What's new

Jazz @ Warriors - 8:00 PM MT Sunday - ESPN

you blame Hayward for playing soft yet he get's hacked on the head with no call and you tell me to cry harder. I said the jazz suck tonight. It doesn't mean I have to like the one sided calls.

I agree, we can't buy a call in the paint, don't worry about the pseudo-jazz fans giving you a hard time...

You can quote me on this later:
I've officially lost interest in this team. Barring a miraculous trade, there is no way we can beat the top 3 or 4 teams in the West in a 7 game series. A first- or second-round exit is locked in.

81 points versus the W-A-R-R-I-O-R-S. yup.

second-round exit is locked in.

Based on what bro? 2nd round? You've got to be kidding me. There is no way this team gets anywhere near the 2nd round and the implication that the team would is a slap in the face of fellow Jazz fans. How dare you. You son of a bitch.

just a totally inept offense without Deron out there, this team is painful to watch how we can go through horrible stretches on offense.

we are beating ourselves in these games, 37% from the field against that defense...............pukes

Now we're really in trouble. Even with Deron not out there to ruin everything, the Jazz looked bad!

But seriously, pitiful game.

Miles is making a strong case to be a starter

2-11 for 7 points with just 1 assist/reb.

At this rate it might take Sloan another 3 years to consider starting Miles ahead of Bell

Lineup-wise, I dont think there is much that Coach Sloan can do. We just don't have the talent to compete IMO. After our quick start, teams have figured us out and have adjusted. Our guys have shown that they either haven't or cannot adjust to that. Since I don't have any confidence in our FO as far as drafting is concerned, I'm not sure what direction I think this team should go. I'd love to say "blow it up" but that is easier said than done. If DWill decides to leave then fine, he is not the Utah Jazz. I just want the Utah Jazz to be better and at least competetive in games. I guess I'll just have to be resigned to frustration for now.

be patient is all i can say. we have a player with a massive expiring contract, what we do with that extra cap space can only make our team better.

also you can only hope over time memo get's healthy, it does worry me he is missing more and more games after we thought he had recovered

Lineup-wise, I dont think there is much that Coach Sloan can do. We just don't have the talent to compete IMO. After our quick start, teams have figured us out and have adjusted. Our guys have shown that they either haven't or cannot adjust to that. Since I don't have any confidence in our FO as far as drafting is concerned, I'm not sure what direction I think this team should go. I'd love to say "blow it up" but that is easier said than done. If DWill decides to leave then fine, he is not the Utah Jazz. I just want the Utah Jazz to be better and at least competetive in games. I guess I'll just have to be resigned to frustration for now.

Not just now. If you are a longtime Jazz fan you would realize by now that this has been the story for ever. As long as this thing is run by the Millers the Jazz philosophy is going to be- do as much as possible to field a team that qualifies for the playoffs. Beyond that, anything extra should be just a bonus. Championship ain't worth shaking up things or breaking the bank. Fan base loyalty and franchise stability is the bottomline. Fielding a "competetive" team that makes the playoffs is the business goal. Championship can just be like a nice icing on the cake, whenever it comes.

Man Millsap seemed particularly poor this game especially defensively I know Lee is going to get his points but it was his help and P&R D that disappointed me the most, one play that sticks out was a P&R (I think near end of 3rd Qtr) Lee screened of Watson very well and Millsap did the Boozer waive and olay, he did not follow Curry or even get back to his man (Lee) he just stood at the 3 point line and watched.

Also the Jazz bench was particularly poor some of it is because Watson is starting and not helping the bench get going but if you (CJ, Price, Hayward, Elson) cannot out play Bell, well not much more to say on that.

Bell actually had a decent game, as wide open as he is he still needs to hit more shots and he still had a few bone headed plays but it was an improvement compared to his usual play this season.

be patient is all i can say. we have a player with a massive expiring contract, what we do with that extra cap space can only make our team better.

I want to agree with you, but I fear the only thing to come from all that extra cap space will be extra $$$ in the Millers bank account.

Man, everything started going to hell after Raja missed that long-ball that would have tied the game at 64-all. Oh, well. Let's regroup for Charlotte tonight, though I have a hunch we will drop the game without D-Will. The Bobbies are a pretty good team as of late - and fun to watch to boot.

I want to agree with you, but I fear the only thing to come from all that extra cap space will be extra $$$ in the Millers bank account.

Which helps the team in the long run. You run a win now at all costs franchise and you run the risk of becoming the Knicks (although the Knicks are finally improving a bit) or the Cavs if it doesn't work...which it only does for 1/32 teams each year.

Not just now. If you are a longtime Jazz fan you would realize by now that this has been the story for ever. As long as this thing is run by the Millers the Jazz philosophy is going to be- do as much as possible to field a team that qualifies for the playoffs. Beyond that, anything extra should be just a bonus. Championship ain't worth shaking up things or breaking the bank. Fan base loyalty and franchise stability is the bottomline. Fielding a "competetive" team that makes the playoffs is the business goal. Championship can just be like a nice icing on the cake, whenever it comes.
I can't speak for Greg, but Larry put on some displays that looked pretty passionate to me. I don't know the Miller's personally to comment on the reason for that, but it sure looked like he wanted a ring. I'm assuming you don't have that kind of inside information either. Let the man RIP.

As far as the current team goes, we are still very much in a funk. We are making baby steps progress. This ship is not going to turn on a dime. IMHO it will be lucky to see them go on a tear after the all-star game. That's right, we are not a top contender this year. It's very cliche around here, but maybe next year.