What's new

Jazz vs Grizzlies 7:08 pm MST Root Sports

Love the fact somebody is showing Marvin the Ronnie Brewer tapes. Nice cuts on the baseline from him. Now stop posting him altogether and stop running him off curls. The guy can't do those things or even dribble. Just stash him in the corner for 3's and run weak side stuff so he can either cut or shoot. He can be so good at those two things that nothing else matters.

Mo Williams needs to be a 2. I'm not sure we shouldn't try a Tinsley/Mo Will backcourt to start, even with Tinsley's deficiencies on defense, even after watching Tinsley shoot tonight. I think Mo would be an upgrade on Foye defending the 2, and he'd definitely contribute more to the offense from that spot. Would it offset Tinsley? I don't know. But I'm done with Mo/Foye.

Mo Williams needs to be a 2. I'm not sure we shouldn't try a Tinsley/Mo Will backcourt to start, even with Tinsley's deficiencies on defense, even after watching Tinsley shoot tonight. I think Mo would be an upgrade on Foye defending the 2, and he'd definitely contribute more to the offense from that spot. Would it offset Tinsley? I don't know. But I'm done with Mo/Foye.

Unfortunately....

And I can think of another duo we should consider breaking up.

The biggest problem we have on offense is we are not at all dynamic when the ball goes into the post. This is not just Al. It's Sap/Favors/Kanter. I have no idea what Ty is trying to run on post plays. The idea is to give the post man space to work, but to move without the ball. At least one player has to come on the post's side for an outlet. At least one player has to cut. We just run Iso's and rebound. And that's no matter who is in the post.

You are right it is not just Al. But it is mostly Al. And it is largely an Al-based offense which kills the offense for the rest of the players. Corbin says we are an inside-out offense. I see the inside part, but since Slow Al has been here I have not seen the outside part. Why do the Jazz keep beating their heads against this wall, especially after having recently seen the light of the other side?

You are right it is not just Al. But it is mostly Al. And it is largely an Al-based offense which kills the offense for the rest of the players. Corbin says we are an inside-out offense. I see the inside part, but since Slow Al has been here I have not seen the outside part. Why do the Jazz keep beating their heads against this wall, especially after having recently seen the light of the other side?

We are inside out when Jeffy is in the game. We are a perimeter team when Jeffy is on the bench.