What's new

Jazz select Udoka Azubuike with pick 27 & trade Tony Bradley + pick 38 to the Pistons

Sounds like the front office loved this guy so I'll give it a chance. I'm assuming they like his athleticism and the fact he can play defense.

If we move Rudy it will make more sense.

Again, let’s all have a laugh at this take after we shock the world and win the championship

Fire Dennis Lindsey. I mean it.

I could write a paper about how inane everything the Jazz did tonight was. Every single thing.

Lastly, the only possible sensible reason to grab Azubuike there is if the Rudy talks are going poorly. So that’s... tight.

I have to think they have an agreement in place with a veteran free agent like Favors. They can’t be planning to roll in to next season with a rookie and Davis.
Then why the **** would you use a 1st to draft a dude that can’t play basketball at the same position.

Wasn’t this guy slated to be a second rounder, we could’ve had our stretch 4 finally. I’m pissed!!

someone please make me feel better about this pick.

In the net, there are less than none.
Good hands, good footwork, good defense. Calls for the rock and will likely draw lots of fouls (gotta love that FT%). Doesn't have diarrhea like Rodney Hood. Can guard the big banger centers. His name is fun to say. But, yeah - there are some guys I would have loved to have drafted who were available.

I cannot put into words what a sloppy puddle of diarrhea tonight is. I’m in complete awe.

Idgaf about continuity. Every other competitive team is making deals. Doesn’t matter if they won (lakers) or trying to move up (Dallas, Phoenix) or realized they ****ed up like we did (philly). This FO needs to either **** or get off the pot. So damned frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They loved Tony too... they have a type.
And that "type" has been killing us. If the FO wasn't so obsessed with the term"smooth" and "balanced" as well as being allergic to the word "explosiveness" and "athletic", we could have had Mitchell Robinson who can now potentially make Rudy expendable

We need a rim protector... Alex Len and John Henson provide that and will be minimum players... they will both be more effective than Udoka next year.

We also learned shooting passing perimeter defense are more important in the playoffs and your backup center likely doesn’t log any minutes in the postseason the deeper you go... so we drafted for regular season need... regular season need that can be addressed with a minimum deal and we got a guy that adds no variance to the roster... still don’t have a stretch big or a good passing big. It’s isn’t just the pick... it just shows that we don’t ****ing get it like at all and are incapable of addressing the needs we so clearly have. It’s basic incompetence... sorry.

DL been out here for 4–5 years talking about we need a stretch big... and he goes and uses our only first round pick to get basic big... even if he’s good he maxes out as a basic big. Congrats.

I no longer trust the front office and think they have been more lucky than good.