What's new

Jazzfanz BIG BOARD rankings ROUND 5

If all of these players were available who would you want The Jazz to pick?

• Al-Farouq Aminu

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cole Aldrich

• Ed Davis

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Ekpe Udoh

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Greg Monroe

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Hassan Whiteside

• Luke Babbit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Patterson

• Wesley Johnson

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Xavier Henry

• Total voters

UGLI baby

Jazzfanz Big Board

evan-turner-poy.jpg

Evan Turner

john.wall.jpg

John Wall

spt-100106-derrick-favors.300w.jpg

Derrick Favors

b24fe869ca2ce970203bc8248456a50b.jpg

DeMarcus Cousins

I'm not a big Johnson guy. Gordon Hayward please.

Why? So we can get an underperforming white guy to make us less than marginally better than last year? Trade up and get Cousins or pack in this year and likely the next few until Williams leaves for greener pastures.

"who wouldn't want to play with daron williams?"

I'm not sold on Johson, he can't create his own shot. I'd rather get size with Monroe.

Johnson seems like a future all star. You really think Ed Davis could ever be an all star?

Yes I do. I'm not pulling a Honz here (and I like his gag with Hayward.) I'm not firmly committed to this opinion, and I'm waiting for the workouts. My belief is he has Josh Smith in him. Comparable athletes, but Smith is more outside in where Davis is inside out. Both are excellent on the run, but also physical players who will mix it up inside and play over the rim. Here's the two big things with Davis: UNC was awful this year, and they had horrific point guard play which doesn't help any big man. Two, Davis had terrible Deon Thompson stealing shots from him every night--11 a game! Thompson was a senior who was trying to do anything to help his pro resume. Nobody at UNC is sad to see him go. Davis is way better than he's perceived.

Yes I do. I'm not pulling a Honz here (and I like his gag with Hayward.) I'm not firmly committed to this opinion, and I'm waiting for the workouts. My belief is he has Josh Smith in him. Comparable athletes, but Smith is more outside in where Davis is inside out. Both are excellent on the run, but also physical players who will mix it up inside and play over the rim. Here's the two big things with Davis: UNC was awful this year, and they had horrific point guard play which doesn't help any big man. Two, Davis had terrible Deon Thompson stealing shots from him every night--11 a game! Thompson was a senior who was trying to do anything to help his pro resume. Nobody at UNC is sad to see him go. Davis is way better than he's perceived.
What gag?

Why? So we can get an underperforming white guy to make us less than marginally better than last year? Trade up and get Cousins or pack in this year and likely the next few until Williams leaves for greener pastures.

Cut it with the racist crap. I know it's probably an act, but it's still annoying as hell.

I'm not a big Johnson guy.
So we've heard.

Gotta take Johnson and make it a pair of Wesleys in our starting line-up. Johnson is going to be a good pro and perhaps an all-star. Yeah, I'd like a big. But that will have to come via trade. Either with a Booz sign-and-trade or via AK's expiring. Getting Johnson would mean a 3-way of Wesley, Wesley and CJ at the 2/3. That's a pretty good rotation.

I wish Minny would bite on trading their pick for the #9 + Tomic. We need starters, not more backups, which is what we'd likely get with Tomic or the #9 selection.