What's new

Game Thread Jun 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 06-10-21

I think we should go for the kill Saturday. If Conley happened to be back, then we can definitely do it because they aren’t prepared for it. I doubt he’s back but yeah. They’re 1-3 at home and if you can come out and put this at 3-0, do you really think they want to play hard to win game 4 only to fly back to SLC to likely just fly back home? Also, it’d be huge to get the third win before Ibaka comes back, who could be an x-factor.

2 big leads and 2 big comebacks in the series. By each team. To be up 2-0 feels huge. They played their zone card and it actually worked, but still got the W. Not sure what other moves they have to make.

Going up 3-0 is really tough, but it’s possible. Keep the pedal to the metal. And if we get Mike back maybe we can end this faster than anyone thought.

My favorite parts:

- Joe just walking into the wide-open, back-breaking three. How on earth did they let him have that? He was handling the ball.

- Bojan’s sequence of getting the jump on Kawhi and then winning the jump. We didn’t convert but we 1) stopped them from scoring on that possession and 2) burned some critical clock at that moment.

- For all of our concerns about perimeter D (albeit less-so against bigger wings), who would have thought (especially league-wide) that Kawhi and PG would be getting absolutely smoked by Royce and Bojan?

We’re probably due for a big Morris game.

Also, this is the farthest we’ve gone in the post-season since 2008 when we won 2 games against the Lakers in the second round. 13 years for those of you that don’t do maths.

- For all of our concerns about perimeter D (albeit less-so against bigger wings), who would have thought (especially league-wide) that Kawhi and PG would be getting absolutely smoked by Royce and Bojan
This, in spades. Absolutely no one saw this coming. Bojan basically played Kawhi to a stand-still. Blew me away.

And I'm loving all these times they get into the paint, see Rudy, then nope the **** on out of there. Hilarious.

This, in spades. Absolutely no one saw this coming. Bojan basically played Kawhi to a stand-still. Blew me away.

And I'm loving all these times they get into the paint, see Rudy, then nope the **** on out of there. Hilarious.
Well, they do like to “touch the paint”. . .

Listening to PG and Kawhi post game this team has so much on paper “talent” with no real leadership.