What's new

Jazz sign Ryan Thompson

Dude can use both hands and looks like DWade with all those taking it the length of the court for the score baskets.

He had to have done something right to impress the Jazz this early. He's been scrimmaging with the team for the last few weeks. He must have turned some heads.

Unclear whether contract is guaranteed or non-guaranteed.
Uh, isn't it SOP for camp invitees to be signed to a "make-good" (i.e. non-guaranteed) contract, so they will at least be paid for their time in camp? I'm not sure why this is worthy of its own stickied thread. It's basically a camp invitee sending a RSVP in the affirmative.

One of the twitter's from him said he'd signed a non-guaranteed contract. Did not specify any other details. Anyway, he sounds like a good prospect; very skilled and BB-smart.

Why would they sign Thompson to a guaranteed deal before they even see him in camp. That would be ludicrous.

Maybe cause some other teams are after him. Seems like Kings and Spurs both wanted him very much which is a good sign.
So he must be pretty certain he will make Jazz roster if he signed with Jazz. Another good sign.

Sweet. I am so stoked about this signing. I'm probably getting exciting over nothing but **** it, this time of year is slow.

I'm to the point where I can't wait for pre-season games. I can't remember the last time I cared about pre-season basketball.

It would be kind of funny if despite all of the excitement, the Jazz were just AWFUL this year because that is a possibility. The Jazz might also be legit contenders this year or the next (if applicable) as well and I'm hopeful, but this offseason so far seems too good to be true considering the circumstances.

What I'm trying to say is I like this pickup. We'll see what this kid really has to offer when someone goes down with injury. But he'll at least be better than O Jeff.

Here is a question for the CBA experts. Can the Jazz sign Thompson to a multi year deal later this year or can it be at most a 1 year deal like Matthews ended up getting? Providing the Jazz like what they see, it would suck to lose him after this year to some rich owner with no conscience of paying the luxury tax.