What's new

John Stockton Claims He Had Proof of 1000 Athletes Dying of Vaccine

You know what, you're right, I apologize. You weren't the idiot who came in to a thread about an anti-vaxxer claiming that Stockton was right. You're the one who came into a thread about an anti-vaxxer making an implication that you could easily disown when it turned out you were wrong.
I never said Stock was right. I said it's scary how angry you all get over a different view. Then you proceeded to say the vaccine was responsible for your toes which I find extremely hypocritical as that's blatantly false and a lie. Liars mad at liars.

Stockton right or wrong hurt absolutely no one but you guys feelings You all just need someone to bully for not conforming to youyy fascist ideology. I point out how Biden also lied and you guys made every excuse because he feeds the fire of hate and discontent (calling people tribal when every race, religion, sex has different reasons).

My entire point was who cares what Stockton a complete nobody in the grand scheme of thing thinks? People on both sides were wrong including medical professionals. Again I just think the mob craves bullying.

At the end of the day the "DO AS A SAY TAKE THIS UNPROVEN DRUG OR YOURE A TRIBAL TRUMP MAGA" authoritarian ******** like in the thread is far more hurtful. When people have to bully you into something, there's obviously something wrong. When there are many reasons people don't want the vax from all creeds and the stupid answer is "tribalism" and flat out bullying that makes people guess. Why conform to the fascist pigs? Why do the pigs need to bully?

Especially when they are lying right to your face that the vaccine makes you stub yoyu toe all while crying about lying.

At the end of the day the "DO AS A SAY TAKE THIS UNPROVEN DRUG OR YOURE A TRIBAL TRUMP MAGA" authoritarian ******** like in the thread is far more hurtful. When people have to bully you into something, there's obviously something wrong. When there are many reasons people don't want the vax from all creeds and the stupid answer is "tribalism" and flat out bullying that makes people guess. Why conform to the fascist pigs? Why do the pigs need to bully?

Especially when they are lying right to your face that the vaccine makes you stub yoyu toe all while crying about lying.
I agree the hyperbole has been silly at the least, ad hominem at worst. But to say that a public figure expressing an opinion that is contrary to all the science we have is harmless is heavily naive. Did you know polio is making a comeback? Yes yes yes, they are different diseases, but give someone with a penchant for anti-vax sentiments an inch and they will take however many miles they need to so measles can become a viable public health crisis for the first time in decades. The issue is in today's world disinformation is taken as gospel. Don't have evidence that 1000 athletes were killed by the vaccine? That's ok, we all knew vaccines were just the fascist state trying to control us all along and did nothing to help anyone. See that's where the damage is done. It is highly irresponsible to support and spout false narratives which are causing real harm to real people, especially when any kind of notoriety gives you a wider more accepted voice than most. Stockton going on about this reaches far more people than your weird uncle on Facebook or whoever, even when the message is the same.

Even the fact that I had to explain all that tells you how deep distribution gets into the general public. Even otherwise rational adults hear something like this and go "hmm, maybe there is something to this". So imagine the response of irrational adults.

But you don't have to imagine it, here it is...

I agree the hyperbole has been silly at the least, ad hominem at worst. But to say that a public figure expressing an opinion that is contrary to all the science we have is harmless is heavily naive. Did you know polio is making a comeback? Yes yes yes, they are different diseases, but give someone with a penchant for anti-vax sentiments an inch and they will take however many miles they need to so measles can become a viable public health crisis for the first time in decades. The issue is in today's world disinformation is taken as gospel. Don't have evidence that 1000 athletes were killed by the vaccine? That's ok, we all knew vaccines were just the fascist state trying to control us all along and did nothing to help anyone. See that's where the damage is done. It is highly irresponsible to support and spout false narratives which are causing real harm to real people, especially when any kind of notoriety gives you a wider more accepted voice than most. Stockton going on about this reaches far more people than your weird uncle on Facebook or whoever, even when the message is the same.
You really think that people are basing their decisions on something John Stockton said? By the time he said this people have already made up their minds. I find the argument ridiculous.

Even the fact that I had to explain all that tells you how deep distribution gets into the general public. Even otherwise rational adults hear something like this and go "hmm, maybe there is something to this". So imagine the response of irrational adults.

But you don't have to imagine it, here it is...

Is Stockton anti-vax or anti-experimental vax? There's a tremendous difference. I personally think he's against a vax that has been in production for less than a year at the time and how it was unconstitutionally mandated. That's pretty scary imo.

I admit I may be wrong here on Stock but iutside of Stockton many of are not antivax but are against being forced to take something against their will. The first American polio vaccine originally killed a lot of people. I understand the distrust of taking a drug that wasn't even FDA approved for the first what? 8 months?

Everything I've read is that Stockton was against the authoritarian mask mandates and vax mandates not against vaccines themselves. This after being shunned, cancelled by Gonzaga and bullied for not wearing a mask.

Last edited:
You really think that people are basing their decisions on something John Stockton said? By the time he said this people have already made up their minds. I find the argument ridiculous.
You really purposely read looking for the trees and completely missing the forest. You are not being intellectually honest about this discussion. So I'll just bow out.

