What's new

Jazz vs ATL Hawks - 1/5/11 7PM MST

David Stern

Jazz_Hawks_Basketball-29421_7d29166705.largeslideshow.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQOQPeH6OeI

Utah Jazz (24-11, 13-6 Home, 3rd Place West)

vs

Atlanta Hawks (23-14, 11-9 Road, 5th Place East)

Jamal Crawford has been hot recently. Watch out!!! We might see a shoutout from CJ and JC when they come in and command the ball.

This game is a big test for the JAzz. Must win? Absolutely. Millsap injured his right hip, hopefully he will be OK. I do not want to see another lopsided JSmoove-Paul matchup. Horford is an undersized center but he has played at PF position in some games. I think, if he plays at center, the Jazz can go small with Millsap-AK upfromt against a quick and explosive Smith-Horford combo. This Hawks team is much different than past years'. They run much less ISO Joe's or ISO Al's. They still tend to forget ball movement, which is highly favored by new coach. Hawks are on second leg of a b2b. THey could not blow the Kings out so some starters had to play 30+ mins. The Jazz have to take advantage of it by starting the game with a lot more energy and better execution. Please start a ******* game strong guys.

....Hawks playing the second of a back to back...that's in our favor. But Hawks have alot of hopper types that generally give us trouble. But we now have someone who can counteract hopper types.....big Al Jefferson!

....Hawks playing the second of a back to back...that's in our favor. But Hawks have alot of hopper types that generally give us trouble. But we now have someone who can counteract hopper types.....big Al Jefferson!

why worried about the so called "hoppers" i thought you stated on multiple occasions that they cant play basketball

All I know is that a team with a Collins is very very difficult to beat. I hope we can pull it out.

No. He is out. Paul is a game time decision. If he does not play, Elson will likely get the starting job today.

In that case I expect we will see a lot of AK at 4 with CJ or Hayward at 4. Also there will be a Jeremy Evans sighting.

why worried about the so called "hoppers" i thought you stated on multiple occasions that they cant play basketball

....hopper types can't win consistently....but can rise to the occasion and beat you! I suspect the Hawks will be out of bullets by the start of the 4th quarter...and we should pull away! By the way, looks like I'll be getting this game on the local Sports South channel tonight! Howz about them apples?

I don't care if they played back to back. If Utah plays like they did against Memphis and Detroit then this game is probably an L.

In that case I expect we will see a lot of AK at 4 with CJ or Hayward at 4. Also there will be a Jeremy Evans sighting.

I really hope we dont see either Hayward, or CJ at the 4.
That would be uuuuuugly.
I would rather see Price play the 4.... ok, not really.
I'm guessing you meant the 3.

If Milsap is out, the only way we win this game is if Fes wears a Holocaust Cloak, while playing on a wheelbarrow and lit on fire.
That will put a little fear into the Hawks.

All joking aside.
Jazz pull out another win after being down by 10+.... win by 5.
I really see them being down at least 10 at halftime.

If Millsap can bring it he should play, but if he can't or its up in the air then he shouldn't. I want to see Hayward and Evans get more run. If I'm remembering right Evans was key against the Hawks last time.

If Sap cant play, I hope that Fes gets the start. Move Al to the Pf spot and work the paint. Get into the legs of the hawks or get them into foul trouble.

We need this win!!! Time to start making a statement on our home court. Hopefully C.J. will be full strength tonight. With a game and a practice behind him he should have his legs back under him for the whole game. He is a key to our success.