What's new

Joe Johnson Coming to Utah

It's going to be a Love/Hate relationship for sure.

Love

Hate
In the "hate" video, lol at #7 for the kings (who is that?) Plays no defense and then let's dragic get the offensive rebound.

We've clearly moved into the WIN NOW phase. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Really? A Brady Bunch gif?

<facepalm>

Great addition! Finaly a big name that will play for the Jazz.

Let's let other teams to overpay average players.

I was a bit skeptical about George Hill trade but I'm very glad about this deal.

Jazz are going in the right direction.

Best thing about Joe Johnson. When he got to Miami, their winning percentage was .560, with Joe Johnson it was .640. Over an 82 game season that's the difference between 46-36 and 53-29.

Good reasonable signing
He used to be an alpha scorer
Reminds me of the Chris Morris signing
Morris at end of career but a piece that got Jazz
to the finals

Great, great pick-up.

Johnson proved in Miami he can be effective while not being the offensive focal point - in fact his efficiency numbers were off the charts there.

This must be exactly what they're looking from him in Utah.

And imagine how much pressure this takes off Hood and Hayward playing next to Hill and Joe Cool as opposed to Ingles and CJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYi7uEvEEmk

Roster is starting to shape up with 2-deep, starter level quality at every position:

Exum/Hill
Hood/Burks
Hayward/Johnson
Favors/Lyles
Gobert/BIG HOLE

We need to go out and get, preferably through a trade involving Burke, a starting quality backup center for Gobert. With his and Favors' injuries last year, this is the biggest risk to keep the Jazz out of the playoffs. If Lindsay follows form from the past couple of weeks, he will find an experienced vet center to bring in. One more player with playoff experience that can continue to help the young guys to develop. Gasol would be nice, but if we didn't get a vet, maybe someone like Cole Aldrich.

The Heat were LAST in the NBA in 3-Point % before Joe Johnson was signed.

After the signing, the Heat had the 4th best 3-Point %