What's new

John Stockton anti vaxxer? Who would have thought.

Never get to know your sports heroes…

During the interview, Stockton asserted that more than 100 professional athletes have died of vaccination. He also said tens of thousands of people – perhaps millions – have died from vaccines.

“I think it’s highly recorded now, there’s 150 I believe now, it’s over 100 professional athletes dead – professional athletes – the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court,” Stockton said in the interview.
funny how we see those claims and yet not a single real person is being mentioned. Just numbers. Absolute insanity that Stockton got infected with covidiotism.

I read some article where the gist of the article was "how the **** did mild mannered spotlight avoiding John Stockton become a huge anti-covid vax person."

I couldn't agree more. This is really bizarre. Even if I agreed with him (full disclosure, I don't and it makes me sad that perhaps my favorite athlete of all time is doing this), this is just really out of character with how he's lived his life since his retirement.

I read some article where the gist of the article was "how the **** did mild mannered spotlight avoiding John Stockton become a huge anti-covid vax person."

I couldn't agree more. This is really bizarre. Even if I agreed with him (full disclosure, I don't and it makes me sad that perhaps my favorite athlete of all time is doing this), this is just really out of character with how he's lived his life since his retirement.
It's kind of not.

He's always been sort of an *******. We just all accepted it as part of his desire to be private. But he wasn't private, he was just an *******.

He's always expressed what I, a non religious person, would describe as extremist religious views. So he has abdicated reality in favor of religious fantasy and this fits in with that very easily. When you can accept the impossibility of Christian doctrine as a fact then you open yourself up to the acceptance of many impossible ideas as facts.

That's why I describe the belief in Christianity as an abdication of the mind and of reality. You are required to accept impossible concepts and "believe" in them with all of your heart as a baseline. Well, once that's done and you've already abdicated reality for fantasy, you're ready for any sort of programming, since you have decided to believe in non-factual things.

It's kind of not.

He's always been sort of an *******. We just all accepted it as part of his desire to be private. But he wasn't private, he was just an *******.

He's always expressed what I, a non religious person, would describe as extremist religious views. So he has abdicated reality in favor of religious fantasy and this fits in with that very easily. When you can accept the impossibility of Christian doctrine as a fact then you open yourself up to the acceptance of many impossible ideas as facts.

That's why I describe the belief in Christianity as an abdication of the mind and of reality. You are required to accept impossible concepts and "believe" in them with all of your heart as a baseline. Well, once that's done and you've already abdicated reality for fantasy, you're ready for any sort of programming, since you have decided to believe in non-factual things.

You're right. I don't recall your background, but I fell into a similar slump in HS. My family had no concept of, and I think didn't know we'd have to foot the bill for a mission.

I had the "privilege" of attending a baptism the last few months. I just can't get over how the one can say "with the right answer you'll feel nothing", while the other says "you'll immediately know the wrong choice".

maxresdefault.jpg

This is my students. Clueless and void of sense and prioritization.

stockton appeared on the DNP-CD podcast dec 13 and aug 16 if you wanna hear his side of the story.

stockton appeared on the DNP-CD podcast dec 13 and aug 16 if you wanna hear his side of the story.

You got timestamps for when he talks about vaccines?

He says a lot of things that are plainly false. It didn't improve my impression of his position at all.

I didn't care to get the cookies here. I like John Stockton, more than ever.

I don't think he is a medical professional of the caliber we have in here, like Dr. Game.

John Stockton apparently invested his earnings well, and can afford the luxury of having personal opinions. He's also a good-hearted soul who tries to understand people's feelings and make allowances. He is smart enough to imagine how the reluctance to just obey public health orders and mandates can originate in a culture that has often been disappointed by authoritative claims that have had to be abandoned later on.

It's a basic human right to have the meaningful say on your medical treatments or procedures, and to investigate or evaluate proposed treatments or procedures on your own if you have time and concern to do so.

I don't think he is a medical professional of the caliber we have in here, like Dr. Game.

John Stockton apparently invested his earnings well, and can afford the luxury of having personal opinions. He's also a good-hearted soul who tries to understand people's feelings and make allowances. He is smart enough to imagine how the reluctance to just obey public health orders and mandates can originate in a culture that has often been disappointed by authoritative claims that have had to be abandoned later on.

