What's new

Jazz @ Warriors - Gamethread

You know why our offense looked so bad? It's because Hayward had a bad game. We are back to the point where the offensive is completely reliant on Hayward, even though we have Burks. If Hayward isn't perfect, the Jazz suffer because Burks (or Hood) hasn't turned the corner and become a consistent player who can make his teammates better.

Anyway. I'm disgusted with the effort tonight, it was deplorably sloppy - watch the replay.. this game was infact winnable.. I'll say it.

this is a damn experiment with a great bunch of PR/ conniving bologna to fool the customers for yet another season, not an NBA playoff team(which could've easily been constructed in the offseason),, all I needed to see was the Pleiss and Ingles contract #'s to know that they weren't pinching pennies to actually max out the talent here, I also called that they'd pull the plug on any playoff run if they had the injury excuse available...

I'll cya's in the offseason, the FO was #satisfied, not #hungry during Free agency-- The result is yet another season in the lottery... Jazz were a top priority for me watching games, not after tonight. I've seen this type of movie before!!

The 76ers have 3 championships, complain about their tank all you want, they have 3 championships. this Jazz team has as many championships as an expansion team, but they've convinced a good amount of fans on their cake baking skills and ****.... They've made good picks sure, but they could've done better, there's no reason to sit around and admire your work. they need to get better, and not internally, everyone needs to get better internally -- Obviously.

Players are being showcased for trades right now, this isn't the proper rotation at all.

Didn't get a chance to watch this one. Did anyone even remotely hard foul Curry? If you want to win you have to rough him up. Period. I'd have a guy whose sole job in the rotation is to foul Curry hard twice and then pull him back out of the game. Maybe Millsap since he can't help but foul all the time anyways.

If Steph Curry is taking between 2-4 hard fouls per game it's going to wear on him and his slight frame by the end of the year. For that reason alone I wish we had Dellavedova. An enforcer in the back-court with some nasty to him. Mix it up. May not help tonight, but could pay big dividends down the road.

We are back to the point where the offensive is completely reliant on Hayward
If our team was comprised of Hayward plus 14 other players homeytennis selected for the team, then yes, I would agree. However, we have one of the best young power forwards in the league and he is nearly unstoppable in the post. We don't have to be reliant on Hayward. That's the point. We could be so much better if our offense revolved around Favors.

If Hayward isn't perfect, the Jazz suffer because Burks (or Hood) hasn't turned the corner and become a consistent player who can make his teammates better.
How hypocritical is this statement? It's important that other players on the team become consistent (which I agree with) but isn't it also important for our star/leader/all-star to also be consistent? Why isn't Hayward called out for not making his teammates better? Isn't that what "stars" are supposed to do?

Wow, didn't see that coming. PGAB just went Thriller on this Jazz team. Well,it was sort of like Thriller, a bit more reasoning, a little less venom.

I know Alec burks has only played 5800 minutes in his 5 seasons(for comparison, Klay Thompson has played over 10,000), but when can I start expecting Alec to perform on a regular basis?

The Jazz got the 3 and 12 pick in that draft, and they drafted Todd MuCulloch and Tyus Edney. Franchises don't recover from those mistakes easily.

If our team was comprised of Hayward plus 14 other players homeytennis selected for the team, then yes, I would agree. However, we have one of the best young power forwards in the league and he is nearly unstoppable in the post. We don't have to be reliant on Hayward. That's the point. We could be so much better if our offense revolved around Favors.

How hypocritical is this statement? It's important that other players on the team become consistent (which I agree with) but isn't it also important for our star/leader/all-star to also be consistent? Why isn't Hayward called out for not making his teammates better? Isn't that what "stars" are supposed to do?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Favors is out of shape.

At this point, I wouldn't consider drafting a PG under 6'4". The way the league is going, small PGs can hardly get much done on either end.

In the first quarter, GS's first 10 pts were all basically exploiting Neto.
Ya I agree.... Unless that shorty is a rare talent

Can you tell me a question I have for you? Do you have friends in life? And I know it sounds mean for me to say it, but I am try and understand who you are on the inside. Ok?
Lol

That was because he got locked down, which is not what happened to Hayward tonight. Did you see that coast-to-coast attempt? **** was pathetic, he dribbled into traffic and lost the ball and his balance...

the truth is The jazz started well, things went slightly wrong in the 1st quarter, and they CRUMBLED -- The Warriors didn;t step on their neck and end it early. But they never needed to, the Jazz offense was an embarrassment tonight, deflect all the blame on individuals you want.

The collective effort, coaches and their rotations and adjustments included, was pathetic tonight. They looked like a team ready to take a beating, the second **** went awry in the 1st. I know for a fact that their better than that, I wouldn't be quick to make excuses for them though 0 let's see how they respond, they got taken to the woodshed.

I bet there's a negative carryover next gae from this, this STUNK.

Hayward looked really bad last night. Maybe he is about to come down with the flu or something. I actually thought the Jazz played half decent last night. I kept telling my son they needed to keep the lead down to single digits and they almost did that for much of the game.

You know why our offense looked so bad? It's because Hayward had a bad game. We are back to the point where the offensive is completely reliant on Hayward, even though we have Burks. If Hayward isn't perfect, the Jazz suffer because Burks (or Hood) hasn't turned the corner and become a consistent player who can make his teammates better.
Good post. I do think we should use favors more often though

All I want for Christmas is Rudy mutha ****ing Gobert

everytime Hayward has a chance to make a big momentum changing shot...he puts up a brick.

Beyond an off game for him....plus like you said looked like he was tripping on his &&ck all night.

These games happen, at least it happened on a L game anyway.... The next several are key to get.

We ar playing the team with the best start in NBA history, repeating world champs, at home without two of our starters and folks here are acting like its a game we had no business loosing.

News flash, last year we were not in the playoffs and everyone was saying they would be happy with a playoff spot. Jazz are still in a playoff spot despite injuries and one of the most difficult schedules in the NBA.

The kids will be OK.