What's new

Joel Embiid’s Potential Trade Request

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Harden has a player option for next year and there is a lot of smoke about him going back to Houston.

If that happens the 76ers don’t have any real Avenue to improve.

They would have zero cap space and they can’t trade any of their future picks. They don’t own their 2025 first, they traded their 2027 first to Brooklyn top-8 protected which rolls in 2028 top-8 protected as well. The only future pick they could trade is their 2030 first. Their most valuable trade asset would be Maxey. Him along with one first wouldn’t be enough to get another star to play with Embiid.

There is a chance Embiid could ask for a trade this summer and that is where we come in. He is under contract for 3 + 1 and we would have him for his entire prime. We wouldn’t have to send back exact matching salary since we will have salary cap space this summer.

Embiid and Markkanen would be one of the best duos in the league. They would be so ****ing dominant together. What would be the most you’d be willing to trade to get Embiid? Kessler would be guaranteed to be included in the deal.

Id give up either Donovans haul or Rudy's haul... Add in the Lakers pick and keep Kessler.

Now I know this won't happen but offseason sakes.

Keeping Kessler would be straight up stupid in this situation.

This hypothetical is premature, but yeah the Embiid/Lauri front court is BIG YIKES for the rest of the league.
Why? A backup center on a rookie deal? I'm not saying it's ideal, but it offers a lot of flexibility.

Kessler being included would be a young building block for the 76ers and would replace a couple of firsts that would be added if he wasn’t in the deal.
I don't think Kessler really moves the needle as far as first round picks. Sure he may sweeten the deal but regardless it'll take 3 first if not more than likely 4-5. Thus Donovans haul plus the LAL pick. I'm just not sold on that LAL pick as I think the Lakers will rebuild but it has good value right now.

If I had to though. Id take Embiid over Kessler if he was a must have in the deal.

Why? A backup center on a rookie deal? I'm not saying it's ideal, but it offers a lot of flexibility.
There is no greater waste of value than having a great pure center backing up a star pure center. Doesn't matter how you dice it. Trade them and figure out some other way to take care of the backup minutes.

This is principally what made the Dok pick so inane. Even if he was really good, how often would he even be able to play? Surely, there is a better way to allocate a team's resources.

6ers could also say if no Kessler we need more picks like we did with Minnesota and McDaniels
That's why I offer the LAL pick. That's 4 first round picks. That pick is valuable but if we get Embiid, we are in win now mode. Kessler as depth is a bigger plus than an unknown pick. Heck even if we add our own first, that's 5 picks and that pick would be a later 1st with the talent we would have. Plus we still have 4+ first rounders to either draft or trade for a other piece.

I understand that Kessler would probably be a necessity I'm just saying I'd rather add picks than lose Kessler.

That's why I offer the LAL pick. That's 4 first round picks. That pick is valuable but if we get Embiid, we are in win now mode. Kessler as depth is a bigger plus than an unknown pick. Heck even if we add our own first, that's 5 picks and that pick would be a later 1st with the talent we would have. Plus we still have 4+ first rounders to either draft or trade for a other piece.

I understand that Kessler would probably be a necessity I'm just saying I'd rather add picks than lose Kessler.
No they’d as for the 25 Minnesota pit

Says the hater who wanted him to sit.
attention-notice-me.gif

Or if that pick is already in the deal, they would ask for one of the other, Minnesota, or Cleveland picks not currently in any discussed deal to that point.
Which is less valuable than Kessler.

Sexton/Dunn/THT
Ochai/THT/JC
Draft or Move picks or play Lauri here
Lauri/KO
Embiid/Kessler

That's a stacked roster. We would still have plenty of capital to find a proper SF/PF

Last edited: