What's new

Game Thread Jun 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 06-10-21

For everybody who called me out when I said the Jazz have a choking problem when they get a big lead and the other team starts a run... well. Here you go.
I hate when we win playoff games with one of our all stars out. Really frustrating

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So if Conley is ready to play next game do you play him?
Tough call. I say yes. Finish the clippers as quick as possible and then maybe conley can rest up after the series (go denver!)

That's a great win! I'm a nervous about Mitchell, Conley, and Bojan health next game though.
Bogey turned that ankle pretty hard core. I'm shocked he didn't miss any time last night. He might be the toughest guy on the team

That’s where Quin has to freak out and demand a review. If Bev pops right back up after Ingles pops him they don’t call anything... acts like he got a tooth knocked out and the refs gift him 5 points.
Maybe this will be a controversial comment but i thought joe absolutely deserved a flagrant. Got Beverly right on the button pretty hard. One angle on the replay showed it pretty good and Beverly got chin checked like he was hit with a cross in an MMA fight. Could have been KO'd.

And I also didn't see anything that was a big deal on the play when donovan went down.

Locke brought up a good point that the Jazz only win because they shot 51% from three (on 39 shots) and that the Clippers are getting plenty of catch-and-shoot 3s that they are just missing at a ridiculous rate. Marcus Morris - who was supposed to help erase Gobert in their all-6’-8” guys lineup - has shot 1/20 despite shooting 47% on the season from 3.

On the other hand, the Clippers get their asses blown out without Reggie Jackson going nuclear and the Jazz didn’t have Conley.

Locke brought up a good point that the Jazz only win because they shot 51% from three (on 39 shots) and that the Clippers are getting plenty of catch-and-shoot 3s that they are just missing at a ridiculous rate. Marcus Morris - who was supposed to help erase Gobert in their all-6’-8” guys lineup - has shot 1/20 despite shooting 47% on the season from 3.

On the other hand, the Clippers get their asses blown out without Reggie Jackson going nuclear and the Jazz didn’t have Conley.
The hydra was gonna have a game or two like this. Morris will likely shoot better at home but I doubt they get that Jackson game again.

I feel like Leonard is really bothered by Bojan and Rudy at the rim. I think that is real. Don can get where he wants to... they need to play Bev to have a hope of containing him. We also got nothing out of Niang and Favs last night... I think that changes at some point.

The thing I am worried about is Game 3 will be officiated in a one sided manner. Tonight wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. Scott Foster is something else... I think we will have to go mega nuclear to get game 3... or they will have to be really off. I think we are good at challenging the spot ups and they don't have anyone that is great at pullups... which is something that has really killed us.

Clips need to turn us over and increase the defensive pressure to beat us imo. They also have to be somewhat connected which seems to be a long term issue they have yet to figure out.