What's new

Jazz @ Warriors - 8:00 PM MT Sunday - ESPN

The Jazz are not an average defensive team, they are really bad. Any team with a decent execution, patience will have a chance to shoot a high % shot. Their offense is just above average. BigAl and Millsap are the major reasons why the Jazz offense has had trouble all year long. They just cannot dominate and dictate the game inside from the start. The Jazz become a 1-on-1 with 10secs team. Raja and CJ might be the most inefficient SG-SF combo in entire league. And none of those has anything to do with whether Fesenko is getting mins or not, by the way. BigAl is really inefficient. That hurts the Jazz build any kind of inside-outside scoring/threat balance.

Not a bad finish there, thanks to AK's effort at the end. We can still win this thing if the Jazz play the second half like they did the last few mins of the 2nd quarter. Come on guys

The Jazz settled down and played pretty well to finish out the quarter, that was good to see. I like that AK is playing confidently and within himself tonight.

Thank you Ronnie and Earl for heart attacks I have whenever you try to push the ball initiating the offense.

Fortunately for us, the score is 45-49. Monta has not even scored. I wish the Jazz could make us feel confident about their defense. That's what keeps them from getting any sort of concrete leads over teams.

"Lil" Al Jefferson cannot score on true centers. Biedrins looks like the defensive player of the year against him!

"Lil" Al Jefferson cannot score on true centers. Biedrins looks like the defensive player of the year against him!

Yeah, little Al is making a liar out of me as of late...

You know... I kind of hope that Sloan tries a different lineup when Deron comes back... Watson at the point, Williams at the 2, Kirilenko, Milsap, and Jefferson... I just think that this would maximize both Derons and Watsons attributes because unlike Williams, Watson is kind of a pass first guy, which makes him more effective in this offense. Deron is more of a dribble drive guy and a shooter, and he's brilliant coming off of screens and getting open for easy jumpers...

But Watson cuts to the basket much better than Deron IMO and he plays much better man on man defense... Deron gets lazy in this area sometimes and point guards are able to break him down, draw the help defense and kick the ball out to the open man...

I think Deron covering guys playing the 2 would help him because I seem to notice that faster and quicker PGs tend to eat his lunch as if there is one thing in this game that is lacking a bit at the 1 is his speed... If he plays the two, he would play against taller guys which would help him a bit more stealing the basketball when they drive the lane because of his low center of gravity...

I don't know, what do you guys think??

Well Bell clanked his first two shots and I started to get pissed but he came back and actually made a few shots. Watson was horrible. Our defense was embarrassing and the refs just let AJ and Millsap get hammered with no calls. The Jazz are a really poor jumpshooting team. I thought they tried very hard and did a good job cutting the gap to only four points.

I am leary that Ellis hasn't scored. I hope the Jazz can pull this out because they need to win games like this even if DW is out. I would like to see Evans play a little in the second half. Where the heck is Fes? Does he still have a sinus infection?

well bell clanked his first two shots and i started to get pissed but he came back and actually made a few shots.

yeah, but he's still missing wide open threes and you have to make those at the 2 spot.

watson was horrible.

how do you figure, he's been a beast on defense and staying right with his man on the dribble drive.. And the guy has made a few open 3s, so i don't know what you're talking about here...

our defense was embarrassing and the refs just let aj and millsap get hammered with no calls. The jazz are a really poor jumpshooting team. I thought they tried very hard and did a good job cutting the gap to only four points.

what did i say about the fouls about a week ago... The calls are no longer going our way, we're going to have to earn every thing we get...

i am leary that ellis hasn't scored. I hope the jazz can pull this out because they need to win games like this even if dw is out. I would like to see evans play a little in the second half. Where the heck is fes? Does he still have a sinus infection?

i really like fess play when he's in there but it's starting to look as though he's a bit of a wuss... And sloan i'm sure hates that...

jmo

Ronnie Price and Raja Bell are absolutely terrible.

Anyone saying Watson has sucked tonight doesn't know **** about basketball.

Ronnie Price and Raja Bell are absolutely terrible.

Anyone saying Watson has sucked tonight doesn't know **** about basketball.

Raja is one of the few Jazz players that is working hard out there. I agree that he hasn't been very good this season but he is playing well tonight. Millsap is the one struggling out there.

Raja is one of the few Jazz players that is working hard out there. I agree that he hasn't been very good this season but he is playing well tonight. Millsap is the one struggling out there.

Your job at the 2 guard position is to either break down the defense or make the open perimeter jumper... Which Bell does neither.... The only thing he is consistent at is playing lock down defense...

Even without Williams, it's clear that there needs to be a shakeup. Ship AK out. Package Raja and Price. Anything to get more athletic/talented.

Your job at the 2 guard position is to either break down the defense or make the open perimeter jumper... Which Bell does neither.... The only thing he is consistent at is playing lock down defense...

You know... The thing that I'm really tired of seeing is guys playing like crap and at the end of a quarter, at a time out, or whatever, they mosey on to the bench laughing as if it were a big joke or something!

These guys are lucky I don't coach because if I saw that, I wouldn't care who you were you would be riding the pine! I've seen Deron do it a couple of games ago and now I see Big Al doing it at the end of the 3rd!

You watch your championship calibur teams players when they're down and I don't see those guys laughing, in fact they're all business... Do these guys think that their lackluster play is a big joke or something??!!

The Jazz continue to play like they would rather be in the lottery than the playoffs. When did the Jazz start playing 1v5 ball on offense?