What's new

Jazzbros: "I Hope I am Wrong"

I would certainly rather have Xavier Henry and I'd feel better about Paul George right now (I know he's inconsistent and his percentages as a whole were poor, but he has shown immense scoring ability to go along with a very nice physical profile for offense or defense [whether those turn into anything or not]). I am not exaggerating when I said "anyone but Hayward".

I'm dying to be proven wrong, but I just don't see Hayward in any scenario being anything other than a liability on defense. Especially if he ever has a significant knee injury. I see Hayward as a Korver-esque defender (savvy but just doesn't have the tools to handle isos or speed from an opponent in general).

I would've picked the **** out of Cole Aldrich. The idiots that whined about him just because he was white and bared some resemblance to Ostertag are going to feel retarded when this kid registers 3 BPG against the Jazz over the span of his career.

His being white is only something that multiplies what are between pedestrian (his vertical) and terrible (lateral footspeed, wingspan) physical attributes. White wings don't have a great tradition over the last 10 years (with Mike Miller and Dunleavy being the only white american wings to do anything more than shoot and flop). Babbitt not having won at Nevada would've been a concern, but his physical attributes were elite and I think you can teach someone to win easier than you can teach length, innate strength, or innate speed/dexterity.

I would've picked Babbitt over Hayward 9 times out of 10. I would've picked Aldrich over Hayward 1,000 times out of 1,000.

Love this ****.

Just proof that people should just keep their mouths shut when they know crap about basketball lol

NUMBERICA is among the most knowledged.

Just goes to show how difficult drafting is.

As of late, many of you have been bringing the lulz. I know I crack a lot on this board, it's posters and the Jazz in general. But there's a reason I stick around. It's a comedic goldmine. Alligator arms? Sigh.

The small person has got to have alligator arms, no?

But being so sure of himself and having it backfire so hard isn't just draft knowledge. It even said earlier in the thread that Aldrich was 6'9" without shoes. How would anyone want to have or consider having someone be a defensive stopper in the middle at that size. I know Ben Wallace wasn't much bigger, but he was a freak athlete, nothing that Cole brought to the table. He even said that he would rather have Cole over Paul George. I don't follow college as well as NBA but really? Cole Aldrich over Paul George? Hindsight is 20/20 but the body that George had coming out of college was much better as far as playing position that you could see him being a decent starting SF just with his physical tools. IDK if I would put all of my eggs into a 6'9"-6'10" C.

How so? I wouldn't trust anything they have to say anymore than the next person on here. Usually when you go back and look at it, it's usually the person being called the idiot, and the person that goes against the grain, that turns out right. The smartest bet is usually to go against the majority. It's why Vegas cleans up year after year. It's why the dogs cover more often than not.

Him and GVC are basically the same person. They don't know dick about basketball, but run around telling everyone how stupid they are and talking like they know it all.

I'm not saying I know it all either. I'll happily admit when I'm wrong or say I don't know. Those guys cant.

Props to Numberica for voicing his opinion out loud and not hiding for "time will tell" cliche.

All of us have moments, both good and bad.. I'm just still waiting on my bad moment.

Ha! I know you're joking, but I'll remind you of one anyway. I once said (I think during summer between his draft and Leonard's rookie year -- and MKG's incoming freshman year), that MKG sounds a lot like Kahwi. You seemed affronted that this lauded UK recruit could be compared to someone as pedestrian as Kahwi. (Seems about the same time I was saying that Koufos may be as effective an NBA player as Cousins -- win some and lose some, as you say).

These "bumps" lately have been so hilarious. I don't give a rat's *** about college, so I don't have the pleasure of speculating for year after year about who's going to do what and then fall right on my *** when I'm wrong in plain sight for everyone to see in all its glory. All I can do is thank you for doing so!

Ha! I know you're joking, but I'll remind you of one anyway. I once said (I think during summer between his draft and Leonard's rookie year -- and MKG's incoming freshman year), that MKG sounds a lot like Kahwi. You seemed affronted that this lauded UK recruit could be compared to someone as pedestrian as Kahwi. (Seems about the same time I was saying that Koufos may be as effective an NBA player as Cousins -- win some and lose some, as you say).
He can't be blamed for that when wearing his wildcat goggles. Lol

I remember watching harden in college (byu even played him once or twice) and thinking that he would suck in the nba..... not only did I think he would not be good, but I really thought he would suck bad.
He just looked slow, and kinda chubby/out of shape to me

wrng.gif

You are correct that I have had my whiffs.. but I actually only lauded MKG as a leader and blue collar guy.
Also didn't pimp Randle, Knight, or about any others.. I DID pray for Cousins, though.

My real whiff was Austin Rivers and his 'it' factor.
To a lesser extent Shabazz.