What's new

Game Thread Jun 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 06-10-21

There was a point when we were up like 7 or 9 with like 2 minutes left and we had like 3 horrible offensive possessions in a row and it sucked. But the good thing was that on each of those horrible possessions we ran the shot clock down to 1 second before taking a horrible shot. Even though those possessions didn't end in any points it was huge that we used ALL of the shot clock on each of them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya I thought for sure he was gone

I think he was yelling at a teammate and Scott Foster just got overly excited. I think he ultimately made the right call... however I would have loved to see a review on the PG call since he side swiped our star... I don't think it was dirty but I'd like to at least see them look at it.

This, in spades. Absolutely no one saw this coming. Bojan basically played Kawhi to a stand-still. Blew me away.

And I'm loving all these times they get into the paint, see Rudy, then nope the **** on out of there. Hilarious.
There was a great one by kahwi last night. Can't remember the time in the game or whatever but kahwi had a wide open path to the paint, where Rudy was lurking and ready, and kawhi noped the **** outta there so hard. I laughed pretty hard

There was a point when we were up like 7 or 9 with like 2 minutes left and we had like 3 horrible offensive possessions in a row and it sucked. But the good thing was that on each of those horrible possessions we ran the shot clock down to 1 second before taking a horrible shot. Even though those possessions didn't end in any points it was huge that we used ALL of the shot clock on each of them.

If we have Mike and Joe on the floor or Mike and Don on the floor they won't be able to play that zone. Zones are easy to break if you have shooting and passers who make quick decisions. We simply dribbled around and no one moved. That ain't it.

There was a great one by kahwi last night. Can't remember the time in the game or whatever but kahwi had a wide open path to the paint, where Rudy was lurking and ready, and kawhi noped the **** outta there so hard. I laughed pretty hard

where are all the media assholes talking about how no one is afraid of Rudy Gobert and AD is more intimidating... I need them to weigh in. Casual *** analysts.

At some point, playing Kawhi and PG 40 minutes a night with the energy they are forced to expend will have an effect. We can't let them coast.
I think that is a big part of why they are absent at the end. If Jackson has the ball Kawhi has to work to get open and demand it... taking all those body blows all game makes that hard. He has tapped out before... make him do it again.

Also, where are all the morons talking about Royce's contract being the worst and yada yada. Dude has really answered the call here. I was pissed they gave PG that call where Royce got all ball and knocked it off his knees... that was gonna be a death blow.

At some point, playing Kawhi and PG 40 minutes a night with the energy they are forced to expend will have an effect. We can't let them coast.
this is also like the longest streak of games they have played in a row this season without doing some load management. Get the split and break them in game 5 at altitude in front of a rabid fanbase.

I agree. There was a lot of passing and it seemed like no one wanted to take the shot.

Which is why I was baffled that Quin said during his interview at the start of the fourth that they needed to pass more lol

But it was really weird how we passed out of having decent looks and ended up taking worse shots toward the end of the shot clock. It's like the whole team had never seen a zone before.
Agreed.

I think that is a big part of why they are absent at the end. If Jackson has the ball Kawhi has to work to get open and demand it... taking all those body blows all game makes that hard. He has tapped out before... make him do it again.

Also, where are all the morons talking about Royce's contract being the worst and yada yada. Dude has really answered the call here. I was pissed they gave PG that call where Royce got all ball and knocked it off his knees... that was gonna be a death blow.

There was a window where you were on the anti-Royce contract bandwagon when he was playing atrocious. It really wasn't that long ago to be honest.

I have member berries.

this is also like the longest streak of games they have played in a row this season without doing some load management. Get the split and break them in game 5 at altitude in front of a rabid fanbase.
Nah. Close them out there. Perhaps there's a video out there of PG walking into the tunnel yelling "WE AIN'T COMING BACK!" at the crowd.

There was a window where you were on the anti-Royce contract bandwagon when he was playing atrocious. It really wasn't that long ago to be honest.

I have member berries.
Show me the receipts... I know they aren't there my man. You have me confused with someone else. Royce had some struggles but his contract has always been justified even when he struggles.

Nah. Close them out there. Perhaps there's a video out there of PG walking into the tunnel yelling "WE AIN'T COMING BACK!" at the crowd.
I would take that for sure... I do think there is a game in LA where either they are really hot or we go really cold. Get a split.

This seems really intentional... I'd be sending a tape to the league... Rudy got one in the first game I think as well. That's some dirty ****.

Show me the receipts... I know they aren't there my man. You have me confused with someone else. Royce had some struggles but his contract has always been justified even when he struggles.

Perhaps. Either way, I am stoked that he has embraced the moment and is setting the defensive tone.