What's new

Joe Johnson doesn't fit

oldtimer

Joe Johnson is not a 2 or even a 3 anymore. He doesn't take shots inside the offense. His shots are ISO which have not been a part of the jazz offense for many years. His best position is a stretch 4 which he played at Miami. The problem is that Lyles is the future and that future is now. Lyles backs up favors for the time being and honestly Lyles is playing better than JJ.

That means JJ is a man without a position. The jazz can keep trying to force a square peg into that round hole (ie playing JJ as a 2 or a 3) but it won't work in the long run.

1. It takes time to adjust to a new team and offense. Case in point Lamarcus Aldridge in San Antonio saying he's only truly comfortable this year (after a full season), and that it took until after the All Star break to find a rhythm in San Antonio.

2. He's bing very passive trying to figure out his role in this team, you can tell he's trying very hard to be differential to other team mates.

3. He's not on a long term contract with us, he's wrapping up his career here. He's not going to be an All Star, but he will be beneficial on numerous fronts. Did you notice him getting on the refs last night? He has the credibility in the league to call them out.

It's been 3 games... didn't it take LaMarcus Aldridge half a season last year to get used to the Spurs motion offense?

Give it time....

Yeah, maybe he need a new uniform. It might be more comfortable for him. Anyone have the equipment managers number? I could text him a link to this thread.

nn_08da_ojglove_120909.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Johnson looked better last night than the previous two games. He's had a long, solid career so he's not going to magically suck now that he's a Jazzman. He just needs to do what he's good at and his teammates need to give him the ball when he's wide open.

Too early for this type of declaration imo but I agree about one part of the post.
I think he is best suited to be a 4 in a small ball lineup and I would rather have Hayward or lyles in that lineup.

I don't know if that's a true statement but if he doesn't there are plenty of playoff teams that would take him come trade deadline.

Not really a concern right now.

Pretty sure he will be fine. He's adjusting to new offense and new role (off the bench when hayward gets back). He's also been a super pro which is important.

Joe Johnson is not a 2 or even a 3 anymore. He doesn't take shots inside the offense. His shots are ISO which have not been a part of the jazz offense for many years. His best position is a stretch 4 which he played at Miami. The problem is that Lyles is the future and that future is now. Lyles backs up favors for the time being and honestly Lyles is playing better than JJ.

That means JJ is a man without a position. The jazz can keep trying to force a square peg into that round hole (ie playing JJ as a 2 or a 3) but it won't work in the long run.

I'm def not an old timer but in my experience, older folk, if they've learned the lessons of life and it's trials and tribulations, come to understand the concept of delayed gratification. They also come to appreciate patience and value of time and familiarity.

This ****ing guy, oldtimer, is posting a bunch of malarkey.

I'm def not an old timer but in my experience, older folk, if they've learned the lessons of life and it's trials and tribulations, come to understand the concept of delayed gratification. They also come to appreciate patience and value of time and familiarity.

This ****ing guy, oldtimer, is posting a bunch of malarkey.

Totally. Joe Johnson is still a great player. He will ease into the season and figure out his place as veterans do. Playoffs is where he will really shine.

I think it's very reasonable to draw conclusions about Joe after roughly 90 mins of play. When Alec comes back my leash will be about 25 minutes if he doesn't play well.

Look guys no conclusions and I get its 30 minutes of preseason ball. He looks out of place. And Naos I am old.

I think it's very reasonable to draw conclusions about Joe after roughly 90 mins of play. When Alec comes back my leash will be about 25 minutes if he doesn't play well.

Are you saying that in the first 25 minutes of Burks play upon returning that you will be able to judge where he is at?