What's new

Jazz vs Grizzlies 7:08 pm MST Root Sports

It's time to move Foye over to the backup 1. Get rid of Tinsely, or Watson.
Play Burks more.
Break up Sap, and Big Al.

Mo Williams didn't deliver tonight. He couldn't get us going, and he didn't take shots. Conley took him out of his game.

15 Fast Break Points in the 1st half
0 in the 2nd half

How many minutes did Jefferson play in the 2nd half - 19 of 24 I want to say.

Al is what he is--an offensive player who cadillacs on defense. It's not his fault when Corbin keeps calling for him to post up and no one else can get or hit an open look.

On defense, look at the difference on the boards. We got outhustled all over the floor.

Would you like to see Big Al paired with Favors more?

Big Al is flat out lazy on defense too much. You have to see that dude. He watches people go to the rim, he's one of the worst pick n roll defenders, etc.
I hope you can see that. He does have an offensive game. I just can't stand to see him and Sap play together so much, esp against elite top teams.

It's time to move Foye over to the backup 1. Get rid of Tinsely, or Watson.
Play Burks more.
Break up Sap, and Big Al.

Let's just committ to the youth to see who we should keep and who we should trade.

At this rate , we will finish 8th at best. With Youth , we will be 8-11. Not a big difference. Thing is , after you commit to youth, STICK with it.

Here are my starters:

1. Mo (relucatntly...hope we can trade Al for someone better)
2. Burks
3. Hayward
4. Favors
5. Kanter

At this rate all our young guns have been inconsistent. Some(Burks) have not been given a fair chance.

Let roll with these 5 STARTING & FINISHING games with at least 26 mins/nite each. We need to know what we have.

I have a feeling we will play more fun ball and actually close strong after starting 10 games slow.....

I think we should have gone to our Big-3 line-up and made Rudy Gay try to beat us.

Marvin was a wuss tonight offensively, and we needed Favors/Al or Al/Kanter to match up with their bigs.

Millsap could have played SF.

I think Corbin wanted to run, but their transition defense and rebounding was too good.

Edit: They got 11 more FGA due to their rebounding.

Let's just committ to the youth to see who we should keep and who we should trade.

At this rate , we will finish 8th at best. With Youth , we will be 8-11. Not a big difference. Thing is , after you commit to youth, STICK with it.

Here are my starters:

1. Mo (relucatntly...hope we can trade Al for someone better)
2. Burks
3. Hayward
4. Favors
5. Kanter

At this rate all our young guns have been inconsistent. Some(Burks) have not been given a fair chance.

Let roll with these 5 STARTING & FINISHING games with at least 26 mins/nite each. We need to know what we have.

I have a feeling we will play more fun ball and actually close strong after starting 10 games slow.....

It's hard waiting for the future. We know a lot of these vets won't be here next year.

We also may ruin our relationship with Burks. Completely burying him on the end of the bench might be too much for him to get past.
He might just move on when his time comes up.

They made defensive adjustments at halftime. Tony Allen basically shut down Hayward. Gasol and Randolph did a good job on Jefferson. They gave open looks to Marvin Williams and Jamal Tinsley. The result: 10 pts. in the 3rd quarter. They carved us up.

And that is when the coach is supposed to make offensive adjustments in the flow of the game to negate the defensive adjustments.

Would you like to see Big Al paired with Favors more?

Big Al is flat out lazy on defense too much. You have to see that dude. He watches people go to the rim, he's one of the worst pick n roll defenders, etc.
I hope you can see that. He does have an offensive game. I just can't stand to see him and Sap play together so much, esp against elite top teams.

Yeah, Al's weak on 'D', but I'm used to seeing Okur, Boozer, and even Millsap get run over, so I don't notice too much. There would have been no harm in giving Kanter more minutes tonight. He had good energy and was playing efficiently.

And that is when the coach is supposed to make offensive adjustments in the flow of the game to negate the defensive adjustments.

Yeah, but our offense doesn't have much ability to adjust. Either we play through Al, or we speed up the game, swing the ball or make cuts. We don't have much offensive versatility. We have guys who can score only in certain spots and certain situations.

Edit: Al, Kanter and Hayward are the only guys we can isolate. Memphis shut down the first two, and Corbin shut down the third. Sometimes we can isolate Millsap, but its when he's going against a player with limited length and quickness, and when he's feeling it from mid-range.

Yeah, Al's weak on 'D', but I'm used to seeing Okur, Boozer, and even Millsap get run over, so I don't notice too much. There would have been no harm in giving Kanter more minutes tonight. He had good energy and was playing efficiently.

Kanter looked good, especially in the 1st half. A few nice low post moves were impressive. He was really playing hard.

He really needs to focus on defense as well if he wants to be a starter for us somewhere down the line.

Carroll only one who gave a damn

WTF and whats with Kanter ?

----------------------------

Big AL was burned up by Corbin again, Kanter with a great start against Marc Gasol, but after that he gets only 4 minutes in the 2nd half of the game.

Enes Kanter on his last 9 games...

10 points on 59 percent shooting, 5 Rebounds and also with 80 percent freethrow shooting in 17 minutes per game. What can this 20 year old young guy do, to earn more minutes on an average NBA-Rooster ?

Bottom line: Memphis is a good defensive team. Their defense on the perimeter is really good with Conley, Allen and Gay, and their defense inside is pretty good with Gasol and Randolph.

Yeah, but our offense doesn't have much ability to adjust. Either we play through Al, or we speed up the game, swing the ball or make cuts. We don't have much offensive versatility. We have guys who can score only in certain spots and certain situations.

Edit: Al, Kanter and Hayward are the only guys we can isolate. Memphis shut down the first two, and Corbin shut down the third. Sometimes we can isolate Millsap, but its when he's going against a player with limited length and quickness, and when he's feeling it from mid-range.

Yeah i was alluding to the fact that corbin didnt put kanter back in early enough.

Memphis is a better team than we are. I don't think we're beating them anytime soon, unless our shooters go automatic.

Al led the team in scoring and rebounding, and he basically neutralized Marc Gasol. It wasn't a great game, but he had a better game than Mo, Foye, Hayward, Favors and arguably Millsap. So no, he doesn't deserve the blame for the loss.

Kanter did a much better job of neutralizing Gasol than Jefferson did.

I'm done harping on Jefferson. We know what he does and we know that he will not change anything dramatically. My fight is with Corbin. Did Jefferson "earn" those 34 minutes that he played? I would say no. Kanter looked absolutely amazing out there in the very few minutes that he was given. Corbin needs to grow a pair and teach some lessons by benching guys when they are not giving their all to the team.

Tinsley looked terrible from the beginning. Corbin should have done something about that immediately. Corbin is the enemy.