Jazz play with no passion or heart because of JSloan

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Archie Moses, May 27, 2010.

1. Chad Feldheimer

Chad Feldheimer Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Well if Sloan is somehow a problem enough to make the Jazz play with no heart why is regarded so highly from most of the NBA? Tell me one person with solid NBA credentials who has said Sloan is the reason the Jazz have lost.

2. Jazzfannut83

Jazzfannut83 Member Contributor

May 25, 2010

Reread my post...I was agreeing with you.

3. Chad Feldheimer

Chad Feldheimer Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I wasn't disagreeing with anything just adding to.

4. Jazzfannut83

Jazzfannut83 Member Contributor

May 25, 2010
    Oh ok. Yeah, I wrote the guy an email and basically told him there are several other things the Jazz need to do to better themselves, and firing the head coach wouldn't magically transform them or make them more talented. He clearly disregarded everything I wrote and tried to argue so, he's just trying to annoy people or is about 14 years old.

5. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

May 26, 2010
    The heart of a team is sadly like collective IQ. Not the simple average, but below the average.

6. sirkickyass

sirkickyass Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Honest question: What amount of Sloan's ability to get discipline out of his players results from the actual coaching abilities of Sloan and what amount of that result can be traced to the fact that everyone in the locker room knows that they can't get him fired?

I have a suspicion that his being the most bullet-proof coach in the league means more than a hard-nosed approach. It's the only thing that differentiates him from Doug Collins, Hubie Brown or any number of other coaches.

7. Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Does he command more discipline now than in 1989 when he didn't have the advantage of not being fired? I highly doubt it. Old film of him coaching the Jazz really shows he would get after players, Malone and Stockton included.