You really purposely read looking for the trees and completely missing the forest. You are not being intellectually honest about this discussion. So I'll just bow out.
I'll take that as a no. It's extremely obvious he impacted no one but yourselves.

Cheers.

Conservative activist Charlie Kirk decides he knows why Damar Hamlin collapsed in Monday night’s Buffalo-Cincinnati NFL game…

View: https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1610112587286429696

View: https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1610110160638251010

Conservative activist Charlie Kirk decides he knows why Damar Hamlin collapsed in Monday night’s Buffalo-Cincinnati NFL game…

View: https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1610112587286429696

View: https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1610110160638251010

Y'all are extremely insecure about people asking questions. Why?

Y'all are extremely insecure about people asking questions. Why?
What does insecurity about Covid vaccine questions(I have no such insecurity)have to do with last night’s NFL game? I’m guessing you too now believe Damar Hamlin’s cardiac arrest was due to the Covid vaccine? Or maybe you just think it’s the very first question we should ask? Why would you believe that absent any facts whatsoever? And why is my pointing out that now we have people blaming Hamlin’s cardiac arrest on the Covid vaccine an indication that I am somehow insecure? I don’t know what you’re talking about. You can ask anything you feel like asking.

Just because I do not share the degree of real concern you raise with this thread, does not mean I have a problem with you raising those concerns. My concern, almost from the start, has been getting Long Covid. My big fear was not death, even though I’m high risk, but rather living my remaining years with brain fog and debilitating fatigue. And I pulled out all the stops, N95 mask, social distance, and vaccine plus boosters. You do you. I’ll do me. That should work fine.

But this concern of your’s, well, I suspect it’s misplaced. And I’m entitled to that opinion without being accused of being insecure about Covid questions. And the link I left earlier in this thread did indicate that the Pfizer vaccine did in fact prevent transmission with the early variants.

If I accept this doctor’s explanation as being the likely answer, is that OK, or is this explanation some type of security blanket, lol…

My first thought, on watching this last night, was not “wow, look at what the Covid vaccine is doing to athletes!” But, feel free to raise the question. Me, I thought it was kinda dumb, in the absence of any evidence whatsoever…

View: https://twitter.com/ladyfishrn11/status/1610117759890821125

Last edited:
You tell me what I'm speculating and provide the actual quote seeing how I didnt speculate a single thing. The only ones speculating are you all thinking I'm speculating.
You posted that the heart attack was "sketchy" after 1) another poster said that it was a direct result of the vaccine, and 2) you've posted other antivax positions. The potential for conflation should have been obvious. You're pretense at innocence is unconvincing.

Tell me you understand nothing about what motivates people without saying it directly.

... and how it was unconstitutionally mandated.
How was it unconstitutionally mandated (by that, I mean described when and where is was mandated, and why that mandate was unconstitutional)? You've repeated that claim often, but offered no examples of it. Can you support what you claim, or are you full of hot air?

This sounds like he missed most of the 2010s and 2000s.
What happened in 2000-2019 that made people this hateful, not with just strangers but with family members and loved ones? I honestly do not recall a situation that resulted in this type of intense dislike of someone else.

Even after all of which has happened, people in this forum and many other places online and in human to human interactions (work place, church, social groups) are vile to each other.

The election of Trump or Obama, weapons of mass destruction, tea party, Obamacare, none of this has created the hatred that has come with Covid. People could still socially support a friend who voted for a different party. It was polarizing but not what it’s like now.

From the start of lockdowns, people took up a side, not a political tribe but more financially driven. People who didn’t loose a job against a business forced to close or laid-off employees. Then policy decisions, which not all of these are political tribes either… Maskers vs Non maskers, therapeutics/vitamins/ivermectin vs misinformation, vax or natural immunity, mandate vs choice. Citizen vs Ruler (rules for me not for them).

Everyone lost patience for the other side and still are throwing mud and stones at each other. Trying to group people together without knowing their intentions or heart. Maybe someone is deeply concerned that people could be getting myocarditis from the vaccine; the same way someone is deeply concerned for people who have not received the vaccine.

I really don’t know what happened before that you suggested that was this bad.

Last edited:
What happened in 2000-2019 that made people this hateful, not with just strangers but with family members and loved ones? I honestly do not recall a situation that resulted in this type of intense dislike of someone else.
No one event, but there has been a deliberate campaign to increase the partisanship in this country since Gingrich in 1994.

The election of Trump or Obama, weapons of mass destruction, tea party, Obamacare, none of this has created the hatred that has come with Covid.
Online, I saw increasing levels of hatred at the elections of both Obama and Trump. To a lesser degree, GWB. Covid19 may have accelerated the process slightly, but it's been building for over 2 decades.

For a couple of decades, I've been told I supported child murder (vaccination), pedophilia (LGBTQ+ positions), and racial hatred (hope that's obvious). In my personal life, I have seen no increased animosity, but I have a small social circle. All this is nothing new to me.

