What's new

Jazz reaction to the Sterling ban.

I'll bet most of us have said a thing or two in confidence that we'd not like broadcast to the world. I know I have.

Do you have a stake in an organization where those things you've said in confidence could potentially devalue the rest of the organization if they got out? No? Apples to oranges.

You're right, why do today what can put off til tomorrow? At some point this species has to say "enough is enough" otherwise we're destined to repeat the same process of "learn, build, destroy".

I never thought I'd ever meet a person that had it all figured out.

I'm at work so hadn't heard the details yet but if they did ban him for life I'm sure they have more on him then just this private conversation. Let us not forget his issues with the ex GM Elgin Baylor, he has had previous comments and run ins that for whatever reason never got as much attention as this, as well as I have also heard he had run ins back when he was part of low income "slum housing".

So if they have proof of all that they can use that history has a repetitive behavior pattern and hopefully make it stick. Also whoever said it, that this is bad business for the NBA and they can use that his actions are causing them to lose sponsors which = money. Cause as bad as this recording may have sounded, it is a private conversation and it isn't exactly against the law to be an old bigoted ahole.

I'm at work so hadn't heard the details yet but if they did ban him for life I'm sure they have more on him then just this private conversation. Let us not forget his issues with the ex GM Elgin Baylor, he has had previous comments and run ins that for whatever reason never got as much attention as this, as well as I have also heard he had run ins back when he was part of low income "slum housing".

So if they have proof of all that they can use that history has a repetitive behavior pattern and hopefully make it stick. Also whoever said it, that this is bad business for the NBA and they can use that his actions are causing them to lose sponsors which = money. Cause as bad as this recording may have sounded, it is a private conversation and it isn't exactly against the law to be an old bigoted ahole.

I'll bet he sues. That's the kind of guy he is. It will be interesting to see what happens when he plays his NAACP lifetime achievement card.

Here is the reaction from Greg Miller:

Also this was posted on the website and through all social media avenues.

BmausyaCcAAyzjX.jpg

Go Jazz!!!

We are (the number) one (pick in the 2014 nba draft)

Wow what an overreaction this whole thing has become. It is ******** that they are taking away the team from him. He is being way over punished.

Nope but I guess because I am not I should have no voice right?

The reaction is a fiscal one for the owners and the NBA, and rightfully so. If you can't understand that (and think "freedom of speech" has anything to do with this) then you truly shouldn't have a voice. It's likely a concept over your pay-grade.

Last edited:
And that's the type of thinking that breeds a safe haven for this mentality. It's 2014, time for people to evolve their beliefs.

This is an unbelievably short sided comment, and view, and completely the opposite of what you stated. Unless we realize that tin 2014 there is still a problem, then there will always be people like Sterling that think their ignorant views are ok, and never aspire to change. Cy was right on the money.

People are crazy acting like they are so shocked racism and discrimination still exist.

A lot of people are still blind to how they themselves are discriminating. Very sad.

Racism
Gender bashing
Homophobia
Disability discrimination.

All alive and well in this world. If you think there is a difference in ethicality based on who you discriminate, or what you allow, you are the problem.
Disability while horrible, and something I do not condone is not the same as the other things you listed. Think it's more of a immature and moral compass issues then it is hate
You're right, why do today what we can put off til tomorrow? At some point this species has to say "enough is enough" otherwise we're destined to repeat the same process of "learn, build, destroy".
You just can't change people's views.

Correct. It's not like it's a shock to those who know about Sterlings history.
I'll bet he sues. That's the kind of guy he is. It will be interesting to see what happens when he plays his NAACP lifetime achievement card.
good I hope he does. His past dealings will condemn him.
Wow what an overreaction this whole thing has become. It is ******** that they are taking away the team from him. He is being way over punished.
instead of destroying you on this board, I'm going to just assume you already didn't know he's a ****ing bigot who has had run-ins with guys like Elgin Baylor and Baron Davis. What comes around goes around. Yes the comments were made in the privacy of his home, but when your a known loser think last straw. Think of the backlash the nba could receive if they don't do what they did.