What's new

Jazz select Justin Wright-Foreman with the 53rd pick

Read the comments in this thread before ever even seeing or hearing of this dude.
After watching the videos of him he looks much bigger than I expected and is much more athletic than I expected.

I like that he is a lefty like Ingles and MCJ

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Jazz managed to draft three guys in within the last 11 picks of that draft that I like more than Exum and Bradley. I don’t know if that indicates that I think they’re that good, or that Exum and Bradley are that bad, but I’ll go glass half full.

Jazz managed to draft three guys in within the last 11 picks of that draft that I like more than Exum and Bradley. I don’t know if that indicates that I think they’re that good, or that Exum and Bradley are that bad, but I’ll go glass half full.
To be fair, I think every GM would’ve picked Exum at 5. He was highly regarded leading up to his draft, and Bradley was a prospect many experts thought would be a top ten pick had he stayed. The jazz gambled and lost.

I agree.

All 3 of these picks are solid. They all have potential to be good.

The Jazz need to make a quick decision and give them a Royce O'neal deal if they feel good enough about them. Thats how you build a roster. Not over paying average players in the league.

Last edited:
To be fair, I think every GM would’ve picked Exum at 5. He was highly regarded leading up to his draft, and Bradley was a prospect many experts thought would be a top ten pick had he stayed. The jazz gambled and lost.
I didn’t care for either picks at the time, but understood it and didn’t fault. It’s what we’ve done since then. Bradley has played like 50 total NBA minutes, yet here he is on the roster. Exum is a huge opportunity cost.

Not a fan of this pick. Doesn't seem like a complimentary player, but rather a player the offense has to be built around (this is why the Jimmer comparison is not crazy to me). I don't see how he contributes enough in early years to get on the court for development. Maybe he ends up being Isiah Thomas, but at 53 it is not likely. Like the Kevin Murphy comp.

Did Lindsey and Zanic finally figure it out?

Jazzfans like players with the underdog/they counted me out story. High character, (no tripping incidents) with upside.

I like the pick. We need guards that can shoot lights out and get their own shot sometimes off the bench.

Bring him in with Ingles and Favors. Those two run their pick and rolls and he should be open for threes. If Exum is healthy he can play with this unit as well.

Seems like a gunner. He's gonna have to learn how to play while not being the primary option.
Depends on how one defines the term, gunner. To me, gunner has a negative connotation as somebody who just jacks up shots, bad shots with no regard for winning or efficiency.

JWF's TS% was 63% and eFG was 59%. When a guy is that efficient you want him shooting every time down the floor because when a dude is scoring that many points as is that efficient, you will win a lot of games.

I thought I saw some good and bad.

Bad: Terrible shot selection. He tries those contested shots in the NBA it's going to be a block and headed the other direction. He also dribbles into a lot of midrangers. I think in the NBA he's going to have to focus more on the 3pt shot as his bread and butter. Defense will not be a strength.

Good: Some nice vision. He can penetrate and dump fairly well, and with guys with NBA hands to pass to I think he will look a lot better in this area. (I thought his passes looked much better than the players catches)

I'd say maybe upside of a Isiah Thomas (the more recent one), but a really low floor, and I'm guessing his game won't translate very well myself, Neto will prove to be much better when healthy.

I'm not too worried about his defense (not that he's a real promising defender either), he had a huge load at Hofstra on offense. Interesting that he/Brantley were teammates for that college 3x3 tourney.

I thought I saw some good and bad.

Bad: Terrible shot selection. He tries those contested shots in the NBA it's going to be a block and headed the other direction. He also dribbles into a lot of midrangers. I think in the NBA he's going to have to focus more on the 3pt shot as his bread and butter. Defense will not be a strength.

Good: Some nice vision. He can penetrate and dump fairly well, and with guys with NBA hands to pass to I think he will look a lot better in this area. (I thought his passes looked much better than the players catches)

I'd say maybe upside of a Isiah Thomas (the more recent one), but a really low floor, and I'm guessing his game won't translate very well myself, Neto will prove to be much better when healthy.
I think you have to give him a higher ceiling than IT simply because IT's wingspan was 6'1", where JWF's is 6'7". That is a monster difference.

I'm not saying he'll be as good as IT, but if we're talking ceilings and floors, the WS - with all other things being equal- has to give JWF the edge.

Depends on how one defines the term, gunner. To me, gunner has a negative connotation as somebody who just jacks up shots, bad shots with no regard for winning or efficiency.

JWF's TS% was 63% and eFG was 59%. When a guy is that efficient you want him shooting every time down the floor because when a dude is scoring that many points as is that efficient, you will win a lot of games.
This
Steph curry, Damian Lillard, harden, etc could be referred to a "gunners"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app