It's a basic human right to have the meaningful say on your medical treatments or procedures, and to investigate or evaluate proposed treatments or procedures on your own if you have time and concern to do so.
babe,

I've never come close to pretending to be a doctor.

Thanks,

bye

babe,

I've never come close to pretending to be a doctor.

Thanks,

bye
But you do consistently adhere to authoritarian views, ostensibly advanced by the best doctors.

Which have often turned out to be wrong, especially in the past few years.

Saying that John Stockton is wrong about one or several things, without a qualifying reference to some supposedly credible source, or without even saying in particular what he's wrong about and with perhaps a caveat like "IMO", is needless babble.

How does that contribute to a discussion beyond just being a shut down tactic?

As I said I didn't evaluate the links offered on John Stockton's comments because it's enough for me that he has a right to his opinions. I do think I know more about oh maybe a dozen or a score of specific medical issues than most doctors. I reference my years doing lab work for some researchers and lots of directed reading in research journals in preparation for publications/submissions. I was intending to apply for admission to an advanced degree program for some years, but had poor health. I did a lot of reading in medical journals on those topics too. Just a bum, I know. People with Ph.D.'s often applied for jobs like mine, just to get a start on a resume.

The main thing I learned is that we don't really know much for very certain, even the top docs in the field. There is very rapid progression going on in nearly every niche of science, and it's pretty likely that whatever we think today will be yesterdays' tales of horrors in a few years.

Not a good time for authoritarian political interests to be shutting down dissent or discussion.

If I'm not mistaken you got a case of very severe belief that non-compliant people not following orders were killing their friends, neighbors, and passersby. I haven't had any vaccinations and generally don't wear a mask unless I'm in Alameda County or anyplace where I see everyone else wearing their mask. OK, so I don't work today at close quarters to anyone. My wife and kids do. They were at a party at Thanksgiving 2020 where it was learned the next day that several of the guests had Covid. We didn't catch it. My dau last week was staying with a friend when she came down with Covid, but didn't catch it. My wife had to stay home from work until she got tested. She didn't get it.

The government did a test in March 2020 with a "bomb", a large cylinder with a fan. They injected Covid Virus aerosol, and then either ozone, ethanol, or chlorine. They took samples at timed intervals, and reported that the virus was killed very quickly, and at low levels of the cleaning agents. We used wipes on that principle for months after that. A few businesses applied air cleaning technology like electrostataic ozone generators in the ventilation systems.

I put out a bowl with a dilute Clorox solution on the table or dresser if I think I might have been exposed. Maybe on a nightstand. It doesn't smell as strong as a swimming pool..

If I get it, I told my doctor I want a quick treatment with monoclonal antibodies.

I worked for two years on a monoclonal antibody research grant.

But you do consistently adhere to authoritarian views, ostensibly advanced by the best doctors.

Which have often turned out to be wrong, especially in the past few years.

Saying that John Stockton is wrong about one or several things, without a qualifying reference to some supposedly credible source, or without even saying in particular what he's wrong about and with perhaps a caveat like "IMO", is needless babble.

How does that contribute to a discussion beyond just being a shut down tactic?

As I said I didn't evaluate the links offered on John Stockton's comments because it's enough for me that he has a right to his opinions. I do think I know more about oh maybe a dozen or a score of specific medical issues than most doctors. I reference my years doing lab work for some researchers and lots of directed reading in research journals in preparation for publications/submissions. I was intending to apply for admission to an advanced degree program for some years, but had poor health. I did a lot of reading in medical journals on those topics too. Just a bum, I know. People with Ph.D.'s often applied for jobs like mine, just to get a start on a resume.

The main thing I learned is that we don't really know much for very certain, even the top docs in the field. There is very rapid progression going on in nearly every niche of science, and it's pretty likely that whatever we think today will be yesterdays' tales of horrors in a few years.

Not a good time for authoritarian political interests to be shutting down dissent or discussion.

If I'm not mistaken you got a case of very severe belief that non-compliant people not following orders were killing their friends, neighbors, and passersby. I haven't had any vaccinations and generally don't wear a mask unless I'm in Alameda County or anyplace where I see everyone else wearing their mask. OK, so I don't work today at close quarters to anyone. My wife and kids do. They were at a party at Thanksgiving 2020 where it was learned the next day that several of the guests had Covid. We didn't catch it. My dau last week was staying with a friend when she came down with Covid, but didn't catch it. My wife had to stay home from work until she got tested. She didn't get it.

The government did a test in March 2020 with a "bomb", a large cylinder with a fan. They injected Covid Virus aerosol, and then either ozone, ethanol, or chlorine. They took samples at timed intervals, and reported that the virus was killed very quickly, and at low levels of the cleaning agents. We used wipes on that principle for months after that. A few businesses applied air cleaning technology like electrostataic ozone generators in the ventilation systems.

I put out a bowl with a dilute Clorox solution on the table or dresser if I think I might have been exposed. Maybe on a nightstand. It doesn't smell as strong as a swimming pool..

If I get it, I told my doctor I want a quick treatment with monoclonal antibodies.

I worked for two years on a monoclonal antibody research grant.
Nope.

Go fight another windmill. This one is busy.

Working for a medical school specializing in training MDs for research as well practice, I'm working with top-caliber medical professionals. They are all quite convinced of the utility and necessity of vaccinations.

I agree Stockton has a right to his opinions; he's allowed to be as wrong and stupid as he cares to be. The same goes for you and me. He has no right to expect to be not called out for spreading his stupidity publicly, because being called out for stupidity is the founding father's answer to the right to spread stupidity. Same goes for you and me. So, when people call Stockton, you, or me out for being stupid, be proud our our governmental system in action.

My foundational reference for collegiate professionals would have to be a 1960s book The New Brahmins (https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.163.3862.60)

The obvious reality is that even our news organizations today have donned the ecclesiastical robes and methods of preachers of an authoritarian religion. Not just professors anymore. Politicians too.

It is indeed difficult for a serious challenger to get traction against the authoritarians, which leaves the field of dissent open to the clueless, the ignoramus, the spectacular demonic speculator.

I would not just expect a basketball star, a long-ago star, to be the most informed on a subject far off the hardwood, so I chose to just delight in his freedom, especially since he does, I believe, qualify his views with appropriate humility by saying it's just his idea, he's not the next nobel laureate on the topic. He advances no original research, no scholarly review of the work others have done. It's more, I think, a populist trying to please if not support ordinary people in their questions, ideas, and issues.

No one should expect me to be the authority of last resort on any subject.

I have a few friends who I knew during their medical school days. I used to buy my own copies of their textbooks. My wife is a nurse, a very credible nurse, who in her field often tells doctors what they need to know. It's a matter of real life experience in the specialty. It takes a young MD oh maybe three or even ten years of practice to absorb the experience a nurse of thirty years has taken in. No one should just assume doctors are right. Two or three opinions are generally helpful. Often it is a matter of perspective or point of view. What I hate most is the insurance/tort-driven standard procedures which take the wind out of the intellectual sails of any well-intentioned practitioner with active cognition.

Research doctors/scientists do have to pay attention to their funding and the winds of political change wafting through the halls of the NIH and other government or even private funding sources, to get grants which must be obsequiously bowed and scraped for.

I can't really expect political activists working the streets to care about all that, I know. There are few, if any effective points of leverage than can dislodge the boulders of "the way things are". But I essentially agree with you that the most productive arena for involvement is in the streets.

My foundational reference for collegiate professionals would have to be a 1960s book The New Brahmins (https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.163.3862.60)
I suppose any anti-intellectual would feel the same way.

It is indeed difficult for a serious challenger to get traction against the authoritarians, which leaves the field of dissent open to the clueless, the ignoramus, the spectacular demonic speculator.
In science, that's because the authoritarians have become that way by building up bodies of evidence. Paradigm shifts are rare because new paradigms have to explain all the evidence, old and new.

Research doctors/scientists do have to pay attention to their funding and the winds of political change wafting through the halls of the NIH and other government or even private funding sources, to get grants which must be obsequiously bowed and scraped for.
Generally, politicians stay our of NIH funding, sometimes merely putting on a show of complaints after the funding has been allocated.