What's new

Jazz vs GS....wouldn't miss it for the world!

I don’t understand why Ricky and Donovan’s chemistry beams don’t guide the ball into the hoop more often.

They’re such great pals after all, and that’s what matters.

I don’t understand why Ricky and Donovan’s chemistry beams don’t guide the ball into the hoop more often.

They’re such great pals after all, and that’s what matters.

Jazz starting guards made 17 shots, so did Warriors starting guards. Jazz took 46 shots, Warriors only 33.

If not for Rudy anchoring an incredible defense the Jazz would be sunk. Donovan's game must mature or he risks being dubbed a flash pan chucker.

Watching that highlight video I saw ALOT of jazz players yelling at each other.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Great take.

Yep. Mitchell needs help. Just like every player in history. Thank you for posting this otherwise we might’ve thought Mitchell was the exception to every player in history and didn’t need help.
It wasn't meant to be anything more than a simple common sense post. It wasn't meant to start some huge debate. The funny thing is you added even less than I did THEN you proceed to agree with my original post stating that "Donovan can't do it every single night"? Bloody hell.

Wrong lineup choice in the final minutes from Quin Imo. Ingles and Korver were ineffective all game long. Rubio was... Rubio. I would have liked to have seen
DM/Royce/Crowder/Favors/Rudy

I couldn't believe Royce wasn't on the floor at the end of the game for us.

I know GS had tough matchups for us and their defense was limiting opportunities for our key players but it was amazing we were as close in this game as we were.

When Rubio has more shot attempts than our most efficient shooters: Ingles/Korver/Gobert/O'Neale COMBINED, that is not a good sign.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe Royce wasn't on the floor at the end of the game for us.

I know GS had tough match ups for us and their defense was limited opportunities for our key players but it was amazing we were as close in this game as we were.

When Rubio has more shot attempts than our most efficient shooters: Ingles/Korver/Gobert/O'Neale COMBINED, that is not a good sign.

Jingles had 2 shot attempts. Donovan had 29.

And I gotta say, so nice to see Favors sprinting up and down the court and making explosive blocks and dunks. Those days of loafing and lingering injuries seem far away now.

I admit I didn't watch the whole game but it seems like the Jazz played tough. Looking at the box score what sticks out is the poor shooting of our guards DM and Ricky. Donovan can not be shooting 34 percent if the Jazz are going to beat a team like GS. He missed a lot of easy shots when in the first quarter. Why did Rudy only get 5 shots? I am encouraged by the game. I don't think anyone can beat the Warriors in 7 games but I think the Warriors know they have to play well to beat the Jazz. I could see us winning 2 games against them.
DM took some really bad shots too, contested early in the SC, no one set for rebounds. We also did a poor job setting up the big men. Really was a winnable game, that's what is frustrating. Bad defensive lapses at the end too. Should have left Royce and NATO in longer.

Jazz gave themselves a chance to win it. Sometimes that all you can ask for. If the loss is going to be put on anyone it has to be Coach. He had 3 quarters to make adjustments and he roles out the same unit that was terrible and dug the hole in the 1st... Ricky is solid though-out the game ***usually*** at this point we know what we have... You can't have Ricky in with DM dominating the ball. Ricky man will just play off of him and play 4 on 5. IDk, I'd like to think quinn knows better then us.... But i am starting to think we are all experts on this board and we should collectively coach the Jazz!

If you think about it, are closing line up had 2 shooters... and thats if you consider DM a shooter. i love the kid but he has not been efficient from deep this year. honestly, he hasn't been super efficient from anywhere. but he pressures the D and makes them move and that has value.

Coach needs to make those adjustments. it was a complaint i had with Sloan for years. Get off the set rotation an run the hot hands. Neto or royce would have been better options in the closing minutes.

#RantOver #OnToTheNextOne #ItsJustOneGame

Watching that highlight video I saw ALOT of jazz players yelling at each other.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I don't see this as such a bad thing. I don't think they are necessarily angry at each other, just letting people know where they need to be and what they are messing up on. Everyone was really engaged last night and quite bit of this is communication coach is always preaching.

We are getting nothing nadda from our end of the bench players now. Why not bring Naz and Cavanaugh up and give them a chance? Someone down in pine rider land needs to step up.

We are getting nothing nadda from our end of the bench players now. Why not bring Naz and Cavanaugh up and give them a chance? Someone down in pine rider land needs to step up.
Neto was fantastic that game. No one else at the end of the bench played.

Jingles had 2 shot attempts. Donovan had 29.

With how the roster is constructed, Donovan is given the green light. If he doesn't, many times the ball ends up with Rubio. I would rather Donovan force stuff than Rubio.

Donovan took 29 shots yet only 3 free throw attempts. Pretty much bs, but that's the NBA.

I've got no problem with Mitchell's gren light. He's the franchise guard. He's got to be the sword bearer, learn to be efficient with his skills out there. It takes time.
That said, he needs to pull up or float his mid range game a little bit more, and better understand how to go for contact and finish close to the rim. His motion has been a little bit slow to close plays this year... kind of overthinking probably.

DM has been carrying a heavy load all season. There needs to be a contribution like Neto gave for others as well. I think a rested Spidy makes some of thse missed shots.

The Warriors defensive game plan worked to perfection. They sagged way off of Rubio and let him fire away and then completely smothered our efficient shooters.

DM has been carrying a heavy load all season. There needs to be a contribution like Neto gave for others as well. I think a rested Spidy makes some of thse missed shots.
Look the facts are Donovan doesn't play good against elite teams yet. He hasn't all year. Sure he dominates bad teams. But the jazz don't need that