What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

If they're saving Conley for the long run it'll mean we sign him for next year, because we aren't getting past this round without him. Maybe not even with him depending on how badly Don is actually hurt. I don't have faith in Quin adjusting enough to overcome their talent. We'll do the same things, with the same lineups, for the same minutes and talk about what a good season we had when it's over.

So far this series... we won a kinda ugly game 1. We won a game where we shot the **** out of the ball in game 2. Then they went nuclear in game 3. If they don't shoot well the window is open... can we get a big performance from JC and Bojan... can we get a couple threes from Niang?

I'm worried tonight for sure... mostly about how DM looks. If he is healthy at least we still have hope of being healthy at some point.

Think we come out impressively and fight all game. Show some resilience, show we know we definitely belong. It’ll come down to the last three minutes. Someone will win. Stay tuned.

The common theme of the first three games has been Utah's quick start. They led 10-2 in games one and two and I believe led game three 8-2. Each time, LAC has called a timeout and gotten back into things. Games one and three were the worst, as the Jazz went cold both times and fell behind. Game two, they actually were able to match the Clippers after that initial burst and response and then opened things up at the end of the second quarter (and then into the third).

So, it would not surprise me if the Jazz jumped out to an early lead but their response to the Clippers response has to be better than it was in games one and three.

Beating a dead horse here... but just heard the details of the Torrey Craig acquisition... Milwaukee traded him to Phoenix for cash considerations... that cash was $117k.

We could have had a bona fide NBA defender who is shooting 40% in the playoffs taking Niang or Oni's minutes. We instead sent a second rounder to Toronto for Matt Thomas.

Beating a dead horse here... but just heard the details of the Torrey Craig acquisition... Milwaukee traded him to Phoenix for cash considerations... that cash was $117k.

We could have had a bona fide NBA defender who is shooting 40% in the playoffs taking Niang or Oni's minutes. We instead sent a second rounder to Toronto for Matt Thomas.
Woah, hold on here. Nothing says that Milwaukee would be interested in our $117k. Plus we’re asset strapped. It takes two to tango.

Maybe try Forest? He can help in playmaking a bit, reduce the load of dm. He will be targeted on defense but it's no different than Oni.

Woah, hold on here. Nothing says that Milwaukee would be interested in our $117k. Plus we’re asset strapped. It takes two to tango.
I believe 2 of our 12 GMs came from Milwaukee too... so maybe they didn't want our dough. We could have offered $117,001 and clinched the deal but no need to overpay when our roster is flush with wing defenders.

Maybe try Forest? He can help in playmaking a bit, reduce the load of dm. He will be targeted on defense but it's no different than Oni.

I'm all for it but I doubt it will actually happen. Quin is really stubborn with his rotations.