What's new

Jazz vs Grizzlies 7:08 pm MST Root Sports

Are you that much of a coward? Really?

Did Big Al have a good game, yes or no?

Al led the team in scoring and rebounding, and he basically neutralized Marc Gasol. It wasn't a great game, but he had a better game than Mo, Foye, Hayward, Favors and arguably Millsap. So no, he doesn't deserve the blame for the loss.

Are you that blind? I was and still am at the game. This game is ten millions times on Marv Foye and Tinsleys shoulders especially with that killer missed layup, went from 2 pt to 6pt deficit

I never said they werent to blame as well. They are all to blame.
My only point about Big Al was that he was horrible on defense, and didn't play well in the 2nd half.

not hard to lead the team in scoring and rebounds when you get the most game time, and most shot attempts

This team is so average it's pathetic. Worst position to be in basketball not elite not horrible. Start the youth movement.

So frustrating over all. Favors looked a step slow out of shape and his normal stellar D was completely absent. Mo and Millsap looked like they mailed it in from the start. Carroll only one who gave a damn

To me it was obvious the chucking in thr early third instead of going to basket cost us te game

The big difference in the box score is Zach Randolph obliterating our bigs with points and rebounds, and a lot of that was against Millsap. Also, Conley's on-the-ball defense and their interior defense took us out of our offense. They just beat our a**.

he basically neutralized Marc Gasol.

Not on a few key plays late in the game. This is crazy to think Big Al was nothing but horrible on defense.
Take off the homer glasses.

I'm not saying this loss is on Big Al alone, but he didn't play well tonight. -19 says it all.
Empty offensive pts again.

The Grizz out-scored the Jazz by 25 in the 2nd half and out-rebounded the Jazz by 15 for the game. That's partly Al's fault, but everyone shares the blame.

Do you even watch these games?

Al kills the offense and is a poor defensive player. He doesn't get to the line as a Center.

Jefferson with 7 rebounds... 3 of which were missed FTs by the Grizz and one offensive off of his own miss. So technically he had 3 rebounds that were not 'gimmies'.

Fans that defend Jefferson either are blind or just don't remember what a fluid offense looks like. Oh wait, go watch the Raptors game when he was out and you will see it.

1. BigAl black hole offense just sucks the energy from the team. No flow. Then, he gets triple teamed and still won't pass the ball. Wow!

2. Coaching - Ty NEVER tries anything. Start the 2nd unit in the 3rd quarter, play Burks, play Kanter longer than 14 minutes when he is 4/4 in beast mode.

Let's start with these 2 moves (Trade Al for a real PG and replace Ty with a real Coach)

They made defensive adjustments at halftime. Tony Allen basically shut down Hayward. Gasol and Randolph did a good job on Jefferson. They gave open looks to Marvin Williams and Jamal Tinsley. The result: 10 pts. in the 3rd quarter. They carved us up.

The big difference in the box score is Zach Randolph obliterating our bigs with points and rebounds, and a lot of that was against Millsap. Also, Conley's on-the-ball defense and their interior defense took us out of our offense. They just beat our a**.

The difference was Gasol did in the 2nd half what Jefferson did all game. He was scoreless with no attempts in the first half.

2. Coaching - Ty NEVER tries anything. Start the 2nd unit in the 3rd quarter, play Burks, play Kanter longer than 14 minutes when he is 4/4 in beast mode.

Agreed. This team was dead in the 2nd half from last nights game. This game was dying for Burks to be subbed in.

See that wasn't so hard. And yes there is plenty of blame to go around. I agree that Foye, Marvin, and Sap also played a huge roll in the loss tonight.

Al is what he is--an offensive player who cadillacs on defense. It's not his fault when Corbin keeps calling for him to post up and no one else can get or hit an open look.

On defense, look at the difference on the boards. We got outhustled all over the floor.

They made defensive adjustments at halftime. Tony Allen basically shut down Hayward. Gasol and Randolph did a good job on Jefferson. They gave open looks to Marvin Williams and Jamal Tinsley. The result: 10 pts. in the 3rd quarter. They carved us up.

You mean they have a coach that knows basketball .... huh ... what a concept