Even after all of which has happened, people in this forum and many other places online and in human to human interactions (work place, church, social groups) are vile to each other.

The election of Trump or Obama, weapons of mass destruction, tea party, Obamacare, none of this has created the hatred that has come with Covid. People could still socially support a friend who voted for a different party. It was polarizing but not what it’s like now.

From the start of lockdowns, people took up a side, not a political tribe but more financially driven. People who didn’t loose a job against a business forced to close or laid-off employees. Then policy decisions, which not all of these are political tribes either… Maskers vs Non maskers, therapeutics/vitamins/ivermectin vs misinformation, vax or natural immunity, mandate vs choice. Citizen vs Ruler (rules for me not for them).

Everyone lost patience for the other side and still are throwing mud and stones at each other. Trying to group people together without knowing their intentions or heart. Maybe someone is deeply concerned that people could be getting myocarditis from the vaccine; the same way someone is deeply concerned for people who have not received the vaccine.

Should be painfully obvious. The Internet and the rise of social media, the birthplace of hatred and confirmation bias.

No one event, but there has been a deliberate campaign to increase the partisanship in this country since Gingrich in 1994.

Online, I saw increasing levels of hatred at the elections of both Obama and Trump. To a lesser degree, GWB. Covid19 may have accelerated the process slightly, but it's been building for over 2 decades.

For a couple of decades, I've been told I supported child murder (vaccination), pedophilia (LGBTQ+ positions), and racial hatred (hope that's obvious). In my personal life, I have seen no increased animosity, but I have a small social circle. All this is nothing new to me.
Good post.

This really accelerated under Gingrich. He taught fellow Republicans how to obstruct and demonize political opponents. Bush exploited racial, social, and cultural fissures within American society with his campaigns against McCain in South Carolina, Kerry in 2004, and various cultural issues (like gay marriage). I remember being called anti American on the campus of UVSC for asking where the WMDs were in Iraq.

The 2008 campaign once Palin entered the arena became a nasty contest. The GOP invited the kooks and crazies that Palin attracted into the pool. She brought it energy that older Republicans (like mccain) lacked. This was a mistake as It’s been eating their establishment faces off ever since. Even today a large segment of the GOP believes Obama isn’t an American citizen. When simple facts aren’t recognized and stupidity and emotional are values more than expertise and evidence, then compromise and governing become impossible.

After 2012’s loss, the GOP conducted an autopsy that has obviously been ignored. It essentially stated that the party needed to become less mean, less rigid ideologically, and more welcoming to women and minorities. Ignoring this sound advice has only increased the right’s extremism.

In 2016, they won not by appealing to the majority of the electorate, but by juicing the base and winning the EC. Trump combined with other factors like Fox News and social media, has led to a continued denigration of norms. Which brings us to today where Republicans can’t even elect a speaker of the House. Folks like Boebert and Gaetz are fighting with MTG.

The problem therein lies in the GOP’s base that has become radicalized. They then demand radicalized bomb throwers to “own their enemies.” Once they elect bomb throwers, Fox News radicalizes the base further and the base demands even more radicalized bomb throwers.

The radicalization of one of the major political parties in this country comes at a time where local news is dying. People become less connected to their communities as they don’t follow local news. Everything becomes a win/lose mentality because all news and politics becomes nationalized. People find their echo chambers on social media which keeps them ignorant of topics, believing the worst of their neighbors, and unable to crucially think. All this contributes to a more divided country. Social media really makes things worse as people seek to have their views confirmed and seek connection with others. Often, the connection they find is fool’s gold and it leads to further radicalization.

Some insightful reading

Articles:

Books:
Amazon product ASIN 1594206651View: https://www.amazon.com/Burning-Down-House-Gingrich-Republican/dp/1594206651/ref=asc_df_1594206651/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598239487623&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14151563896511155559&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029705&hvtargid=pla-924245016189&psc=1

Amazon product ASIN 0061733644View: https://www.amazon.com/Game-Change-Clintons-McCain-Lifetime/dp/0061733644/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=2Q6O13UKD0S45&keywords=game+time+sarah+palin&qid=1672807481&sprefix=game+time+sarah+palin%2Caps%2C132&sr=8-2

Amazon product ASIN B07T178MK2View: https://www.amazon.com/American-Carnage-Front-Republican-President-ebook/dp/B07T178MK2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=39DQFVBGNX2ML&keywords=tim+alberta+books&qid=1672807509&sprefix=tim+alberta%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-3

Amazon product ASIN B0088R936OView: https://www.amazon.com/Even-Worse-Than-Looks-Constitutional/dp/B0088R936O/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2EGRXOJADEX0I&keywords=its+even+worse+than+it+looks&qid=1672807526&sprefix=its+even+worse+%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-1

Amazon product ASIN 1733623787View: https://www.amazon.com/Ghosting-News-Journalism-American-Democracy/dp/1733623787/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=JIIMVPB7P8L7&keywords=ghosting+the+news+by+margaret+sullivan&qid=1672807671&sprefix=ghosting+the+%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-1

Last edited: