What's new

Joel Embiid’s Potential Trade Request

If Amen is there at 4, does Houston trade the pick or take Whitmore/Walker? Do they trade the pick to get win now talent around Harden?
I think there’s a chance Amen slides to 6… Houston seems convinced they getting Harden so maybe they slide down and add some picks but yeah I could see both Houston and Detroit passing on Amen due to fit issues. Orlando probably bites but not a perfect fit there either as they have Fultz and Suggs and already need some additional shooting… probably just too good to pass up. I think we should try and use one of the future picks to jump up to 6.

Pretty interesting fit issues at the top of the draft.

I think there’s a chance Amen slides to 6… Houston seems convinced they getting Harden so maybe they slide down and add some picks but yeah I could see both Houston and Detroit passing on Amen due to fit issues. Orlando probably bites but not a perfect fit there either as they have Fultz and Suggs and already need some additional shooting… probably just too good to pass up. I think we should try and use one of the future picks to jump up to 6.

Pretty interesting fit issues at the top of the draft.

That was my initial thought after the lottery. Makes things a lot more interesting.

What's funny is we just had a bunch of people willing to sell half the farm for a likely short-term rental on an aging PG that doesn't fit our window and doesn't get us over the hump anyway. Boy it's time for the season to begin.

Yeah Miami isnt the only loser this offseason. Philly and Cleveland are in a rough spot now. They have even less assets than the Heat, and might see their best player gone within the next two years.

Knicks are in a better place becouse of their asset situation, and likely lurking to grab the spoils of those two plausible implosions.
Cleveland? They had a pretty great off-season.

What's funny is we just had a bunch of people willing to sell half the farm for a likely short-term rental on an aging PG that doesn't fit our window and doesn't get us over the hump anyway. Boy it's time for the season to begin.
Brother people were saying selling like 1/10th the farm

Yeah they won their end of the annual roster turnaround, but they also have the lingering "Don will not extend" rumors and the competition just got insanely strong.
So? Every small market has that at some point, even big markets. They knew Dom wasn't going to extend, it makes zero financial sense for him

So? Every small market has that at some point, even big markets. They knew Dom wasn't going to extend, it makes zero financial sense for him
They traded for Don to win something and reaching that goal just became a whole lot harder. Hence them being in a rough spot after Bucks and Celtics fortifying their ranks.

I hate spelling simple stuff out. Try turning off you "auto-contradict" setting and lets see if that helps.

They traded for Don to win something and reaching that goal just became a whole lot harder. Hence them being in a rough spot after Bucks and Celtics fortifying their ranks.

I hate spelling simple stuff out. Try turning off you "auto-contradict" setting and lets see if that helps.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

We have 20 FRPs and 30 young players? Your math is funny.
We were selling a couple pastures that wouldn’t produce for 3-4 years for machinery and equipment that would allow us to harvest and farm our most important land now… we threw in a very replaceable cow too… shrug.

I think Jrue narrowed his list down to 3-4 teams based on the rumors so probably made the right call… if he had been open to an extension with us then the deal would have been worth it.

You spelling like you're one Day 1 of Hooked on Phonics