What's new

Jazz trade for the 50th pick and select Jarrell Brantley

More important than his 3 pt %, imo, is his FT%. He's a solid shooter.

I think he makes the roster. We need a player of his type, and don't have one since Crowder left.

More I look at, the more I like.

0:45 of this highlight reel doesn't look meh.

Great highlight reel, made me really excited for the pick. Looks to me like his body has a lot of room for improvement. Seems like lots of players from smaller conferences make significant gains in strength and speed after a year or two working with NBA trainers.

Seems like it is all going to come down to his defense. His defensive impact was really good in college, but was against lower competition/athleticism, although he had a really good defensive game in the final of the Portsmouth Tournament. I expect it is going to come down to his lateral quickness, but I haven't watched enough to judge.

I liked everything I saw on the highlight reel. Showed a huge array of skills. Only 2 things: First, I'm not sure that the NBA refs will let him clear space with his off arm like that, maybe they will, but he's really relies on it. Second, it's a highlight reel, of course he'll look good. I miss the hell out of Draft Express, I used to watch like 10% of the Strengths and really focus on the Weakness video. We can't tell anything about his defense from that video, and defense will probably determine if he's ready to play or not.

Exhibit A: Grayson Allen.

Trevor Booker, junkyard dog, Jae Crowder, and Paul Millsap have all transferred their Jazz DNA to him in a blood ceremony. Oh, maybe a little Hoffa for some solid enforcement.

We havea new fan favorite. A do it all guy who isn't going to get pushed around. A hustle big who plays on both ends of the court and in-between.

Really knew nothing about this guy going in, but the clips in here and the stat sheet are pretty enticing, more than you can say for most #50 picks.

Did I see he prefers to dribble with his left but he shoots right handed?

Others mentioned this and I agree he does have some awkward movements and room to grow his body. The Jazz training staff will help with that.

I question whether he has the quickness. He looks a little slow overall to me.

Oni and Foreman on the other hand look ready for NBA speed.

Tons of 4 year players develop and turn into great players. 23 used to be the normal age to enter the NBA. Just because you played 4 years at college doesnt mean you dont have upside. We have seen Royce develop a lot since his rookie year. We saw Ingles develop a ton since his rookie year and he was much older as a rookie.

I like the idea of this guy... not sure if he is any good, but he has some potential. Good thing about getting older guys is if they don't show you something early you can pretty much assume they aren't NBA players.... unlike the "projects' where you sink years and roster spots into them with no reward. Doesn't mean they can't improve, but if they don't show something you can just move on.

Just watched his highlight video again(or maybe a different video) and he actually looks like he has more quickness than I originally thought. His handles are a little loose but he's aggressive and has a lot of good moves. The arc on his shot is pretty flat though. Got NBA body and length and everyone says he has a good motor so that's a good start.