What's new

Jazz select Grayson Allen at 21

I don't either. I'm starting to get this feeling that we love our guys so much that we're just going to keep the same thing going for a few years and hope it turns into a title.

We'll keep Favors and Exum this summer.
We'll keep Rubio next summer and not add much because space will be limited.
We'll probably keep Crowder in summer of 2020 along with extending Mitchell.
We'll re-sign Gobert in 2021 and maybe Ingles too.

We really don't have that window when we're going to have "all this cap space" unless we let Favors and Rubio go in 2019.

Can't project the current feelings that far into the future. This year I think we run it back (small changes maybe). I think we try and add a big FA in 2019 or give value deals to Exum and Favors and work on trading for that missing piece. We can't get frustrated or impatient... this is a building year... 2019/2020 are finishing years.

i do wonder if they engage in extension conversations with Ricky. I wouldn't extend him unless it was a decent discount. PGs like him (okayish shooters with limited creation) aren't the hottest of commodities... A couple teams like Orlando or Phoenix might be interested next year, but I don't see the team that will bowl him over with a huge offer.

I really believe we can win a chip in the future with this team, obviously hinges on how much better Mitchell gets. I’m also curious how much better Rubio gets as well, and if I’m him, with how much Quin believes in him and his relationship with Mitchell, I’d consider taking less money if I have to because I have a hard time finding a better situation.

Can't project the current feelings that far into the future. This year I think we run it back (small changes maybe). I think we try and add a big FA in 2019 or give value deals to Exum and Favors and work on trading for that missing piece. We can't get frustrated or impatient... this is a building year... 2019/2020 are finishing years.

i do wonder if they engage in extension conversations with Ricky. I wouldn't extend him unless it was a decent discount. PGs like him (okayish shooters with limited creation) aren't the hottest of commodities... A couple teams like Orlando or Phoenix might be interested next year, but I don't see the team that will bowl him over with a huge offer.

If we don't think Favors is a key building block for a title in the finishing years, we need to get a big asset by using our cap space. Without Favors and most of the non-guaranteeds (we should keep Udoh if we let Favors walk), we could make a pretty substantial deal with our cap space + Burks.

This is going to be a major buyers market coming up soon. Everybody is going to be selling and nobody is going to be buying. We need to look at supply/demand curve and realize where we can pull off a major deal.

If we don't think Favors is a key building block for a title in the finishing years, we need to get a big asset by using our cap space. Without Favors and most of the non-guaranteeds (we should keep Udoh if we let Favors walk), we could make a pretty substantial deal with our cap space + Burks.

This is going to be a major buyers market coming up soon. Everybody is going to be selling and nobody is going to be buying. We need to look at supply/demand curve and realize where we can pull off a major deal.
We are much more likely to trade for a player than sign an UFA. Getting Favors on a good deal could end up being a great asset if he ends up not fitting in. Although so far he has played well when healthy next to Gobert. If he gets his corner 3 down then we are really set with him. Although I would like to see us chase some other players as well such as Gordon and Parker.

We are much more likely to trade for a player than sign an UFA. Getting Favors on a good deal could end up being a great asset if he ends up not fitting in. Although so far he has played well when healthy next to Gobert. If he gets his corner 3 down then we are really set with him. Although I would like to see us chase some other players as well such as Gordon and Parker.

I agree. That's why I want to have space. If we have space, we have literally gold that other teams want. Look at Washington staring down the luxury again. If we could give them cap relief and expiring Burks, can we get Porter? Don't we have more leverage with space?

As for Favors, we are not going to trade him. I really dislike how people are going to come on here and use that as a fallback plan if we sign him long term. We aren't going to trade a guy who everybody loves. If we were going to, we would have done it this year when so many teams were looking for decent expiring players. He likes us and we like him. He won't get traded.

If he could develop a corner 3, then sure, he would be more valuable.

I agree. That's why I want to have space. If we have space, we have literally gold that other teams want. Look at Washington staring down the luxury again. If we could give them cap relief and expiring Burks, can we get Porter? Don't we have more leverage with space?

As for Favors, we are not going to trade him. I really dislike how people are going to come on here and use that as a fallback plan if we sign him long term. We aren't going to trade a guy who everybody loves. If we were going to, we would have done it this year when so many teams were looking for decent expiring players. He likes us and we like him. He won't get traded.

If he could develop a corner 3, then sure, he would be more valuable.
I dont think we will pick up a good player as a salary dump. Teams are not desperate enough to give up an all-star or potential all-star level player because of their cap situation. Usually you take a crappy player and get some crap pick as a reward. I also think that will go away more and more. Plus beyond next year regardless of what we do we will not operate under the salary cap. Teams who are trying to win dont do that. The Jazz are trying to win now.

Jazz will trade players if they need to. I am not worried about that with DL. If we sign him long term it means they think he fits in or will fit in. But if that changes after a year or two or if we have the chance to upgrade the roster they will. Its a business at the end of the day.

That’s a knockoff website. We will know today at his press conference.

The only reason I even gave it a chance of being accurate was because I noticed they were accurate with numbers for other rookies before press conferences. Some of which were more obscure. Like Jalen Brunson wearing #13 for Dallas. I'm taking it with a grain of salt though. We'll know later today like you said.

I really believe we can win a chip in the future with this team, obviously hinges on how much better Mitchell gets. I’m also curious how much better Rubio gets as well, and if I’m him, with how much Quin believes in him and his relationship with Mitchell, I’d consider taking less money if I have to because I have a hard time finding a better situation.

Assuming Rubio comes back as good this season as he was at the end of last season, Utah will look to extend him. Rubio filled all the reqs we needed for a starting PG, minus the shooting part. Well, he added that from out of no-where. He also has a bromance with Mitchell and Jae, which counts for a lot. Utah has his Bird rights, but I expect Utah to try and extend him for about the same money per year as his current deal. If Ricky's happy here and looking for a long term deal, that would be fine by him I think. But Ricky may wait until next offseason as well, so who knows. But it's a given Utah is going to try and lock him up.

Well, since basketball is a team game, it's going to take more than just Mitchell to get better for the Jazz to win a championship! When EVERYBODY contributes then you win more games and that leads to home court advantage which leads to a higher seeding!

Well, since basketball is a team game, it's going to take more than just Mitchell to get better for the Jazz to win a championship! When EVERYBODY contributes then you win more games and that leads to home court advantage which leads to a higher seeding!

I was going to respond to this, but then saw who posted it. It would just be a waist of my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk