What's new

Game Thread Jul 30, 2020: Utah Jazz vs New Orleans Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 07-30-20

Well, not a Marxist woman.

*not sarcasm*
I guarantee you have no idea how many different meanings and political practices can be attributed to the word “Marxism.” I can safely guarantee this because your usage here (like in so many other issues you waltz into) is informed by simple/stupid pejorative usage of this term which is frequented by the political right. It’s so ****ing obvious.

You really struggle to form your own mind around concepts. They dominate you instead.

It's hilarious when people get upset that they can't bury their heads and watch their sportsball without being reminded that there is a huge percentage of the population where the 'American Dream' simply doesn't exist. Maybe acknowledge and work towards fixing the problem so we can all enjoy sports together in a country with equality?

You think minorities wouldn't love to watch sports and not have to be pointing out the mass amount of injustices they are facing? They don't have the option to just ignore it. People want to be able to walk down a street, or drive a car without potentially being killed by the people who are supposed to protect them.

It's hilarious when people get upset that they can't bury their heads and watch their sportsball without being reminded that there is a huge percentage of the population where the 'American Dream' simply doesn't exist. Maybe acknowledge and work towards fixing the problem so we can all enjoy sports together in a country with equality?

You think minorities wouldn't love to watch sports and not have to be pointing out the mass amount of injustices they are facing? They don't have the option to just ignore it. People want to be able to walk down a street, or drive a car without potentially being killed by the people who are supposed to protect them.
I’m actually stoked to see what they come up with. The coordination and thoughtfulness should make it powerful. It’s part of what we need right now.

I like the anthem... I like these guys doing symbolic things... I like having some normalcy back... I know we have a ton of **** going on right now... this might help remind us of some of the good. You have all sorts of different guys with different backgrounds and it’s cool they are coming together.

Should be a great game.
Everyone talks about Zion but the pelicans have a lot of nice players even without Zion and are a very good and balanced team. Man they will be good going forward in the next few years with all they got from the AD trade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

All 3 games vs them this year were super competitive and quite entertaining.

I like to watch Pelicans, even without Zion they were fun to watch and Favors make them likeable for me. It will be tough but I hope we manage to win.

Excited for the game! One thing I want to see over this handful of games is who is going to step up from the bench? I would love for it to be Tucker but if Brantley turns into a stud, I won't complain!

Anybody else watch the John Lewis funeral proceedings? Beautiful! Eulogies from three former Presidents. Even Huckabee on Fox had nothing but glowing remarks. Lewis was all about "good trouble" which was akin to Ghandi's non-violent approach. He led the march on Selma. He was a devout Christian that never pointed a gun at anyone, threw a rock or even burned down a building. His parents were share croppers and his family made a living picking cotton. He came up in abject poverty and yet became a congressman that served for over thirty years. There are pitfalls sure and some bad apple "racist" cops but there are more opportunities today than ever for minorities.

Zion is a Jazz Killer! Just watch tonight.

And if it isn't Zion, yes, the Pelicans do have a surprisingly good team. Guys like:
Jaxson Hayes
Lonzo Ball (admit it, he can play)
Josh Hart
Holiday
JJ Reddick
Alexander-Walker (he's a better rookie than Zion! Definitely better than our RJ Barrett.)

The Pelicans are the team of the future.
I will not be surprised at all when they humiliate the Jazz tonight.

Anybody else watch the John Lewis funeral proceedings? Beautiful! Eulogies from three former Presidents. Even Huckabee on Fox had nothing but glowing remarks. Lewis was all about "good trouble" which was akin to Ghandi's non-violent approach. He led the march on Selma. He was a devout Christian that never pointed a gun at anyone, threw a rock or even burned down a building. His parents were share croppers and his family made a living picking cotton. He came up in abject poverty and yet became a congressman that served for over thirty years. There are pitfalls sure and some bad apple "racist" cops but there are more opportunities today than ever for minorities.
John Lewis died still fighting the same fight he was fighting in the 60's. We are making progress but nearly quickly or effective enough.

This intro is pretty cool, so ready for sports. Go Jazz!

I wonder how many people will actually quit watching sports because of all this kneeling and such. I've talked to a bunch of people and I'd bet it's a massive number. Sad really.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk