What's new

Jazz to release Shaq Harrison

He never got an opportunity... he’s a really good defender. Hopefully we stay healthy and don’t regret this. I would be willing to bet large sums of money he ends up on another roster.

I wonder if there is interest from the front office to add Yogi to the roster? He had a couple of seasons in the league where he averaged over 10 ppg and averaged about 9.5 ppg in a short stint with the Cavs this year.

Glad to see that we are still acting like a business, but it's unfortunate he didn't pan out.

I would assume we continue to sign the bare minimum 10 day contract guys in order to abide by league 14 roster spot rules but also save as much money as possible.

I think this is a signal that the Jazz are going to re-sign Conley more than anything else. Shaq was Oni insurance and Oni passed the test.
Shaq was a YOLO signing. Nothing more, nothing else. I think they just wanted to get an up-close look to see what the defensive hype was about and if he could actually run the point/if he could shoot it in practice.

I will add Trent Forrest looked significantly better and more comfortable with the ball in his hands and his defense looked just as good whenever he played.

He never got an opportunity... he’s a really good defender. Hopefully we stay healthy and don’t regret this. I would be willing to bet large sums of money he ends up on another roster.
he was being outplayed by Trent Forrest. I think Utah will be fine with their decision.

he was being outplayed by Trent Forrest. I think Utah will be fine with their decision.
I think this is correct. Forrest looks to be what I was hoping to get on the roster. Was hesitant to rely on a rookie but we seen a little from him and it looks good.

I'm actually okay with this. I think all the guys on the roster are about what I would have reasonable expected and Niang leveled up his defense. I'm good with the move and honestly its the right thing to do so he can get some playing time somewhere else.