What's new

Jazz reaction to the Sterling ban.

He wasn't banning her friends from coming to the game. He was mad she was with them for who knows what ever reason. The man is a dumb *** but stopping people from coming to his games is not something an owner would do

It is obvious to most people he didn't want her to bring her black friends to the game. The reason why was they were black!!!!!! So your comment who knows whatever reason. Seriously? You need to listen to the recording again.

If that was true the tards from the Westboro Baptist Church would be screwed but they are not because they are protected by the first ammendment. I find them to be completely ridiculous however I know there is no legal way to stop them.

The only good thing about Sterling is that he is not making those comments in public. It's not hard to record someone saying something bad about others when you get them mad and only record certain parts of the conversation.

Yea because they hide behind the freedom of religion thing. Sterling is a business owner. Big difference. Besides everyone hates the Westboro Baptist Church too. It isn't like people are rushing to join the "church".

Is it stupid?? YEP! is it horrible and racist? Yep
But I am not sure why people are surprised by a racist person in their 70's or 80's.
Racist black people and white people in America still.
Younger generations I would be surprised, but not these old people.

believe you are wrong to some degree at least. Racism is NOT age specific!! Its about environment, ignorance and up bringing to some extent. I am not quite 70 yrs old but couldn't agree more with Adam Silver's decision. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face. It HAD to be done.

believe you are wrong to some degree at least. Racism is NOT age specific!! Its about environment, ignorance and up bringing to some extent. I am not quite 70 yrs old but couldn't agree more with Adam Silver's decision. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face. It HAD to be done.

Great post, Gramps! Good to see you're still alive and kicking!

First time I realized there was discrimination was when my Texas born dear departed mother made me go back and tell our black little league third baseman that I had ask to spend the night that he could not come. Still bothers me to this day.

I don't know about that, man. I sincerely doubt Adam Silver, an attorney himself, would just step up to the podium and spout a bunch of unenforceable crap. I'm with you on Sterling fighting, this, though-- in the likely event he does, it is going to be highly entertaining.

Didn't it start off on the edge of the bowl to begin with...?

Are we talking that same Adam Silver that has never seen any evidence of tanking in the NBA? THAT Adam Silver?

I know, it's really not that important we should just tear the document up and wipe our asses with it right? I mean shoot only hundreds of thousands men died for it right? Yeah no big deal......
You are acting like a complete buffoon. The arguments you are making about this issue are irrelevant. Every business can make rules and bylaws that employees, franchisees, and everyone else must abide by. Sterling has been one of the worst owners in pro sports history. i'll bet the league is thrilled that he put himself in a position to get kicked out. None of this has diddely squat to do with your constitutional rights as an American, so you can quit getting your panties into a bunch.

You are acting like a complete buffoon. The arguments you are making about this issue are irrelevant. Every business can make rules and bylaws that employees, franchisees, and everyone else must abide by. Sterling has been one of the worst owners in pro sports history. i'll bet the league is thrilled that he put himself in a position to get kicked out. None of this has diddely squat to do with your constitutional rights as an American, so you can quit getting your panties into a bunch.

but those rules and bylaws cant cover what i do when i sit on the toilet, at home.

;)

so basically slavery?

Its not slavery because he is not forced to work for the nba.

He can get a job at mcdonalds and then say racist stuff at home all day

9erute and dutch have shown me the errors in my ways now I know that:

What I thought was slavery, being dragged from your home/country, spending weeks and weeks on a boat cramped in a confined space standing in yours and others *****, where you are barely fed and kept hydrated. Once the boat docks don't worry it gets better you and your family get auctioned off and likely never see each other again, oh but wait the people that purchased you are awesome right. They only force you to work any and every job no one else wants to do that is also back breaking manual labor that you get to do all day everyday. Oh but wait you can leave right, well if you want to get beaten, killed and or raped sure you can try to leave. Oh but wait after a few years you've payed off that free boat ride and can leave right, oh except for the fact that it was for life or until you are to broken down physically to work and generally are worked to death.

Now I really know the following is the same as the slavery Sterling has been forced to endure. He got to voluntarily buy a NBA basketball team because he was a billionaire, man that sucks. Then he was forced to make money hand over fist for decades from this NBA franchise and it's sponsors, oh the horror. Then those tricky NBA people have a code of conduct a constitution that they let you voluntarily sign (those **********) if you want to be a part of making millions upon millions of dollars and become celebrity and have your name out in the media when otherwise no one would even know or care who you are. After they some how tricked him into voluntarily signing this constitution aka signing his soul over to the devil, after years of being the worst owner doing and saying stupid things he still got to keep making all this money and own the franchise.

So no owner in this NBA (aka slavery ring) has ever been forced out and so you'd have to be a record breaking idiot to be forced out, there is no end in sight for this poor poor man..... oh wait... Only after years of this behavior and being caught saying extremely stupid comments that demean the very people making you all this money is he forced to sell this franchise and in doing so he will make something close to 1 billion dollars. SON OF A BITCH!

Yep now I know what true slavery is, thanks you 2, how could I be so blind.

Last edited:

What I thought was slavery, being dragged from your home/country, spending weeks and weeks on a boat cramped in a confined space standing in yours and others *****, where you are barely fed and kept hydrated. Once the boat docks don't worry it gets better you and your family get auctioned off and likely never see each other again, oh but wait the people that purchased you are awesome right. They only force you to work any and every job no one else wants to do that is also back breaking manual labor that you get to do all day everyday. Oh but wait you can leave right, well if you want to get beaten, killed and or raped sure you can try to leave. Oh but wait after a few years you've payed off that free boat ride and can leave right, oh except for the fact that it was for life or until you are to broken down physically to work and generally are worked to death.

Now I really know the following is the same as the slavery Sterling has been forced to endure. He got to voluntarily buy a NBA basketball team because he was a billionaire, man that sucks. Then he was forced to make money hand over fist for decades from this NBA franchise and it's sponsors, oh the horror. Then those tricky NBA people have a code of conduct a constitution that they let you voluntarily sign (those **********) if you want to be a part of making millions upon millions of dollars and become celebrity and have your name out in the media when otherwise no one would even know or care who you are. After they some how tricked him into voluntarily signing this constitution aka signing his soul over to the devil, after years of being the worst owner doing and saying stupid things he still got to keep making all this money and own the franchise.

So no owner in this NBA (aka slavery ring) has ever been forced out and so you'd have to be a record breaking idiot to be forced out, there is no end in sight for this poor poor man..... oh wait... Only after years of this behavior and being caught saying extremely stupid comments that demean the very people making you all this money is he forced to sell this franchise and in doing so he will make something close to 1 billion dollars. SON OF A BITCH!

This marks the very first time that I've decided to open a post from someone on my ignore list, and been happy I did. Well said, and BTW I'm kicking you off of the ignore list. Too bad if you liked it there. Your fate, as far as I'm concerned, is in my hands and my hands alone. Yep... just another form of slavery.

slavery is also not being fre.

i specifically pointed to not having freedom to say whatever the f you want in the privacy of your own home.