What's new

Game Thread Jul 08, 2024 07:00pm: Grizzlies Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-08-24

Most of the talk has been about the rookies and Key, but the end of July is when the Jazz have to decide if they’re going to keep either of Lofton or Bazley.

For those of you who watched the game, did either of them stand out and show that they should definitely be kept on for another season? Thoughts?

I think we all are a bit hard on George. He simply cannot process the game fast enough (yet?) and react to the situation. He makes some decisions - on this play I will try to draw a foul...or score...or drive inside and pass - and then rigidly sticks to them. The same is true for the games: I have the feeling that in the very beginning he decides if this is going to be his passing game or his attacking game and he does not change his playing style afterwards.

Hopefully, with time and experience Keyonte becomes more attuned to how the game develops and more flexible in his responses (pass? drive? defer?) After all, even Clarkson was able to make this step.

To be a point guard you have to get everyone involved and then get yours. That makes your team mates get in the flow. Key thinks if he gets 30 points its not his fault for a loss. I want Collier to be point, it gives everyone on the floor a chance to score, we can then see who can play or not.
In the modern game it's more of you get yours then that opens up the game for your teammates.

Danny has already done his best to have us not compete next year.
If you thought that was fun imagine having an actual stud with hall of fame potential on the SL roster next year.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
To steal a line that Jimmy Durante apparently popularized, “so what are we now, chopped liver”? Dude it’s all pie in the sky. We’ve already done exceedingly well in the draft and already have that kind of potential. And whether we tank or not, we already have two firsts coming in. What we really need at this point is to establish a culture of winning imho.

Most of the talk has been about the rookies and Key, but the end of July is when the Jazz have to decide if they’re going to keep either of Lofton or Bazley.

For those of you who watched the game, did either of them stand out and show that they should definitely be kept on for another season? Thoughts?
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz move on from both of them. There is a reason both were on the waiver wire. DA could start scanning the waiver wire to see if there are upgrades there. Ainge at one time was fascinated by Paul Reed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz move on from both of them. There is a reason both were on the waiver wire. DA could start scanning the waiver wire to see if there are upgrades there. Ainge at one time was fascinated by Paul Reed.
Jazz are likely to roll with most of the roster under 22. The center situation was really dicey so that is why we got Eubanks, but we got rookie depth everywhere else.

nah I feel like Lofton is a shoe in personally. Cheap contract, I think he's underrated as well.

Between the two, Lofton had the much better game. That’s on offense and defense - Lofton logged some nice minutes against Jackson. He’s a dawg, I really hope we hang onto him!

Bazley finally cooled pippen jr down. He was big in the boards. But refused take open 3’s and missed two key free throws. IMO he is worth keeping around unless we find a player who can play d and shoot.

Lofton offers a lot on offense. Still needs to be protected on D.

Both of them played better than Sensabaugh

Bazley finally cooled pippen jr down. He was big in the boards. But refused take open 3’s and missed two key free throws. IMO he is worth keeping around unless we find a player who can play d and shoot.

And he didn't just miss those FTs, they looked like something slightly worse than what I'd throw up. I'm concerned his offense will just be too bad to make it in the league. He's clearly good enough defensively.

I was impressed by Pippen. He’s a little junkyard dawg. Good find by Memphis.

Yeesh, I watched the replay of Edey's game tying putback. He's going to be so hard to keep off the glass. Had both arms out on Flip and Walker, reacted first to get into the paint, and once he moved first there was nothing Walker could do to get under him to box out.
That's one of the most ridiculous Hulk-*** things I've seen in the NBA since Shaq. Ridiculous to box out TWO seven footers with just your arms.

That's one of the most ridiculous Hulk-*** things I've seen in the NBA since Shaq. Ridiculous to box out TWO seven footers with just your arms.
I was thinking that the Grizzlies only had one play available and the Jazz should’ve put Lofton in as well and had him box out from across the key. Just triple team the 7’4” guy and win the game in regulation. Crazy that he was actually able to pull it off.

As Cy somewhat pointed out he has that quick first step as well. Walker was fully ready for him and he still beat him to the punch. Walker was toast the second the ball hit the backboard/rim.

Back