What's new

Jeremy Evans

Did the Jazz raid the train on it's way to Auschwitz?

Nope, that doesn't work. Maybe if the train was going from the Warsaw Ghettos to Auschwitz? Or maybe the train was transporting people out of the camp? I would think most of the weight loss would occurred after the arrival at Auschwitz.

Greg Miller was asked what we needed most in the draft. He said it was to get tougher.
I think we can all sleep tonight knowing Greg Miller is full of...

Jazz Fans,

I host an ESPN Radio Show in Bowling Green, KY and have watched Jeremy Evans the last 4 years. For starters should he make the squad you are getting an unreal kid in terms of character. Extremely humble, polite, and hard worker! I really can't say enough good things about Jeremy. On the court his biggest down side is his size. He was never really able to put weight on during his time at WKU. He is a tremendous athlete not only on the court but won the Sun Belt title in the high jump. His is long and can leap!! He has incredible timing, and will block shots out of no where! If he get's anywhere near the goal he will throw it down and throw it down hard. WKU played Miss St. this year and he more than held his own vs Jarvis Varnado. In fact several draft stories where done that Evans may have more upside. He was the Sun Belt Tourney MVP his Sophomore year, which was the Sweet 16 team with NBA 1st Rounder Courtney Lee (Magic/Nets). He had some back injuries this season, and had some foul trouble throughout the season, largely because of his light frame. I'm sure some of you, understandably, are wondering who is this guy, but he has tremendous upside, and the Hilltoppers are very excited and should he make the team will be some of the biggest Jazz fans in the country!

evans1.jpg
Hey PSTradio, thanks for the thoughtful commentary. I hope that you are right on the dude's upside.

If the Jazz weren't able to land a lottery-worthy Kentucky University player, then maybe a graduating Hilltopper tops the next best thing :).

Jazz Fans,

I host an ESPN Radio Show in Bowling Green, KY and have watched Jeremy Evans the last 4 years. For starters should he make the squad you are getting an unreal kid in terms of character. Extremely humble, polite, and hard worker! I really can't say enough good things about Jeremy. On the court his biggest down side is his size. He was never really able to put weight on during his time at WKU. He is a tremendous athlete not only on the court but won the Sun Belt title in the high jump. His is long and can leap!! He has incredible timing, and will block shots out of no where! If he get's anywhere near the goal he will throw it down and throw it down hard. WKU played Miss St. this year and he more than held his own vs Jarvis Varnado. In fact several draft stories where done that Evans may have more upside. He was the Sun Belt Tourney MVP his Sophomore year, which was the Sweet 16 team with NBA 1st Rounder Courtney Lee (Magic/Nets). He had some back injuries this season, and had some foul trouble throughout the season, largely because of his light frame. I'm sure some of you, understandably, are wondering who is this guy, but he has tremendous upside, and the Hilltoppers are very excited and should he make the team will be some of the biggest Jazz fans in the country!

evans1.jpg

Appreciate the post... and I mean no offense, but the Jazz are in need of SIZE. That business about size not mattering... a big old lie!

I found this on his stats from last year, but ya, it's time to start the Fire KOC and the rest of the Front Office thread!
He didn't play as well this year due to back injuries. Sounds like we might have gotten an athletic small Borchard#2. Instead of foot injuries, back???

## Player gp-gs min avg fg-fga fg% 3fg-fga 3fg% ft-fta ft% off def tot avg pf dq a to blk stl pts avg
40 Evans, Jeremy 34-34 901 26.5 137-211 .649 3-12 .250 64-93 .688 101 134 235 6.9 98 5 25 36 61 28 341 10.0

Jazz Fans,

evans1.jpg

Thanks for the post and info. Welcome to the board and lets hope his upside becomes an reality. BTW, can I be on your talk show? I have few things I would like to share.

Evans amazing ability as an artist was showcased on CBS' national television broadcast of the Hilltoppers' NCAA Tournament Second Round battle with #10 Gonzaga in 2009. The fine arts major sketched a portrait of color analyst Dan Bonner.

lol

Story from a Western Kentucky sports blog:

Jeremy Evans discusses his NBA Draft experience

Excerpt:
Evans will get to work almost immediately, as he’ll be on a flight for Utah on Friday to begin further plans for the summer – which should likely consist of a summer league run with the Jazz.

WKU’s all-time leading shot blocker, Evans told the Daily News earlier this month that he had been working on changing positions – from his natural power forward/center position in college to the small forward spot. He had been working with famed athletic trainer Tim Grover in Chicago, and had gained nearly eight pounds of muscle to a rather lean frame. Listed at 6-9, 196 pounds as a senior at WKU – the biggest knock on Evans was his overall weight and bulk. But, apparently, his length and athleticism was enough for Utah to take a shot at No. 55.

Jazz Fans,

So radio guy, Evans says he's strying to be a small forward. Does he have the skills to do that or is he stricly a skinny PF?

I don't hate the Evans pick. I think a lot of people dislike it because we should have taken a C at 9 and this was our second chance and we failed. The guy is oozing with athleticism and I think he makes this team and is a decent player to come.

I don't hate the Evans pick. I think a lot of people dislike it because we should have taken a C at 9 and this was our second chance and we failed. The guy is oozing with athleticism and I think he makes this team and is a decent player to come.

I think one of the reasons Jazz passed on Ed Davis is cause of Evans. Evans has a game almost identical to Davis. Same height and build. Great shot blocker and rebounder etc. Great athlete. Jazz about only team that knew about him and worked him out. Smart with great work ethic. Why waste your #9 on Davis when you can get exactly the same with Evans. Jazz made a great decision to pick Hayward, and Evans could make roster. Jazz also knew the Serbian PF they picked a couple years ago is playing in summer league and wants to play NBA ball this year. Read the scouting reports on him. He has a decent game and may be good enough to also backup Millsap if Boozer leaves. Jazz have made some smart moves here and may not be have to sign Boozer to contend.

Right now I'd say the Jazz are more interested in his defensive and rebounding skills than his offensive game. I liked Larry Sanders, a similar player, and he went at #15 in the 1st round. Getting Evans at #55 was well worth a shot, as I understand this kid is seriously quick athletically.