Jazz to release Shaq Harrison

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
he was being outplayed by Trent Forrest. I think Utah will be fine with their decision.
I think this is correct. Forrest looks to be what I was hoping to get on the roster. Was hesitant to rely on a rookie but we seen a little from him and it looks good.

I'm actually okay with this. I think all the guys on the roster are about what I would have reasonable expected and Niang leveled up his defense. I'm good with the move and honestly its the right thing to do so he can get some playing time somewhere else.

The Jazz Wonderbra

I think this is correct. Forrest looks to be what I was hoping to get on the roster. Was hesitant to rely on a rookie but we seen a little from him and it looks good.

I'm actually okay with this. I think all the guys on the roster are about what I would have reasonable expected and Niang leveled up his defense. I'm good with the move and honestly its the right thing to do so he can get some playing time somewhere else.
This coming from Shaq's biggest cheerleader. I expected tears.

Regarding the news, I can't decide if this is about pinching pennies to get under the cap so we can save trillions by the time we resign Conley? Or if this is a win move now move freeing up a roster spot for a guy we think will put us over the top... screw future costs! We want a ring!!!

KqWIN

He never got an opportunity... he’s a really good defender. Hopefully we stay healthy and don’t regret this. I would be willing to bet large sums of money he ends up on another roster.

It's better for UTA if someone picks him off waivers, this way we're clear of the whole contract. I wonder if UTA and his agent worked something out where he knew he wasn't getting time here, but maybe his agent already found a team willing to take him off of waivers.

It's hard to know what goes on in practice, but he was way behind Niang/Oni/Morgan in the pecking order to get time and he might have been overtaken by Forrest as well.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner

Regarding the news, I can't decide if this is about pinching pennies to get under the cap so we can save trillions by the time we resign Conley? Or if this is a win move now move freeing up a roster spot for a guy we think will put us over the top... screw future costs! We want a ring!!!
I'm good. I think you have to re-evaluate things constantly. The path for Shaq getting minutes is tough and as @Saint Cy of JFC mentioned... we've seen what Forrest can do and I think he'd at least provide 80-85% of what Shaq does.

Its pinching pennies but if we can get below the tax this year it may save us on the repeater tax long term. I think we only sign someone if an amazing buyout guy pops up.

Jazz Fusion

The Utah Jazz will release Shaquille Harrison.
Harrison signed a non-guaranteed deal with the Jazz in December shortly after training camp started for the team but was never able to establish himself in Quin Snyder's rotation.

The deal would have become fully guaranteed on Wednesday.

Harrison began his NBA career during the 2017-18 season with the Phoenix Suns and spent two seasons with the Chicago Bulls before signing with the Jazz.
KYLE IRELAND, BEN ANDERSON/KSL SPORTS

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
It's better for UTA if someone picks him off waivers, this way we're clear of the whole contract. I wonder if UTA and his agent worked something out where he knew he wasn't getting time here, but maybe his agent already found a team willing to take him off of waivers.

It's hard to know what goes on in practice, but he was way behind Niang/Oni/Morgan in the pecking order to get time and he might have been overtaken by Forrest as well.
Agree with all of this. (Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" playing in the background... one single solitary tear rolls down my cheek in appreciation/sadness/understanding)

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner

We were at 14 so we already had a roster spot free.