What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

One thing with Simone that I think changes his value is how much you really believe in his defense. His numbers are decent this year, but I'm not sure I'm totally bought in that he is a good defender. I think he might try hard, so in general he looks ok, but I wonder if he could get exposed if targeted in a playoff series.
I guess anything's possible, but Simone was a rarity on this roster – I don't remember him ever being hunted on D. Lauri, Dunn, Sexton, Clarkson, Ochai, Kessler, Collins, Kelly... they've all gotten targeted and all have gotten abused.

Tecc is getting atleast 10 mil per next season. A lot of folks want to see TH play when was that going to happen. While I will miss tecc, something tells me TH is ready to step in especially defensively and can shot the 3 just as well. Thing is the chemistry

Tecc is getting atleast 10 mil per next season. A lot of folks want to see TH play when was that going to happen. While I will miss tecc, something tells me TH is ready to step in especially defensively and can shot the 3 just as well. Thing is the chemistry
Yall will say anything if it makes you feel good.

I find the most interesting part about this trade is what it signals about how the Jazz FO is thinking....especially what it means for KO and JC tomorrow.

The second most interesting thing might be.....there hasn't been a single Jazz media member saying this is opening up the path for TH? Even Bryce got mentioned by TJ. This is a feel bad trade because the Jazz are kind of punting on the season, but usually that comes with the positive spin of "this clears the way for young player to get time". I see it with Ochai and Bryce, but no TH? What's going on there? Does Hardy really not like him that much?

I will say, TJ did kind of hint that there's more in store and that will be the TH playing time trade (prob KO).

Simone has been in the closing lineup in all of 11 games this year, shooting 25/22/0 in clutch minutes.

I hate arguing this though as I did like the guy.... but go find a paper bag.
That's some good data

Or not

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats fair and a good argument he has done well defensively in those situations. But he hasnt hit his shots in those situations, so its not like he is closing games for us.
He's on the court, he is closing games. His spacing is just as important as actually hitting shots. The sample size is 9 3's he could easily have hit his next two and be 4/11 and you wouldnt have this stupid argument.

Also, games exist that are closed outside of clutch minutes.

Is the DL over?

Besides if this turns out to be the only trade we make its FAR FAR less tanky than the LA trade.
And that trade wouldn't have kept us out of the play in if not for(fake) injuries to sexton, Clarkson, Lauri etc

I find the most interesting part about this trade is what it signals about how the Jazz FO is thinking....especially what it means for KO and JC tomorrow.

The second most interesting thing might be.....there hasn't been a single Jazz media member saying this is opening up the path for TH? Even Bryce got mentioned by TJ. This is a feel bad trade because the Jazz are kind of punting on the season, but usually that comes with the positive spin of "this clears the way for young player to get time". I see it with Ochai and Bryce, but no TH? What's going on there? Does Hardy really not like him that much?

I will say, TJ did kind of hint that there's more in store and that will be the TH playing time trade (prob KO).
Agreed. I think there's more in the pipe.

lol yo I’m not happy about the trade my guy but now that it has happened, one can only use look forward to where the team lies
That's the point brother.

You are saying Hendricks is just as good at shooting as a way to cope even though its not true.

A "minutes for Hendricks" trade IS punting on the season.
Funny thing is that if Simone started the season we would have all been thinking we were tanking.
He was horrendous last year.
Sometimes players surprise you and play better than you thought they would

Hendricks seems like a several-year project.

That's the point brother.

You are saying Hendricks is just as good at shooting as a way to cope even though its not true.
What do you think the reason was that the jazz drafted Hendricks? Think it had anything to do with good shooting?

I’ve said over and over that if the pick gets rerouted it’s a different situation. Obviously it would. But if not, it’s a pretty clear as day signal that the Jazz FO is not prioritizing the playoffs this year.
Sure, but in addition to possible other moves we also need to see the what the drop off is when our #9 pick gets meaningful minutes due to this.

Funny thing is that if Simone started the season we would have all been thinking we were tanking.
He was horrendous last year.
Sometimes players surprise you and play better than you thought they would

Lauri turned into a cast off to an All NBA guy. Simone was friggin garbage last year. Sometimes players just have to play to see what you have and how you can use it.