What's new

Jazz Writers Twitter Space

Why do they need to put on a happy face? They’re reporters. They could have probably eased their stress by not feeling it’s their job to attempt to change the direction the river flows.
Why wasn't this reported back in Feb? Access? It's weird how "reporting" has changed over the years. Before, reporters probed for stories. Now? Reporters hide stories out of fear of losing access. Their job shouldn't require them being friends with players or providing the franchise with propaganda while burying important news and views about the team.

Sidenote: Remember all the gaslighting folks like David Locke gave us this spring when fans noticed a lot of these things?

I think the truth juice was flowing. Forrest may have been symptomatic of what was wrong with the Jazz. An undrafted dude that couldn't shoot, on a two way for two seasons yet never playing a second for the Stars in that time and he was Quin's security blanket. Management thought so highly of his abilities they told him buh bye at the first opportunity.

Basically the entire team outside of Rudy could have given more effort on defense so I guess the entire team quit huh?

Remember, Rudy is the only guy who ever tried...

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes, the entire team quit on him. Poor Rudy.
I’m really ready to move forward as much as possible, but my read is and was for MONTHS exactly that the team quit. Like… I thought that was common knowledge. It’s the primary reason the fan base has been so up in arms, at least from everything I’ve seen.

And with all the sober sincerity in the world, what I saw is that Gobert quit the least. Even with all of his warts - and they are substantial - people appreciate that he clearly gives a ton of effort.

Sarah was definitely feeling good. Tony said he was drinking Crystal Light. Andy didn't say, but seemed to get much more jolly as the conversation rolled.
I really thought they were about to let a lot loose, but then realized a lot of national people were listening.

I also thought it was hilarious how they just left Eric Walden out until he started listening and they noticed he wasn’t involved lol.

It was obvious to anyone that there were chemistry issues with the Jazz. You don't have that many second half blown leads if the team is working together. I never felt like any lead was safe when the Jazz were ahead. I remember saying to myself, the Jazz are going to lose this game even when they were up by 20 pts. I am glad Danny is clearing house to start a new era in Jazz basketball. Quin did a good job for the most part but his two major weaknesses were his inability to make adjustments especially in the playoffs and his playing favorites with certain players. However, the real issue was DL inability to make good choices on contracts and draft picks. I am glad the Jazz are starting over and hopefully will get it right this time.

I really thought they were about to let a lot loose, but then realized a lot of national people were listening.

I also thought it was hilarious how they just left Eric Walden out until he started listening and they noticed he wasn’t involved lol.
I can't imagine that Andy/Sarah's sources in the building are very happy with them.

I will say to all those asking why the writers weren't out there pounding the drum incessantly that the season was a lost cause from January on: I think the writers also recognized that the players wanted it to change (they explicitly said that the players hoped it would change and were making efforts as individuals, but that it just never came together for the group) and that maybe there was some chance that it could (ie Boston). They probably didn't want to write the obituary until it was actually clear that a turnaround was not going to happen. (Plus, it's probably a little harder in the moment to recognize when the discord has passed beyond the normal discord that every team experiences to something more fatal for the chances of the team. Those judgments are always better made retrospectively.)

Last edited:
Clarkson seems like a kind of guy that is filling the Joe role. He’s being a company man and repping the ****** jerseys and making himself available. He seems to be the kind of guy that tries to get along with everyone. Not sure how accountability might come into play with a new coach, but he did understand his role under Quin and he did what he was told to do. He’s the kind of veteran that makes sense to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's one of the most personally likeable players in Jazz history. Like I really want him to succeed, even if his chucking can frustrate me at times. Still, there were times where it seemed like at least he wasn't afraid to shoot and get the be Jazz back in a game

Yeah, I didn't get that either. I think people are going to be happy with Beasly, if he sticks around. Dude can create his own shot and he shoots the three much better than Clarkson.
I didn't fully catch that part, but I think one of the takeaways may be that Andy suggests tanking. He thinks Clarkson getting more minutes is great for tanking and that Beasely getting more is less good for tanking. (Maybe?)

I didn't fully catch that part, but I think one of the takeaways may be that Andy suggests tanking. He thinks Clarkson getting more minutes is great for tanking and that Beasely getting more is less good for tanking. (Maybe?)
That sounds about right. I was one drink behind Sarah.

Yes, essentially Beasley starting doesn’t help us be bad.

I will say to all those asking why the writers weren't out there pounding the drum incessantly that the season was a lost cause from January on: I think the writers also recognized that the players wanted it to change (they explicitly said that the players hoped it would change and were making efforts as individuals, but that it just never came together for the group) and that maybe there was some chance that it could (ie Boston). They probably didn't want to write the obituary until it was actually clear that a turnaround was not going to happen. (Plus, it's probably a little harder in the moment to recognize when the discord has passed beyond the normal discord that every team experiences to something more fatal for the chances of the team. Those judgments are always better made retrospectively.)
I don’t think anyone needs to write any obituaries or go full-on critical. My issue is more when something is patently obvious and someone is actively out there saying everything’s fine. I have no problem with taking many angles and even suppressing a lot of negativity. It’s when it’s spun in an almost opposite direction that it’s frustrating. I know it’s not everyone and I’m speaking generally here. I think in general they do a good job and all have value, but there’s gotta be an expectation that if you proactively step in and say that these aren’t the droids we’re looking for, that you’re bound to take some heat for that. In the same way that you may take heat from the players/franchise by airing dirty laundry, you’ll also take heat from the fans for saying the sky isn’t blue.

I am not embracing a tank. Like if the team sucks, so be it, but I'll probably be watching less if it's obvious they're going to lose every night.