went Durant on us. When his jumper is on, he can shoot over everyone.

The Stars played three players tonight in Pryor, Bluiett and Collinsworth that might have matched up better with Ingram than what we put out there.

Yeah, probably change defenders to give him different looks. But Ingram was unstoppable tonight. Went Durant on us. When his jumper is on, he can shoot over everyone.
Yeah props to him for sure. To be honest, his passing is what really came through at the end and won them the game. I think he outplayed DM at the end tonight and deserved the win. Awesome game really all the way around.

Time for another won streak!! Hope conley comes back soon

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app
Conley would have probably cost us this game much earlier. Because he would have taken minutes away from players we needed for defense.

No what we need is a legitimate backup to Rudy. That would have made a difference.

Conley would have probably cost us this game much earlier. Because he would have taken minutes away from players we needed for defense.

No what we need is a legitimate backup to Rudy. That would have made a difference.
Completely agree with you on the back up center part. But Disagree with the Conley part. Mudiay was complete garbage tonight. Having Conley playing the minutes Mudiay played could have made a big difference IMO.

The tip foul was BS... Rudy’s foul was BS... all around those refs were *** pretty much all night.

man we had a couple chances to step on the throat and didn’t... I have no clue what Quin is thinking sometimes... at 10 minutes he calls timeout... rather than getting Rudy in he rolls with TB for one more minute... predictably NO takes advantage... he can’t play that one extra minute?

I hope we all see how useless TB will be in the playoffs.

Say the same things I’ve been saying for a while that the win streak has tended to blind some people to:

1. We need Conley back. We needed him back 5 games ago.

2. Bradley, Niang and Mudiay are weak links, regardless of good play.