What's new

Jazz vs ATL Hawks - 1/5/11 7PM MST

Sweet. Then we're on track to tripling our seasonal average this year!

Dallas, SA, Miami, Denver, Phx, Portland(s), Golden State, New Orleans, and Atlanta games all come to mind...

Eh, not all of those games had this sort of miserable quality. The road Dallas game Utah just got massacred in the 1st quarter and actually made it a close game but couldn't undo the deficit. The other Dallas game, Miami, the Portland games, they were in it at one point or the other and had a lousy quarter that did them in, or in the case of the Spurs a lousy two quarters.

This game was different. They were not in this game at any period whatsoever. The closest they got was to being down 8 in the 2nd, and any time the Jazz tried to muster a run the Hawks just put their boot down on their neck. This is probably the worst I've seen the Jazz play all year other than maybe the opening two games of the season. Although being bad is one thing, the Jazz looked like they weren't even prepared, much like the New Orleans game. That's much more awful to see.

7825fdf3c84a2b4c736c79de6957e46d.gif

...like the current Jazz players....that kid doesn't have a single BRAIN CELL in his head!

Personally, I think it's pretty clear that this team lacks firepower.

Al isn't nearly as good as Memo used to be offensively.
Millsap isn't nearly as good as Boozer was offensively.
Elson/Fess/Evans aren't nearly as good as Millsap was offensively (coming off the bench).
Watson and Price are coming back down to Earth and playing what all the other backups to Deron have played like.
Hayward, CJ, and Raja aren't nearly as good as Brewer/Korver/Wes.

This team just doesn't have much offense. Outside of Deron, no one can consistently score.

+1

I agree with the comment that the Jazz lack fire power. They need to add a few guys who can create their own shot. Until then the Jazz will have performances like this.

Too easy to overreact to this one. We absolutely stunk, but Atlanta was absurdly hot. You know you're in trouble when the other team doesn't have one cold player. And they did make at least 5 to 8 demoralizing baskets at the end of solid defensive possessions. Ugly game that I'll excuse if we come out angry and thrash Memphis.

Too easy to overreact to this one. We absolutely stunk, but Atlanta was absurdly hot. You know you're in trouble when the other team doesn't have one cold player. And they did make at least 5 to 8 demoralizing baskets at the end of solid defensive possessions. Ugly game that I'll excuse if we come out angry and thrash Memphis.

Lots of teams are gonna be hot if you give them wide-open uncontested shots like the Jazz did.

This is not your fathers Hawks team. They move the ball, they play defense, they shoot lights out. They're really a joy to watch.

Lots of teams are gonna be hot if you give them wide-open uncontested shots like the Jazz did.

This was not unlike the Piston game - only thing is Hawks have better shooters.

Hawks get the "hopper" tag; but to me they're actually watchable. They move the ball around well, take good shots, play decent defense.

He looked as bad in the home game vs. Mavs.

not playing as well lately. DWill was frustrated with him. He was not even really looking for the ball inside. Could have started Fes (not that he had a good game) with them starting Horford and Collins.

//r00t 4 Jazz said:
How stupid of me to think records matter

We started off 12-1 in 2006-07 then had a mediocre record after that. You can't measure this by records.

//r00t 4 Jazz said:
I'm guessing your saying booz was the reason for the slow starts to the season and him missing games is the reason the Jazz finish the season so well

Boozer haters, just making stuff up as usual.

Boozer haters, just making stuff up as usual.
I was being sarcastic when I said that and too this day I do not "hate" Booz never have, I was tired of people (mostly you) bringing his name up time and time again even though he is no longer on the team, the Jazz and most fans have moved on, oh and with the Jazz loss I was grumpy enough to respond.

Now why aren't you in the Memphis thread questioning why Millsap has been destroyed by Randolph 2x this week or some other Jazz player(s) poor performance.

I was being sarcastic when I said that and too this day I do not "hate" Booz never have, I was tired of people (mostly you) bringing his name up time and time again even though he is no longer on the team, the Jazz and most fans have moved on, oh and with the Jazz loss I was grumpy enough to respond.

Now why aren't you in the Memphis thread questioning why Millsap has been destroyed by Randolph 2x this week or some other Jazz player(s) poor performance.

So it's annoying when I talk about Boozer but it's fine for people to keep taking about Matthews? The hypocracy on this board is pathetic.

So it's annoying when I talk about Boozer but it's fine for people to keep taking about Matthews? The hypocracy on this board is pathetic.
There is a little talk about Mathews and it does bug me but not as bad it depends on the person and why they're talking about him, also I'm sure you will admit that the position that Mathews plays (SG) is much more of a weakness with this current Jazz team.
But again I don't like all the Mathews talk either especially people pretending they thought matching that contract was a good idea back in the summer.

So to cut this short both Booz and Mathews everybody understands they're good players, but both got contracts Jazz fans mostly agree where too high BUT for different reasons. Booz cause of defense and injuries (and some will say the drama and all that other crap I'm just talking basketball) while with Mathews it was too small of a sample size to give that large of a contract to (again keeping out all the non basketball stuff, his story of not being drafted and how he was a fan favorite etc.).

Probably because we're not missing Boozer nearly as much as Matthews?
Probably because Boozer misses a ton of games with injuries and is only getting older (and more expensive)?
Probably because Millsap and Jefferson are good enough. While AK and Raja have been complete disasters?

Oh, and by the way, Wes has nearly outscored AK and Raja (combined) this year. Has Boozer outscored Al and Millsap? The answer is that he's over 200 points behind Jefferson and Millsap, rebounding, and nearly every other statistical category imaginable.

https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=49
https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=434
https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=4032

We miss Wes a lot more than we miss Carlos.

Sloanfeld, also not saying this is the case but just because your butt hurt that people talk about Mathews or that nobody talks about Booz (except negatively) doesn't make it right that you spam posts about how great Booz is while bringing down the Jazz or it's players.
It'd be like being mad that your neighbors blast pop music all night all the while your always blasting 80's classic rock.