What's new

Jazz reaction to the Sterling ban.

Beantown

Here is the reaction from Greg Miller:

“On behalf of the Miller family, we support the decisive action by Commissioner Silver and the NBA to reaffirm that there is no place for racism and hatred in our league,’’ Miller said. “The Jazz organization and all the teams in the NBA should act as national leaders in promoting inclusiveness and diversity. We have a responsibility in our communities to fight against discrimination and ignorance and showcase sports as an example of respect and tolerance. While this situation has been inexcusable, I hope it serves the greater purpose of reinforcing our vigilance against this type of behavior.”

Also this was posted on the website and through all social media avenues.

BmausyaCcAAyzjX.jpg

Go Jazz!!!

Very classy, Greg. Furthermore I think, Silver handled this extremely well. How unbelievable is it that this type of mentality still exists?

Thank you. I've been lurking about in the shadows for a while now and feel the time to throw my hat into this ring of rabid Jazz fans has come.

I don't know why people are surprised about this.

That entire generation was raised to be racist.

My own Grandma would say to my brother "You still dating that black girl."

Or she would say "I don't mind them being on TV, but I don't want to hang out with them."

My other Grandma would sing the "eenie meenie minie moe. Catch a ____ by his toe. Fifty dollars everyday.......etc etc"
In front of us as a kids. She had no idea it was bad.

Is it stupid?? YEP! is it horrible and racist? Yep
But I am not sure why people are surprised by a racist person in their 70's or 80's.
Racist black people and white people in America still.
Younger generations I would be surprised, but not these old people.

I'll bet most of us have said a thing or two in confidence that we'd not like broadcast to the world. I know I have.

And that's the type of thinking that breeds a safe haven for this mentality. It's 2014, time for people to evolve their beliefs.

Look, I think racism is dumb and stuff to, but it's not going away. One of my pet peeves when people say "It's *insert current year*". What the **** does that mean? Humans have been on the planet for a long *** time, why the **** do you think this is the year when people stop being assholes and dicks?

Look, I think racism is dumb and stuff to, but it's not going away. One of my pet peeves when people say "It's *insert current year*". What the **** does that mean? Humans have been on the planet for a long *** time, why the **** do you think this is the year when people stop being assholes and dicks?

Totally agree.

Not fully transformed in minds maybe, but our time has a unique state of being the most proper time to get to know the world around you, hence the thoughts, concepts, life styles, notions that make the world as it is. One would be a dumbass to think that any person in the world would do that and enjoy the plurality, hell, even the guilty old *** mother****er himself is as old as Adolph Hitler! But when someone says it's the year bla bla, I pretty much believe that they mean that there is no excuse not to banish this type of act/thought from the current world. As naive as it sounds, I think that's the main intention.

People are crazy acting like they are so shocked racism and discrimination still exist.

A lot of people are still blind to how they themselves are discriminating. Very sad.

Racism
Gender bashing
Homophobia
Disability discrimination.

All alive and well in this world. If you think there is a difference in ethicality based on who you discriminate, or what you allow, you are the problem.

You're right, why do today what we can put off til tomorrow? At some point this species has to say "enough is enough" otherwise we're destined to repeat the same process of "learn, build, destroy".

Last edited:
I'll bet most of us have said a thing or two in confidence that we'd not like broadcast to the world. I know I have.

Yea this is the hard part about it, I've never said anything like that but if all my private conversation were public my employer would view me much differently.

People are crazy acting like they are so shocked racism and discrimination still exist.

A lot of people are still blind to how they themselves are discriminating. Very sad.

Racism
Gender bashing
Homophobia
Disability discrimination.

All alive and well in this world. If you think there is a difference in ethicality based on who you discriminate, or what you allow, you are the problem.

None of the aforementioned topics even closely relate to the type of person I am. Instead of trying to justify the actions of an old bigot, let's focus on the issue at hand.

This is the kind of bad karma you get when you move a team from San Diego. I'll never forget him saying "I love San Diego and I'd never move the Clippers". Two weeks later the announcement came down that they were moving.

I'm willing to bet that Sterlings reaction is to lawyer up and sue everyone. The dude lives in court and it will be pretty interesting if it does go to the courts.(legal courts, not basketball courts you morons) It will be very interesting to see how a private conversation that was leaked to the media can result in a person having to give up personal property. I personally hope he goes away, but I doubt he will go peacefully.