What's new

Joe Johnson doesn't fit

Before the season, I was confident that Hood would start over JJ.

I'm just gonna backtrack on that right now. This is only one game, but JJ showed an ability to score at will that this team only gets from time to time from our best scorers(Gordo and Hood). If there was any doubt about his age creeping up, JJ put that **** to bed in the first game of the season. Dude still got it in a big way. IMO, as much as I love Hood, JJ gotta start next to Hayward when he comes back.

JJ is an old man. He will tease us with prime Joe numbers once or twice a month, but his trajectory is very clear the last few seasons. He'll be something inbetween the Nets and Heat version.

JJ is an old man. He will tease us with prime Joe numbers once or twice a month, but his trajectory is very clear the last few seasons. He'll be something inbetween the Nets and Heat version.

We should probably just cut him now. I mean who would want a guy like that as a backup when we could have some d-league guy who never has prime Joe numbers at all?

Before the season, I was confident that Hood would start over JJ.

I'm just gonna backtrack on that right now. This is only one game, but JJ showed an ability to score at will that this team only gets from time to time from our best scorers(Gordo and Hood). If there was any doubt about his age creeping up, JJ put that **** to bed in the first game of the season. Dude still got it in a big way. IMO, as much as I love Hood, JJ gotta start next to Hayward when he comes back.

I disagree. JJ was fantastic and the Jazz continued going back to that miss-match. Hood had 26 himself. Along with 5 trips to the FT line. I like Hood in the starting lineup and JJ coming off the bench as a primary back up (along with Burks, Exum, Diaw and Lyles). He will abuse back ups.

I disagree. JJ was fantastic and the Jazz continued going back to that miss-match. Hood had 26 himself. Along with 5 trips to the FT line. I like Hood in the starting lineup and JJ coming off the bench as a primary back up (along with Burks, Exum, Diaw and Lyles). He will abuse back ups.

When favors fails to buy his third new bed of the season in a punctual fashion (and therefore misses a few more games), we could start all three.

Anyone who's been watching Joe, especially in MIA, he does this....a few games a month. Temper expectations dudes. He played great, but he's old. The bench is where we need him most, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who's been watching Joe, especially in MIA, he does this....a few games a month. Temper expectations dudes. He played great, but he's old. The bench is where we need him most, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in a different time than normal Jazz seasons of recent yore. It is ALL about the playoffs. We are going to make the playoffs either with Joe playing great regularly or Joe playing great only a few times a month. What happens in the playoffs is why he will be so important to the Jazz---JJ is going to win some big games for us!

Last edited: