What's new

Joel Embiid’s Potential Trade Request

Embiid threw basically all his teammates other than him and Harden under the bus with a tweeter saying that he and Harden can’t do it by themselves that’s why it’s 5 on 5. Lol
I think there is more to the quote but that’s still such a ****** look when he was awful yesterday.

Ok... Not sure how we get a better player than Kessler with that extra pick
This isn’t a question of individual player quality, it’s a question of building the best overall roster. It’s altogether a waste of an asset if he’s great but limited to 16 minutes per game.

This isn’t a question of individual player quality, it’s a question of building the best overall roster. It’s altogether a waste of an asset if he’s great but limited to 16 minutes per game.
I understand that, but what assets are we getting with those high 20 picks? Do you think we are getting a starter of Kesslers quality? I don't. In my scenario we lose one extra pick which will be a high 20 pick. Worst case scenario two high 20 picks.

But again... I've kind of regressed from the idea of getting Embiid the more I think about it. I'd rather just keep Kessler and let him develop and put that capital elsewhere. No matter if it cost Kessler or not, I'm not sure he is the proper direction to go in.

Listened to the Rights to Ricky Sanchez today… it’s the big 76ers pod… I don’t have a ton of interest in paying a bunch to get into the Joel business. Pretty surprising for those guys to turn on him cuz he’s been their dude.

I think Joel's career is completely different if Philly retains Jimmy instead of holding on to Ben or Tobias. I think he needs that type of dude next to him to help carry the big moments. I wonder if sticking Harden next to him and you have both of those dudes foul grifting and shrinking and it kinda builds on each other.

If Joel asks out I'm guessing he want to go to Miami to be with Jimmy. Wonder if Heat would do Bam and stuff for him... may depend on how things go for Miami in the conference finals.

I understand that, but what assets are we getting with those high 20 picks? Do you think we are getting a starter of Kesslers quality? I don't. In my scenario we lose one extra pick which will be a high 20 pick. Worst case scenario two high 20 picks.

But again... I've kind of regressed from the idea of getting Embiid the more I think about it. I'd rather just keep Kessler and let him develop and put that capital elsewhere. No matter if it cost Kessler or not, I'm not sure he is the proper direction to go in.
Besides that pick(s) in the late 20’s is the worst case scenario and that tons of players that play more than 16 minutes per game have come from that part of the draft, picks of unknown value are generally worth more than players of known value on the trade market.

The price for acquiring actual players is usually centered on picks (like cash when purchasing something, rather than bartering). In any event, again, a guy who can only play 15-20 minutes per game is not going to be a determining factor in being a contender or not. Mismanaging that asset might be a determining factor in not reaching that level, though.

Tatum targeted Embiid last game. he literally just give up drives. crazy how much better Rudy is on that area